The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do crystals from the GW3 look like?

Go down 
+4
Zosimo
Edgarl
Merc
Pray
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

What do crystals from the GW3 look like? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do crystals from the GW3 look like?   What do crystals from the GW3 look like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi Merc and fellow Seekers,

Great photos and postings!
Just as you remarked Merc, it's the testing and posting, not being afraid
to share, which makes our site so fun and exciting!
Postulating is great but basically most of that is simply a repeater process,
and it acts as a great reminder of theories and events but only current attempts
especially when accompanied with photos, teaches ourselves more.

In the past they used drawings, symbols and synomons. Of course it all came
across cryptic. Today we have freedom of information, digital photos and electronic posting.
We teach and learn from each other, not try to be superior and suppress.

Thank you

Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What do crystals from the GW3 look like?   What do crystals from the GW3 look like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Merc! So amazing that your salt was able to do that to stainless steel spoons dipped very quickly in your dry salt. Definately says something about these repeated crystalizations that you are talking about. Very very cool.
Back to top Go down
Merc

Merc

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What do crystals from the GW3 look like?   What do crystals from the GW3 look like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:05 pm

OK my friends!
Edgar…You got it…The next iteration…

BTW--Here is the tartarized wine process I used: 100% wine ethanol from 78C, rectified 3 times over fresh pearl ash/potassium carbonate (50g/l), leaving the third time in solution and maturing/incubating it for a lunar cycle. Then distill, back into fresh pearl ash and it is ready to use from the bottle. It should remain mostly as a dry salt in the bottom or you might have a leak. When it liquefies, redistill. Keep it airtight and out of open air at all times, using and sealing it quickly. This stuff is very hygroscopic and we don’t want any water in it for this procedure. You can distill using a bubbler with 100% ethanol or acetone, so all water is absorbed during backflow/cool down if you want to go extreme. Of course, you’ll figure out your own process to dry it out…

Anyhow, a bit more on this… Thank you Glaser, for the fun …(who knew? I mean like the classic guys, you know the ones we all read bacon/basil/para/etc…Never read one bit of a Glaser but had these ingredients laying around “what the heck” type deal… when the universe serves it up, swing, right? Anyhow, good stuff…plenty of interesting treats to find. I like surprises…
This liquid was getting quite dark “time to coagulate” …

I took this flask of almost red blackness and decanted/filtered it through a fine lab filter. The filter caught nothing which was a bit surprising because in the black solution, there is what looks like large brown particles in globs...reminds me of pure micronized gold in water… here is .2g of pure gold in water that quickly agglomerates in clumps (unlike other metals):

Immediately, on the surface a small white powder collects into a waxy white oil drop. This solution is put in an appropriate sized flask and distillation set-up…the bottom temp is set to about 111C or so and the inside temp is monitored as it rises to about 78C, as the ethanol slowly distills off…the white drop spins with the little ones as it floats around the flask.

At some point during the distillation, these fast moving, large drops dominate the scene, riding high & steamrolling everything in their path including the white drop. You can see the white drop up close as it starts to turn clear and the white collects as powder inside falling to the bottom of the drop.

The internal temp rises as high as 94 and then starts to step down…It hits this point of a sort of “breathing” and with this small amount, it swings about 5 degrees but something like bismuth can swing 40 degrees in a few seconds. I always use a bubbler when distilling because it tells you one more piece of information. The temp via a variac is exactly the same level/potential, the cycle or the oscillation is from the substance itself…. just let it do its thing…

I took the distillate and put it back into the flask with the salt and white silver earth without new fresh calx this time…now, I simply wanted to get every last drop out of the material and was curious if it would repeat…started the circulation/sublimation again. No blue this time…The fresh calx is the key. You can see the bright yellow which won’t get much darker along with the volatile salt. In the bottom is the silver and sparkles which remains white/grey…No sparkle circ.

(Wish this camera phone had manual focus option!) Back to the black flask, “breathing”…as the temp goes up, the pressure goes down (inflow)…then the temp goes down, as the pressure increases (outflow)…unlike when you heat something up and it distills out with increasing pressure and temperature, this has an inverse relationship...The floating drop is now much larger than before and has become a clear oil, the white earth has changed into something resembling gold. In this vid you can see a little bubble which lands on the oil and reflects light before it pops:

Depending on the set-up, your bubbler will seal the entire system off during this time so no loss as it becomes black like tar and thickens…I let it go for a few days then turned off the heat for a slow cool down…the oil is now an opaque milky drop sitting in the blackness:

What do crystals from the GW3 look like? - Page 2 2013-028

Enticing! We could separate the drop and distill in a short path but right now I’m going to continue…as it seems to get better with each cycle, doesn’t it? Fresh calx is needed, so I add 10 more grams of salt and fresh silver calx to match the total amount of salt entered in a similar ratio as before.

Doesn’t look like anything special is happening after it is set up…solution is yellow…I check back and in a few hours, the blue is such a deep color and really nice looking:

What do crystals from the GW3 look like? - Page 2 2013-027

In a day, the solution is dark indigo purp… if light shines through, the liquid it is purp but when reflected off of the surface, it is green. I attempted to get a video of this as it is pretty interesting looking:

Few hours later, from the side:

What do you think? Couple more cycles… Could get parked for a few, while we do some other things, so I wanted to get his post out give you some " videos to pass the time:)"

Merc
Back to top Go down
Edgarl

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: What do crystals from the GW3 look like?   What do crystals from the GW3 look like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:51 am

well , its sure seems to get better , especially with that milky stuff on top, i wonder what properties its is blessed with...more cycles and heat me thinks...
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What do crystals from the GW3 look like?   What do crystals from the GW3 look like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:49 pm

That is amazing! I never thought that GW could turn cobalt blue like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do crystals from the GW3 look like?   What do crystals from the GW3 look like? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do crystals from the GW3 look like?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2