The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting Photos in posts.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Getting Photos in posts. Empty
PostSubject: Getting Photos in posts.   Getting Photos in posts. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 am

OK Guys, This is a test to see if I can link to my Photobucket account

Kent

Getting Photos in posts. EOL004

Hey It looks like it works.

For photos you need to set up an independent account with the photo service/server
attached to this forum or another one like photobucket.

The photo service will provide you a link for forums. You just copy it and paste it
into your post

I will leave this up for a few days and then delete it.

Kent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: SERVIMG pictures   Getting Photos in posts. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:36 pm

On this topic, I have a few pictures in my servimg account but haven't figured out how to upload them. I tried the "host an image" icon above and copied the link to it in the box and clicked 'host an image' but nothing happens. So I tried using just the image icon and I get a link like below. But when I preview it doesnt show up..? I have a photobucket account too, just think I must be missing something here! Any thoughts?

Getting Photos in posts. 10
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Getting Photos in posts.   Getting Photos in posts. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Yeah, I'm getting exactly the same thing. I have my images on the servimg account but can't get them uploaded, and there are, unfortunately, no helpful instructions on the servimg site. Help? scratch
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Getting Photos in posts.   Getting Photos in posts. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Ok, so here are the (very) detailed instructions for posting an image on this site.

1. open internet to www.servimg.com

2. the login is your e-mail address and the password is the same as your password for this forum.

3. before you can post any images to this website you must "host" them on servimg.com. On the left of your screen you will see a list of options. The bottom one will say 'upload'. when this page is opened, hit 'browse' find your image wherever it is saved on your computer. Highlight the image and click 'open'. This will place the code for this image in the upload box. Now click "host it" and you image will be magically placed into your servimg.com image directory.

4. Now go back over to the left and open "my images". You will now see your picture in your directory.

5. Now you will need to minimize your servimg.com page and open a new internet window. Come to this site to post your picture. When you have opened the reply box, maximize your servimg.com page again.

6. directly beneath the image you want to post is a little button that says "links". Click it.

7. Now you will see your image singled out and beneath it, a whole host of url's and such. scroll to the bottom to 'direct links' and click 'copy'.

8. Maximize your lost-academy post and on the far-top-right you will see the 'image' box. Click it.

9. Now you paste the 'direct links' code that you just copied into the URL box. Now click 'OK'.

10. Congratulations, you posted your image.

NOW THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! Your image can ONLY be inserted at the very end of whatever you have written in the box SO FAR. So if you want to try to place an image in the middle of text you have ALREADY written, it won't work. Whatever you want to write before the image must be written BEFORE you post it. THEN post the image and you can continue writing beneath it. ALWAYS PREVIEW your post to make certain that your image has been succesfully loaded. Best of luck and if you have any further questions feel free to ask. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting Photos in posts.   Getting Photos in posts. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:13 am

Shizammm!!! Is that all we have to do.
I'm liable to trip, fall and hurt myself. pale

Once we have the elixir I hope and pray that we will just automatically
know all this stuff.

I'm going to try all this.

Getting Photos in posts. Eol_0011

Did it really WORK******

O.K. guys, If I can do it you can do it. Just follow the instructions and do not slip and fall.

Blessings sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Photos in posts.   Getting Photos in posts. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Photos in posts.
Page 1 of 1