The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My first spagyric medicine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AmonD

AmonD

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-01-12

My first spagyric medicine Empty
PostSubject: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:30 pm

So,i eventually did manage to make a "sample" (small amount) of a spagyrical medicine.I used Basil as the main ingredient but now i am worried about ingesting it and how,so i wanted to ask for some help from those who have tried.

So here is what i did:
I got the dry plant,powdered it,then mixed it in a glass jar with some vodka,closed it(not airtight,but i did 1-2 tricks to reduce as much as i could the loss of alcohol),then heated it in a water bath for 3 hours.After that,the liquid became light yellow color.Then i placed it in a bowl full of cold water to cause the alcohol to fall down from the walls of the jar.The next day,i removed the liquid from the solid,and calcined the faeces using a spoon and a gas burner,until i got a whitish/grey material.While still hot,i mixed the ashes with the yellow liquid,then let it settle for about a week.Now i filtered out all the solid part using coffee filter,and got a deep yellow clear liquor.When its spread in the jar it looks dark yellow,when i concentrate it on one side,it becomes black(dark color) but without dust floating around.

So,is it probably safe to ingest it now?And should i only ingest drops of it,or dissolve drops in some wine or water,or drink it as it is?

(Picture coming soon)
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:10 pm

well for starters, i normally let it digest for at least 2 weeks. so overall you would be safe i am sure to take it now as it is. however, it usually tastes like crap and it would not be as strong as it easily could be.

what i normally have been doing (i am not a expert but my sister has had excellent experience with this for her blood problems - doctor confirmed), is to take my herb, say rosemary, and chop it all up. I then set it in a mason jar with no more than a third of the jar full with it. Pure alcohol (100 to 190 proof) till it is about 3/4 above the herb.

I then through it in a water bath and WHILE MONITORING the temp of the alcohol, i let it slowly heat to about 140 F inside the jar. i believe alcohol will evap around 160-170.  do this with the lid off to prevent explosion of course, and put the jar in the water bath before you heat up the water to allow the jar and its contents to heat equally and slowly.

I then put a piece of wax paper over the jar, then the mason lid over it. i do this because of the metal lids on most jars i have. if you dont have a metal lid, forget the wax. when the jar cools, it should pop and seal.

then i put it in a dark place under the counter normally, however, i have now bought a 50watt aquarium water heater and put it in a large camping cooler with water to allow the herbs to digest in about 85-90F water. i do this for 2 weeks up to a month.

when this is done, i strain the herb from the alcohol, and can do one of two things. i can take the alcohol and start the process over with fresh herbs, or i can finish it up as it is. either way, i will calcine the herb. remix. and sit for 3 days again. and the forth day, i sit it in the bottom of the fridge. helps settle the solids to the bottom. then filter out and put 3-5 drops under the tongue and hold for a bit (alcohol burns, and plants taste bad lol). but it works. and works well.

i am not saying this works the best. as i know of better ways to do this, but kinda like a good mix of positive results vs length of time kinda thing.
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:12 pm

also, you can ingest directly, or put a few drops in something to help mask the taste. thats your call. but remember, directly under the tongue is always the most potent method with liquids. as it hits the blood the fastest and has best absorbtion.

i HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this book for straight forward directions and what not for these processes. probably the most in your face book on alchemy i have read yet. i have mentioned it b4 on the forum.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Alchemy-Primer-Practical/dp/0892541504/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383347675&sr=8-1&keywords=real+alchemy
Back to top Go down
AmonD

AmonD

Male

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:42 am

Thank you passimist.But what's actually the point of digesting it again,if it is (hopefully) completely purified and recombined? (probably to increasy its potency or something?)

I will try to digest it,as soon as i get the alcohol back into the whole liquid.(seems the temp wasnt coolenough and now it went again on the jar walls -.-)
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:33 am

honestly, in my mind, to make it stronger. more potent when recycled back through new, fresh herbs full of more life.
Back to top Go down
AmonD

AmonD

Male

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Picture #1:(The powdered dried herb-Basil)

https://2img.net/h/s21.postimg.cc/5ncl2gr7r/DSC03546.jpg

Picture #2:(The jar i am using)

https://2img.net/h/s10.postimg.cc/ipfengb21/DSC03548.jpg

Picture #3:(The already finished liquor)(ashes added and filtered)

https://2img.net/h/s8.postimg.cc/jlffllhr9/DSC03551.jpg

Picture #4:(Reattempting the making of the medicine using a new amount of dried herb-powdered herb and alcohol in the bottle)

https://2img.net/h/s16.postimg.cc/hiffsox6t/DSC03555.jpg

Picture # 5+6:(The liquor after 2 days of digestion,then filtered)

https://2img.net/h/s14.postimg.cc/5ffb0xtxt/DSC03558.jpg

https://2img.net/h/s22.postimg.cc/k0bhto941/DSC03559.jpg

Picture #7:(The residue-it looks like vommit)

https://2img.net/h/s22.postimg.cc/dco2yk4dd/DSC03560.jpg

In depth details:
Picture 3 shows the liquid i got after the 1st attempt which i describe in the first post.The rest is a second one to compare my results and see if anything will change.YET,the first finished medicine i had(picture 3) was kept in a sealed bottle and after 1 week vapors appeared in the jar walls and they dont seem to want to reunite with the rest of the liquor again(even put it at the fridge,they are still up).Anyway,got the herb mixed with Serkova Vodka (37,5%) digested for 2 days,filtered it,kept the liquid and the last pic shows the residue which i am calcining right now.Camera run off battery and cant find any new now.

Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:20 pm

37.5 percent alcohol.? You need at least eighty or it will have to sit and digest alot longer. I will try to throw some pics up later for comparison. Have you tried any yet?
Back to top Go down
AmonD

AmonD

Male

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:29 am

No,not really.I cant find any alcoholic beverage with more tha 40% right now,and the ones that do have 40% are mixed up with plenty of other substances too so i cant use them.I was hoping to find Everclear,but no luck at all.

I am thinking of taking a drop of the new one since the first one "died off",but i want to be sure there will be no serious damage in case i have messed it up.

By the way,why and at what stages should i not use metallic surfaces to touch the plant/liquor?I dont understand that

Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:57 pm

i am not sure if you CANT use metal at all, but in general when dealing with nature, we are dealing with magnetic polarities. so as a safe measure, i try not to use anything metal. if it is metal, i try to not allow any actualy contact with it.. example is wax paper.

same as in the GW, you avoid human contact as well to keep the sample pure.

Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Hey AmonD,

You can buy strong Alcohol here:

http://organicalcohol.com/store/index.php/organic-grape-alcohol
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:19 pm

You should be able to find at least 80 percent vodka in any liquor store in any state. Assuming you are 21 and lice in the USA. If not you can always make your own. Heck you can even ferment grass to make alcohol.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:41 pm

If it's not strong enough you can always distill it.
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:46 pm

Solar is right. Either way though, it will not be very strong as it is as you only let it digest for two or so days. And with week alcohol. You can extract the alcohol from the water by distillation. However, it would be faster and yield lots more quantity if you just drop twenty bucks on a higher grain alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first spagyric medicine   My first spagyric medicine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first spagyric medicine
Page 1 of 1