The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help with making projection powder.

Go down 
+3
NEPTUNE
alkem5161
solarseeker
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 pm

alkem5161 could answer better than I can,but including his witness I have found at least 3 sources that claim that this stuff does dissolve gold (wet path), however his is the first to use acetone. All others used wine alcohol (brandy) or grain alcohol (moon shine) as a solvent.

The effect of the dry crystal upon molten gold (dry path) has a significantly larger number of sources, although I haven't bothered to count,I suspect its more than 10,two of which were the result of my own request of forum members who had a suitable furnace, specifically alkem5161 who got a black form of gold with the white stone wrapped in bees wax,and cocojambo who got a pink tinted stone without bees wax.

In both cases the result was no longer able to dissolve in water,even though the original easily dissolves in water. There is a concept called "ceeration" which says that the volatile spirit is the key. I think that this may be the next correct step.
Back to top Go down
lucifer

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:33 am

Thank you for your detailed answer.
I will keep two points; the one that you say about the dissolution of the gold using alcohol and not acetone (alcohol cannot self-condense) and the other about the "effect of the dry crystal upon molten gold". The observation of a black form of gold that can dissolve in alcohol but not in water is a major "checkpoint".
If I was in your shoes, I would continue to "feed" the gold with more alkahest (just my opinion).
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:19 pm

That's what I intend to do,but not with an alcohol/stone alkahest but with the volatile spirit which distills from the first matter. It still doesn't make any sense to me. My knowledge of the stone suggests that the stone itself should dissolve in water,but the projection powder should not.

Ceeration is supposed to restore this missing property and bring it out of blackness into to redness. According to Nick this is where the 40 day incubation and color changes should occur.

First the gold putrefies and turns black,then it's supposed to go through all the colors in the world,then it slowly turns red. This would be the 2nd putrefaction and blackening in the cycle.
Back to top Go down
SULFURION

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 9:47 am

Hello Artist.

You should first go to the blue soul of the Work.
What I would do would be to get a file and file off a good amount of pure silver then dissolve this silver dust in aqua regia then stick a copper tube in the blue silver solution and the purified silver sticks to the copper tube.
As for gold leaf.. I wont trust the web.
I will find my true 24kt gold leaf for my mercurial almagamam in pawnshops or jewelry shops.
Remember also that the sages say that NOTHING IS ADDED TO IT OR TAKEN FROM IT AND THAT IT IS ONE THING,ONE MATTER,ONE VESSEL.
Your dissolving of it in aqua regia will set your work back weeks or days if not months.
Back to top Go down
SULFURION

Male

PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 9:51 am

Hello Artist.

What I would do would be to get a file and file off a good amount of pure silver then dissolve this silver dust in aqua regia then stick a copper tube in the blue silver solution and the purified silver sticks to the copper tube.
I will find my true 24kt gold leaf for my mercurial almagamam in pawnshops or jewelry shops.
Remember also that the sages say that NOTHING IS ADDED TO IT OR TAKEN FROM IT AND THAT IT IS ONE THING,ONE MATTER,ONE VESSEL.
Your dissolving of it in aqua regia will set your work back weeks or days if not months.
Back to top Go down
SULFURION

Male

PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:13 am

Hello Artist.

Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Now this is funny. Laughing

While I appreciate your attempt at advice, you really should brush up on your mundane chemistry. Aqua regia can dissolve gold but cannot dissolve silver. The hydrochloric acid in aqua regia creates a silver chloride layer which protects the rest of the silver from dissolving. The best you could hope for is a white powder of silver chloride in the bottom of your flask

The same experiment works MUCH faster and with less labor, if you use warm nitric acid and a chunk of silver. The result is silver nitrate. Silver nitrate reacts with copper the way you describe.

From my estimate if you allow any form of nitric acid to mix with the stone (save for maybe ammonium nitrate), you will kill the life force of the stone itself. There for it will set the work back indefinitely.

From a chemistry stands point you should theoretically be able to ferment the stone equally well with silver metal,silver chloride, or silver nitrate. No matter which method you use the silver is going to convert to silver chloride when you mix it with the stone.

A few of the modern alchemists used silver chloride (calx lunae)

No matter which method you use, there is still something missing. Even after the stone is fermented, it still has to be projected upon a relatively large amount of the precious metal to make it metallic enough to project on other metals. (projection powder)
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 12:19 am

Update: I made another batch and added the volatile spirit to the rather acidic brown oil which alkahem sent me. It immediately began fizzing,with no discernible smell beyond that of the volatile spirit.

My guess is it may have been carbon dioxide. At any rate,it drastically improved the size and strength of its psychic field.

I now have it incubating in a BM bath. It doesn't look any different,except a little thinner. It definitely has the unmistakable energy signature of the philosopher's stone, but only time will tell if it can ripen into a stone worth having.

One interesting note is that the energy signature is much stronger in the dark. It seems to either feed off of darkness itself, or maybe the sun provides extra energy during the day.
Back to top Go down
Thoth

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Use spirt of "natural" ammonia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with making projection powder.   Help with making projection powder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with making projection powder.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2