The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Our Elixir

Go down 
+7
spagyricus
Wilfried
Zosimo
SonofSol
auggie
kevinpaw123
NDC
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Our Elixir - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm working on the capuccine-leyden path in the "normal way" without using any of your precious hints, Nick, but I will force it practicing more solve & coagula and for more time.
Then I'll start after a while quite the same path with a "puddle of manure" and the prepared salt, as you said some days ago, because it sounds me right.
In the puddle a little plant grew up alien , even boiling the waters.
We are not only learning some paths, Nick, but the way to understand all the paths.
And this is, again, to say "thank you".

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:28 pm

Nick, a question about the Leyden path.
I still have mine going here. A lot of large salt crystals have formed on the bottom of the flask. Do you think this is normal? Or did something go wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Quote :
I guess the fact I dedicated a whole book to it means nothing? And the fact I said I've had personal success with it is also meaningless?

Yes it means a lot ! , otherwise we were not here talking about it. Just
that I understood that there are some more important hints on it
to be successfull like you said before. We just need to get these details together.

As for the other forum I really don´t give a %$@# about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Quote :
Someone posted a copy of the entire process in one of the Ruesenstein threads, but maybe they removed it?

Never mind Nick, I ´ve got the copy.
thanks
Back to top Go down
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:31 pm

jairo wrote:
Nick, a question about the Leyden path.
I still have mine going here. A lot of large salt crystals have formed on the bottom of the flask. Do you think this is normal? Or did something go wrong?

If you have really large cubic slat crystals in your flask than that is a sign that your flask was leaking.

Wilfried
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:09 am

Well,
In this path I think that lutum can be very important than keeping the stopper well screwed in.
A friend from the outa-forum, Sylversmith, wrote me that he found a good silicone lutum, like the one used for fish acquarium and that, for this reason, have been experimented with sea life.
But I do prefer to put directly in touch with the joint an old-style lutum then, to cover it, the silicone one.
Old style lutum are always made by (do your exp) with some of these ingredients:
- powder of bulbs glass
- plaster
- borax
- arabic gum
- oil of linen
- colofonia (sandracca) or other natural hardening resin
- even white of the egg or cheese
Can't be only a sort of glue, otherwise you'll never open the flask, but should be stiky, even if it has to harden. And, of course, you should improve it at high temp.: 130° C for instance...

In the ancient text you can find a lot of "lutum sapientiae" that were used merely on the broken vessels and flasks, dont' mind, are for other use: they were made with animal intestine or even thick paper...
My formula is... scratch Acc... I really don't remember.
Anyway seal again your already lutum-sealed flask with steel clamps or, better, with a nice knot of steel wire on the top

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 pm

You can see in the Mutus Liber they actually heat the neck of the flask and pinch it closed and melt it to the flask has no opening and no possible means for the spirit to escape. This would also suggest that when they put the flask in digestion, the used the highest temperatures they could without exploding or cracking the flask.

It would be nice to find out what the average thickness of their glass was and how much heat it could stand before bursting, so we would have a maximum temperature we know not to go over. Also I'm betting that temperature was pretty low because their average flasks probably weren't much thicker than our modern day light-bulbs, which means the process might go much faster with stronger modern flasks that can withstand higher pressures created from higher heat.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:22 pm

It soposed to go for about 6 more weeks, but I'm tempted to open it and try it. I'm not really convinced that the spirit escaped and that all effort is lost. Other alchemists instruct us to boil the dew first and yet again others say to distill it and discart the first 1/4 that comes over. So maybe all the energy is just locked up in the salt crystals.
Should I wait the six weeks or give it a try already? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:56 pm

Jairo,

I vote for you Don´t Open it.!!!

6 weeks will just pass like an eye´s blink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:31 am

mrgiller wrote:
Jairo,

I vote for you Don´t Open it.!!!

6 weeks will just pass like an eye´s blink

you're right.. I'll wait
Back to top Go down
spagyricus

spagyricus

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:49 pm

NDC wrote:
You can see in the Mutus Liber they actually heat the neck of the flask and pinch it closed and melt it to the flask has no opening and no possible means for the spirit to escape. This would also suggest that when they put the flask in digestion, the used the highest temperatures they could without exploding or cracking the flask.

It would be nice to find out what the average thickness of their glass was and how much heat it could stand before bursting, so we would have a maximum temperature we know not to go over. Also I'm betting that temperature was pretty low because their average flasks probably weren't much thicker than our modern day light-bulbs, which means the process might go much faster with stronger modern flasks that can withstand higher pressures created from higher heat.

I contacted a local scientific glass blower and he said he could attach a long borosilicate glass tube to a flask which could then be filled through the tube and then heated to 785 C and pinched closed. To open it you would score the tube with a diamond file and snap it to open. Since the tube is long it could be reused many times before another tube could be added. You can contact a glassblower in your area to do the same here is the website to find one http://www.asgs-glass.org/asgs/memberroster/2005_MEMB_ROSTER_WELCOME.htm

Best regards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:20 pm

Quote :
Jairo said
Quote :
you're right.. I'll wait

So around september you´ll technically have your alkahest done.

How are you planning to test pilot it?

I would say you`d pinch 5 drops in a half glass of cabernet sauvigon
and see what happens...

Well, I hope you tell us later.

meanwhile have patience and good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:50 pm

mrgiller wrote:

So around september you´ll technically have your alkahest done.

How are you planning to test pilot it?

I would say you`d pinch 5 drops in a half glass of cabernet sauvigon
and see what happens...

Well, I hope you tell us later.

meanwhile have patience and good luck!

First I'll drink a few drops in grape juice or something (I don't like alcohol). If nothing happens, I'll eat a few salt crystals.. and see what happens...
If nothing happens, I'll try the liquid on 24k gold leaf. And if then still nothing happens, I'll grind the salt crystals with gold, and dissolve again with dew and let it stand. If still nothing happens, then I'll assume the experiment failed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Sounds a good plan of action.!

I would say you also could test half drop in the tonge as well just to taste it.
and maybe give someone really sick the 15 - 20 drops with grapefruit to see any healing powers in action.

Maybe that would complete the test pilot.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:25 pm

Hello eveyone. Well i finished my first batch of alkahest via Rusenstein. I decided to follow rusensteins advice that it can be found in Rainwater ,Dew ,Hail , Snow, or standing mtn. Pools. I drove up to Mt. Baker 10,000 ft level and got two 1 gal. jugs of glacial snow melt & took them home and boiled them down to 3/4 gal each in a stainless pot on propane turkey broiler . I put them into 1 gal. glass jugs with loose fitting glass tops and painted the jugs flat black to keep the sunlight out . I also lined the insides and bottom with quality oak to simulate the 16th century oak buckets. and left them there in my carport. The water turned a dark orange and a gelatine like Mother formed in each jug a skin formed on the top also and gave off a smell like baby puke .I waited for the white sponges to form but got only a faint white mold on some of the oak staves themselves. after 6 weeks I removed 100ML of the rotten water filtered it once and distilled it 7 times throwing away the first 1/4 each time and the water became a darker red and smelled less bad. After the 7th I sealed it & put it in a warm 90 degree spot for 24 hrs. and took 1 drop in wine and waited for anything then i took 4 more and went to bed and took 5 drops in the morn . still nothing and finally took 5 more drops later that Eve. And still nothing. Not really sure where I went wrong. "AB" hinted that you can pre-test your water before you waste any time on it. I'm thinking he was talking about a PH test "K" wrote about in the dry path saying that the spirit was Alkaline ..anyway that was my feeble attempt Auggie
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Miss-print.... I distilled ( 1000ml ) Auggie
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male
Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Auggie -

When I mentioned the "test", I was refering to a different Water, and no, it's not a PH test.

What you describe above doesn't quite sound like the Ruesenstein method. Did you distill off the spirit and Volatile Salt and then evaporated the phlegm and dried the Caput Mortum? Did you pour the Spirit back on the CM to extract the fixed salt and then filtered everything into a new flask? This is the sequence I believe needs to be repeated. The Method only says to do it once, but I believe this sequence has to be repeated a few times to get a really strong Alkahest.

Also, you should have filtered your water BEFORE the putrefaction, not after. By filtering when you did, you may have lost some important ingredients...

Also, after having the filtered mix of Spirit, Fixed Salt and Volatile Salt - you could just put them in a globe to circulate in mild warmth, and have the globe loosely covered, so the matter can cast of its superfluities during the circulation. When it's finally dry, add some more of the aforementioned mix (but less than first time) and circulate again in the same way. Repeat the imbibations as long as necessary, and see "Chemical Moonshine" for more clues (-:

My May Dew (putrefied for more than a year in a closed jar) has been going throgh this open (well, lighly sealed) circulation for a few weeks now. It became greenish after more than a year in the sealed jar, but once slightly opened and exposed to a little air and gentle heat it turned black in a few days, and it's already red by now. I'm waiting for it to dry and then imbibe again.

I'm keeping in mind that the 7-10 "Eagles" may refer to many things in Alchemy. Distillations/Rectifications/Imbibations/etc... But it appears (to me) that there is a certain sequence which needs to be repeated 7-10 times (different sequence for diferent processes), but essentially the same in principle. That's why I believe that in most Ruesenstein (and other) methods involving Ph. Water (of any kind), the resulting spirit needs to be rectified 7-10 times before it's a genuine Alkahest. Does this make sense to anyone here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Hey Auggie and AB,

Nowhere in the Ruesenstein and in Chemical Moonlight is mentioned that you should filter the stuff neither before putrifaction nor after. I think the idea is through boiling and putrifiying to separate the body/salt from the spirit/mercury.

The 7-10 eagles refer to Philaletha's, Newton's and others' way of the animated mercury.
Smile

Frank

Last edited by Frank on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male
Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:10 pm

Frank wrote:
Nowhere in the dew processes /neither in Chemical Moonlight is mentioned that you should filter the stuff neither before putrifaction nor after.

Yes, but filtering the Dew upon gathering will get rid of dirt that may have collected on your glass/vessel/cloth, which has nothing to do with the Dew.

Frank wrote:
...because you filter it anyway before you pour it back on the CM

You filter it AFTER you pour it back on the CM, and AFTER it has dissolved and extracted what it needed from it. What is pure will go through the paper, and the rest will stay behind (according to Ruessenstein).

Frank wrote:
The 7-10 eagles refer to Philaletha's, Newton's and other's way of the animated mercury.

I think you're getting stuck on form and missing the principle. Chemical Moonshine, for example, mentions more than 7 imbibations/evaporations.

The Eagle is a symbol for exaltation/rectification.

There are many processes where the spirit needs to be rectified between 7-10 times. I think it's a mistake to limit this symbol to a speciffic process.
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:05 am

hello AB & frank ... my last report was a little sloppy. I had quickly typed it out from memory..
I never filtered it I boiled it bugs and all and putrified the boiled water unfiltered in my carport.. The only time i filtered it was at the very, very end.. After opening the the sealed flask after haveing placed it in a 90 degree spot for 24 hrs.{ wet filter paper that which is pure will flow thru} I tried to follow Rusenstein to the letter.. And yes i took the moist corpse from the condensor and placed it in an open glass container and evaporated it gently but I admit I didnt get it to completely dry as i was afraid to burn it so i got it to a thick tar consistancy & poured the spirit back over it.. Also Rusenstein mentioned distilling it only once... but i changed that to seven at the urgeing of Nick and others. I hope that clears my report up a little.. Thanks for your input... Smile Auggie
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:35 am

Auggie, it sounds like your water was well putrefied and ready for use in the fast Ruesenstein method, but then you switched to doing the method from "The Art of Distillation" instead. Why? This is such a shame!

You can have the Alkahest from your water by the end of this weekend, and you can see it dissolve gold (or silver) when you simply leave some gold leaf in there for 24 hours in Balneo Mary heat.

Once you see that gold is dissolved, you can then rest assured, you have begun the process to making the true Stone, and your future will be a very bright one.

I'm also working on making a dry Alkahest from the putrefied/fermented waters, which can then be projected on molten gold/silver and instantly convert it to the red glass (or clear glass if silver) which is the unmultiplied Stone.

It seems to me that some supernatural force is preventing everyone on this forum from succeeding in making the stone. The Ruesenstein method is so fast and so clearly written, and yet so far only Auggie has tried a version of it. What is possessing people from doing something so EASY?
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:15 am

can someone pleas send me this Ruesenstein Fust Method .. i could not get copy of it to my country .. Nick keeps saying it's so cleary written.. i just wanna have a look .
pleassss somebody help. spilo3(at)hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 am

Spilo go click on nicks book on the main page. You'll be relieve to see whats there. From what I can gather, getting alkaheist using this method is indeed very easy. Its the next phase thats trickier. What gets me is the use of a medievil lamp oven. As soon as I can afford a decent disstiler I might try it. But what concerns me is that theres no unmultiplied stone in this process so this is very powerful alkaheist and he doesn't give exact dosage. Ruesenstein uses much more than one gram of gold in this process which is also pricy and for some reason I feel like too much gold dissolved in alkaheist might release radiation or something. But if two or more people here have completed it then that probly isn't the case.
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Hello Nick and friends.. I have alot of Putrid water left over ..I only used 1000ml of allmost 2 gallons. So I can do this all over again as soon as i get my glassware un-stuck scratch I should have put a little lubrication on my glass joints. I wont make that misstake again.. I tried to follow the Rusenstein method called " Tincture made from Philisophical water or may dew" on pages 108 & 109.. I forgot to mention I also got a 1/2 gal. of standing mtn. pool rain water which had hundreds of little mosquito larve in it i felt sorry for the little guys as i boiled it down ..That batch of putrid water turned out differently than the glacial water, as it has a nasty looking Black Skin over the top of it with a glutenous mother also.. Rusenstein doesn't actually mention the medicinal properties of this water as he was more concerned about makeing gold. So I am only assumeing that it will have healing qualities.. Anyway it sounds like I should try it again , But Dont distill it seven times like in the "art of distillation " but Only once as per Rusenstein ? Take care everyone { I love your input } Very Happy Auggie
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Oh.. just wanted to mention that I just got my copy of Robert Bartlett's "The way of the Crucible" which just came out recently..havent started to read it yet.. Also he lives in Marysville Wa. just an hours drive away from me..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Elixir
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next