The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GW Method 3

Go down 
+23
T.P.
Merc
SunWukong
Thanatos
alexbr
alejandro369
ramen
Kirk
kevinpaw123
goatz
Frank
spilo
bonifaesh
Felix_Madhouse
AB
auggie
bluefloor
yeshua
phillip_reed
NDC
Wilfried
Zosimo
spagyricus
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

GW Method 3 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:03 pm

I see, thank you, i will look for. And... the red blood of the salamander comes from the distillation of niter using some matter like sand or some bolus to easy it.

Anyway: did anybody realize the GW path using transparent crystals?
Or the red colour is the must?
I'm making the kiln right now with the new suggestion of Ramen. And I'll tell you.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Hey Zosimo,

you want me to do some nice distillation of niter to make some nitric acid. Should be considered if the red color of the crystals comes from the niter in the GW. If so then it is dependant of the food you eat. Much meat much niter, little meat less niter.

The next step I will try is to imbibe my "brown" crystals 7 times and dry them afterwards with either the filtered surplus after crystallization or the spirit that was distilled from the putrif. GW.

Quote :
Anyway: did anybody realize the GW path using transparent crystals?
Or the red colour is the must?

It's possible that the red color is a must because it's mentioned in the recipe and it might be a way to transfer the sulfur into the crystals. But only people could tell that have successfully finished this process. But they prefer to keep silent.

You can seal the lid of the graphite crucible with ceramic fabric and weight it down with iron.

Good luck!

Frank
Smile

Last edited by Frank on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi Frank,
Found the chemical moonlight... That's the same of the chemical moonshine!
And I think that hardly can be seen as a GW path.
About inbibition you can see the same exps in Oughtread (Sloane 698) about "normal" Dew.

Anyway I've to say something about your idea: I can't send any pic at the moment but the residual thick water of the last GW work (let alone in my fridge) manifested a lot of crystals with very long and strange shapes, but all crystal clear...

There's life in my fridge... Wink

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:14 am

Hi Zosimo,

I am imbibing my light and dark brown crystals with the residual dark red spirit extraction from the fridge and the crystals get a redder hue. But are they clean enough?

But I think my mistake was that I only digested the CM with the spirit of GW for 3-4 days. There probably was not enough time to extract enough sulfur (red) and mature the dissolution before I put it supersaturated into the fridge.

Frank

Smile
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:48 am

Frank said: probably was not enough time to extract enough sulfur (red) and mature the dissolution before I put it supersaturated into the fridge.

Well, it happened that my GW remained one week or more, I mean the caput with the spirit.
But crystals were absolutely clear.
And the same colour have those one that are produced by the residual dark waters I forget in the fridge.

Again, in some ways, not always... Smile it's like baking a cake.
A lot of variables: putrefaction, calcination, and so on... And the sum of all these variables.

Anyway, if I remember well, Nick said that not always we need to clean up perfectly the crystals...

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:08 am

Hi Zosimo,

Quote :
But crystals were absolutely clear.
And the same colour have those one that are produced by the residual dark waters I forget in the fridge.

If you crystals were clear, where then is the sulfur >>>the red color<<
Maybe it's got to do with your food. How much protein is required in the nutrition to get the nitrogen?

Gualdo said in Ruesenstein that dew, rain, snow are the reliable materials but GW is not????

Frank
scratch

Last edited by Frank on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:07 am

Hi Frank,
In the same bottle here's to you, the shaped and long and sharped crystals in the bottom: some have butterfly or maze forms, but if you let the dark water drip they return more or less crysta clear. More or less.

Photobucket[/img]

And here's to you some dry crystals with a dark/reddish color.
Or are they dirty?
The stink it's a little more plastical than dungy.

Photobucket[img]

May be, the nitre we are looking for doesn't come from food...
This is the reason why Glauber and others Masters connected GW with salniter even if Le Faivre, saying the same, explains and underlines that salniter is not the main form of niter?
Of course we know, and Philalelethes and Glauber told that GW can produce the best form of Salmiac.
Somebody empowers chemistry-bought salniter mixing it with fresh GW and letting it rest for a ph. month.
I tell you more: the Glauber Alkahest, made of salniter (Ternan - Gualdi path), smells slightly like GW.

Gualdi, like all the rosicrucians, fund his alchemy on Dew, for the reasons we can imagine:
Oculatus Habis!

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:56 am

Zosimo,

I can't really see the crystals but the color of the liquid is bright and dark red which looks perfect to me.

As mentioned in earlier threads some crystals can be transparent but it is the red ones we are after.

Some of my crystals are transparent some are dark red but most of them are light and dark hues of brown.

Frank
Smile
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Crystals will fail to form when the solution isn't pure enough, and yet the crystallization process is what we depend on to obtain purity. But in an impure solution, it takes large quantities for crystals to be made. Small solutions tend not to form crystals since there simply isn't enough material to make crystals in there.

I would highly recommend sublimation to form crystals.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Thank you Nick.
This time GW crystals formed, you see in the last pics, from the dark residual spirit in the fridge. Don't know how, and in large quantity starting from 1 liter GW.

Photobucket" border="0" alt=""/>

Here's the largest crystal.

Here's the longest.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Hey Nick,
Good to hear from you, thanks for the insight.

Zosimo,
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. A pointy needle, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:37 am

Hi Nick,

Quote :

Thanks Nick! That's what I call insight! I was thinking and pondering over how to cleanse the crystals (mine are mainly brown). I tried it with dist. water but the solve et coagula and the evaporation of the supersaturated solution wouldn't give crystals. I tried it with spirit of GW but it wouldn't work either.

But I am positive the sublimation must be it. Because by it everything gets lighter more subtle and cleaner.

Do you use a Pyroflam pot with pyrex lid for sublimation or a flask?

Any special temperature?

Frank
scratch
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 am

Nick,

Quote :

I have followed your advice put the brown crystals equally spread out into the pyroflam pot put the pyrex lid on and slowly increased the temperature. A watery transparent vapour condensed on the lid and partly escaped but I think it was only the humidity of the crystals which were almost dry. Then the matter got dark and melted into a dark greyish mass.Little by little I increased the temperature but no condensation or sublimation took place at the lid. I finished off let it cool and found a dark gray CM.

What happened?

confused

Frank
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 pm

A proper sublimation requires a distillation setup, so no vapors can escape. It's also possible there just wasn't any salt present in the mix that could sublimate.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Frank

Frank

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:37 am

Quote :
It's also possible there just wasn't any salt present in the mix that could sublimate.

The material exclusively consisted of crystals so it must have only been salt.

I think the mistake I made was digesting the dried GW with GW spirit for only about 4 days. That probably didn't mature the stuff enough to turn the brown color into a deep red.

I'll make some more crystals and try it again.

Frank
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:47 pm

∴N.D.C∴ said "a distillation setup"

So:

1) crystals imbibation for some days
2) distillation of the same crystals
3) and this could be all or...
4) eventually repeat these phases Rolling Eyes ...
Right?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:00 am

...of course (distillation) just to produce sublimation...
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:03 am

here is a picture of my red g-water crystals

GW Method 3 - Page 8 S8004560

phillip

p.s. i had clear crystals at first so i re-dissolved them in warm dew water and left to re-crystalize. this is them as of today.
Back to top Go down
https://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Philip,
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Many different shapes.

I have re-animated 4 small different batches of obtained crystals, hoping to cleanse and purify. I used some warm
distilled dew from last year, hoping it's purity will pull more precipitate out (this is another new step for myself).

All have dissolved nicely with the exception of 1. This batch was removed the bottom of a slowly evapourating jar.
These ones were clear and I suspect not our crystals, but nontheless for the sake of learning, were collected.
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 8 Photo-2[/img]
very clean except for some debris, but how clean could I create them I wondered?
But now in an hour with the very warm dew, no dissolving, none at all.
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 8 Floatingre[/img]
My question to all, if not soluble salts, what are these?
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:54 am

kirk,
did the crystals make the container colder then the water you put in it, it might possibly be ammonium nitrate crystals. just that they don't have any red in it at all. in my experiments red crystals can be made just by leaving the jar of g-water cotton covered and left for months and having the crystals side by side they look the same processed or not, processed ones are thinner and smaller then the longer path. but in doing the process, you get the crystals very quickly compared to just letting nature do it. my crystals are larger because i let the crystalization take some time to work. during lunch today i was re-reading the new edition again which i do regularly to see that i know where to go at the next stage and if something was mentioned else where in the book about the same steps but on different processes. that said, it sounded easy, hopefully you didn't forget to digest the bottom resin with the top distilled water for a few days to make sure that the salts and sulfurs come out of the resin and go into the water before you re-distill the solution again, without that you might only have a part of the total elements from the resin, hence the clear crystals.

i'm not saying that mine are at all the right ones, and i'll still have to grind these crystals to a powder and weight then add 1:1 with a silver or gold of the same weight and furnace to see if it creates the ruby like stone, then will i know that possibly this might be the right one and if i follow the next few steps from the book and see if it does those and if it gets that far well then God has bless the work.

my crystals are from one batch only this is the jar it has been it for many months, no other path material has been in that same jar. and this is my result for just one jar full of g-water. making sure that i had eaten properly and not taken any medicines or the like during the last few day before. and collection around the full moon would probably help.

phillip
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:28 am

Philip,

thanks for the pics. When I redissolved my crystals in distilled mineral water and evaporated and put in the fridge again I did not get any crystals. Did not Andy say in a post that water takes away the matrix of the crystals and alcohol the yellow color?

I don't want to dicourage you but are you sure they are crystals? To me they look like dried amorphous matter.

Kirk,

if it doesn't dissolve it doesn't belong to the goodies we are after. So you could filter them out or discard them.

Frank

Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 pm

thanks for that post frank,
i just went after reading your post and did a quick test in my shed on the crystals, yes they are crystals, and yes it dissolved in water, i used cold water straight from the tap so that i could prove to myself that it wasn't the hot water that caused anything. so yes they are crystals and yes one of the crystals out of that same jar that i posted a picture from as a test just then dissolved in a cold cup of tap water. the water is now a cloudy cream instead of the clear water it was before the one crystal was placed into it.
phillip
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Philip and Frank,

Thanks for the info and advice.

Philip, the water did not get cold (it was hot prior) and I recall now that I did not reunite the top with
the bottom ("hence the clear crystals", makes sense). That's why we rehearse right? Good thing this has
been done in small batches.

Frank, they still have not disolved, time to put them aside. Boo Hoo, like a proud papa, don't want to
just turn my back on them... LOL

Good luck guys

Laughing
Back to top Go down
ramen

ramen

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:54 am

> ...they still have not dissolved...

Ammonium nitrate is extremely soluble in water (118 grams dissolves in 100g water, at room temperature). It also dissolves quickly - same order of magnitude as sugar. A few quick stirs would have ammonium nitrate dissolving before your eyes. I doubt this material is ammonium nitrate.

- ramen
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi Ramen,
Yes, these crystals are still not disloved 24 hrs later. So if ammonium nitrate,
acts that quickly and makes the liquid cold - these are not!

The mystery continues.... but not a very important one. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW Method 3
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next