The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GW Method 3

Go down 
+23
T.P.
Merc
SunWukong
Thanatos
alexbr
alejandro369
ramen
Kirk
kevinpaw123
goatz
Frank
spilo
bonifaesh
Felix_Madhouse
AB
auggie
bluefloor
yeshua
phillip_reed
NDC
Wilfried
Zosimo
spagyricus
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-28

GW Method 3 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Kirk,
i would keep the crystals still though, don't chuck them out just yet, depending on what you have done so far with your g-water you might just have to add these crystals back into the resin or distilled water and digest for weeks to see if they rejoin into the water/resin part. might save you from having to do the whole thing over if you find that missing step you have to do with them. because i thought you said that you forgot to do something and this is the result of that. if you back track and know what that was. could save weeks of distilling, might not either but "inoccent until proven guilty" and not the other way around.

Phillip
jocolor
Back to top Go down
https://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Philip,
I agree with you about keeping that which we don't fully understand. It
takes up so little room to keep and especially due to the time involved. I must learn to keep better notes and not depend on my memory so much. scratch

Thanks
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:10 am

just because i've been there years ago where i thought i could remember what i had done to each jar and that after a few day ( and life basically ) if you don't wack a bit of masking tape on the jar and write what it is and what it's up to, along with the date when you did it, everything meshes together then u end up trying to guess, now i photobucket mostly each jar with long enough captions and still masking tape & niko pen it. i still have the occasion where i'll experiment with a dew alkahest and metal to see if it will dissolve and forgot to name it. i've got to be human sometimes Smile

phillip lol!
Back to top Go down
https://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:32 am

Summer been busy and the experiments have taken a back seat but yesterday I remembered a jar of fermenting GW. I'm liking the current colour, having moved from a very dark brown to a bright red when backlite. Shows some interesting shade of purple (could be camera) but am now inclined to distill off the spirit and move towards supersaturation. Maybe I can finally produce our desired crystals.

[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 FermentedGW[/img]

'absence of attention often creates the need for attention'
Back to top Go down
alejandro369

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Hello all. I've been reading all your posts for awhile now. Thank you Nick and those of you who have helped me along the way. Finally have things in order so I can get to Work. Got to get a pic up to make it more personable. So I fired some of my Red salt crystals with equal part gold leaf. I used the R-9D and now I have this greyish purple powder dissolving in some RO water. I will filter and continue the process. What I am wondering Nick, or whoever here might know ....Is the heat to be a continuous 2000*F? The R-9D hit 1100*C then began to ramp down automatically. Maybe I should not have set the target temp. to 1100*C, because now it won't fire up again. I think it might be dead. Anyone else have trouble with the R-9D? I was hoping to try a second firing to bring the Red stone to the second order. After that I was going to get started on the White stone. What a Face Oh well...guess not. What can I say I woke up in a very optimistic mood.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:36 pm

[quote="alejandro369"]Hello all. I've been reading all your posts for awhile now. Thank you Nick and those of you who have helped me along the way. Finally have things in order so I can get to Work. Got to get a pic up to make it more personable. So I fired some of my Red salt crystals with equal part gold leaf. I used the R-9D and now I have this greyish purple powder dissolving in some RO water. I will filter and continue the process. ..........

Hi alejandro369 congratulations for the magnificent result but please can you attach in the forum some photos of the various steps that you made and of the results of your work in laboratory

thanks in advance
my best regards Alexbr
Back to top Go down
alejandro369

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 pm

alexbr
I am looking at digital cameras, because the one I have is not to good. I think I am going to try a different kiln too. I can see why Nick likes this kiln. It is very practical and compact. I had it on a concrete slab on my desk. I was excited when I fired it up, but not having much luck getting it to work again. Anyhow, yes I will post some pics.
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 am

Alejandro369,

congrats to your success in getting the red glass. Very Happy Try to dissolve it in filtered and distilled rain water and filter the graphite off.

Your R-9D obviously broke the heating spiral. If you have not spilled the heating chamber with some corrosive material you should send it back for free repair or order a free heating coil if you are handy enough to exchange it yourself.

As I keep saying buy the furnaces that have a max of 1200°C because the heating coils are not restistant enough to keep the max temp. for long. So turn the heat only up to about 1070 - 1090°C ( Gold melting point 1064°C)to give it some range of safety because those coils easily overheat and break when you set them to max temp.

Good Luck

Frank
Smile
Back to top Go down
alejandro369

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Frank
Thanks for the advice. I could not resist taking it apart. The heating coil is burned out, and so are the wires. They are too close to the heat source. The pyrometer is not in the same place as the one in Nick's book. My firing was not a success. No Red Stone, just this dead purple grey powder. I found a red orange stain on the brick around the mouth of the crucible. I actually watched it form as the temperature peeked. There was a five pound weight on top, but I believe some vapors escaped. Today I bought a new kiln, and a couple of graphite crucibles with stoppers. The kiln is also good for artistic projects, so I don't mind spending the extra money. Frank, do you know if we are to hold the temperature at the melting point of the metal for an hour? My instincts tell me yes. I will keep posting results. Thank you for the interest guys.
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Quote :
Frank, do you know if we are to hold the temperature at the melting point of the metal for an hour?

I remember Nick saying to keep the temp. of 2000°F for one hour.

Quote :
No Red Stone, just this dead purple grey powder.

This purple powder could be the Stone so don't forget to wash it with dist. rainwater and filter the dirt and graphite off.

Tomorrow I'll have the red crystals and will try them on either silver or gold.

I've tried itwith silver before but only got a silverish mass which was waxlike but not like a glass. I fired it again with crystals and tied a projection on lead. But it did not transmute. I don't know what happened. Maybe the amount was too small.

Frank
Back to top Go down
Thanatos

Thanatos

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:25 am

Quote :
by alejandro369:
I found a red orange stain on the brick around the mouth of the crucible.

I have similar results. I posted pictures of this ring on the thread found here.

I believe if it is red, it is the stone of Sol. And if it is orange, it is the stone of another metal.

If you have a R-9D or R-9 Kiln, try removing the inswool to look under the bottom of the metal lid and you will see that it is being corroded.

I don't know how Nick got the stone using an R-9 or R-9D kiln...
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:20 am

I've never had any problems with my kiln, no matter how long I keep it at 2000F. But I also don't just set it to that temp -- when I first turn on the kiln I set it to 500F, then after it gets to that temp I set it to 1000, then to 1500, then 2000. I was more worried about cracking the brick by using too much heat too fast, and it never crossed my mind that the heating coil could fail. They should definitely replace your coil for free, and will probably just send you a new one without any questions, since you only turned it on once. But the instructions that come with the kiln clearly state that you aren't supposed to turn it all the way up to max temp the first time you use it, so it's actually could be considered your fault for not reading the directions first. Mine came with several pages of instructions on how to use it properly.

As for corrosion, I have never had any problems with corrosion, but I've only worked with very small 1/2 gram quantity of gold, and a few grams of silver along with the non-corrosive salts from dew, so there is nothing to corrode the top anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
alejandro369

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:12 pm

First, let me say I am not at all upset about the kiln. I just move on, and hopefully learn from my failures. I don't even know if my crystals would have worked anyway. Alchemists usually only write about there successes. God knows how many times they failed before they got it right. As for the instructions, they must also be different. They did not come with the kiln. You have to get a PDF online. There is nothing in there about holding at different temperatures. But thank you Nick. Next time I won't just go full throttle! I remember wanting to raise the heat in increments , but the controller is kinda tricky.
Back to top Go down
Thanatos

Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Well then,
I hope I've been collecting a lot of Spirit and that not all the fruit of labor be for naught.

The matter does indeed contain the dissolving/corrosion of gold.

Taken from my cellphone, which I otherwise seldom use:
GW Method 3 - Page 9 08260010
The first 1/10 to 1/4 that comes over on at 150-170*F, after I calcified the GW. Contains a lot of visible impurities, but also a crystalline flux that distorts the rays of light giving away it's presence. This is approximately 15 or more repeated attempts worth..

Thanks for the insight Nick.

I've created a decent setup to dry the salts, using a $1 ceramic plate I got at the Dollar Tree. Humbled and inspired,

Moving on.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:01 pm

For the Dog Days of Summer (in Northern Hemisphere),

So a little updating, I haven't yet distilled some spirit of my putrefying Phil. Dew, time is a tough
master. But I had some interesting development from my previous practical tests which produced various crystals of which were mostly clear or simple precipitate types. Hoping to cleanse them, I re-animated them but with a little too much spirit, resulting in slow steps towards new crystals.

Thinking the matter may not have been what I figured, decided to throw caution to the wind and combine the 3 different wet samples (previously posted here within pages) and then allow them to be subject to a solar distillation resulting in a very Oily product. And some new crystals!. I've yet to seperate and fully dry, wishing to take advantage of our recent scorching Sun. When the rain comes later this week, I will begin to dry them out.

Here is 2 different views, the colour varies abit.
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 OilyCrystals[/img]
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 SameOilyCrystals[/img]

walking the winding road
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Well, the supersaturated mercury has been seperated and the salts dried, thus giving me my
planetary image of a crystal moon.
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 CrystalMoon[/img]
And upon near freezing the solution immediately yielded many more crystals yet to be seperated.

the road continues
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:58 am

Here is the result of the crystal moon ( I named them that for fun, not technical )[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 Photo-12[/img]

I broke all the mass up and using the Sun various times to soak the rays and let go of remaining
moisture and allow the resins to air-dry. Presently in the tube, they have really dried out.
They are very Hydroscopic, only since the test tube have they really dried.

I'm sure these are useful somewhere in the process, which one I'm not sure. These crystals were created without any mechanical heat, all by the Sun's rays over many months after repeated re-animation and evapouration. Obviously not pure yet but has given me great practical experience.

Joys to be found
Back to top Go down
Thanatos

Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:02 am

Greetings and Dear Kirk,

Spectacular pictures by the way; Soooo beautiful.

I wanted to congradulate you on uncovering the dissolving power of dew with the copper tincture, thats amazing. Such a nice blue too.

My experience has showed me that I usually uncover the truth through my mistakes.

I feel very clear and confident now on how to procede with the great work. Things in other external matters, more specifically with the IRS, are fitting together, falling into place and have therefore validated that my path is correct.

I feel that I've finally digested all this information and have assimilated a integral understanding.

My Progress:
I have been drying my GW salts with an average surface temperature reading of 130* F, maybe 150*F, and at the very most 180*F.

I fired up my kiln and melted a 12-14k gold ring with GW salt; heated up for an hour and metled down for almost two. After everything cooled down I found an ashes, which I dissolved in water. There remained a mass at the bottom of the graphite crucible yet it was the color of graphite ( I tried remelting this mass but my crucible did not last and now the mass is apart of my kiln... I can see it at the bottom by a coil.. its silverly gold in appearence). As for what is left of the crucible was the top half, resembling a delicate graphite ring, which I crumbled between my hands.

Yet, This solution,after filtered, was silvery. I've decided to let it evaporate, and see the results along side its relative, which has a vibrant orange aura, as it is red.

Blessings
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Thanatos,

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Yea, I'm excited by the development of those salts,
they will be useful one day I know. They need more cleaning now that they are fixed. Once cleansed, wonder how they will look. And yet I wonder about their strength or purity, as mentioned in a prior post, there was no mechanical heat used just plenty of re-working and a summer of hot Sun. It has taught myself much though - "yea, I need a workshop way... way, back in a mythical yard". lol!

As for the Copper Sulphate, an accidental happening but that's how our Brethren learned many techniques in the past. It confirms one fact; my mercury had fermented well over the last 8 months, and had become very corrosive, PH of 10.5. enough so to attack the inner walls of the Copper tubing. Evidence of our Salt?

To pursue this path of knowledge really requires time and patience, and better note keeping. I have begun some new tests all the while keeping some notation from each day recording any relevent observation.

All the best in your research and may surprise await you.

World of wonder always waiting

Back to top Go down
ramen

ramen

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 am

Kirk wrote:

...Copper Sulphate... ...PH of 10.5....
Kirk, I think your blue coloration indicates copper-ammonia complex, and not copper sulfate. See this posting for more details.

- ramen
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:51 pm

Hi Guys,

Some questions. I've mostly been re-working crystals I produced, in order to purify them. Soon will begin drying them and show pics. But in the meantime, a couple of batches of Philosophical Mercury have been Putrefying.

One of them for 2 months, the other for 3 months. Have been reading much about the recovery of Earth and Sulphur. It's interesting how living all can be and how different each can be. No two batches are alike.

Either I missed it but only the 3 month test produced a skim which I could remove using a feather, allowing it to dry, then wash with distilled water.
Giving me something new to witness.
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 Photo-14[/img]
Is this my dried Sulphur?

Then I Decanted both test batches, hoping to find my Earth. The two tests aged differently with alternate results
3- months - a dark Yellow - clear non-soluble crystals - Sal Ammoniac?
2 -months - a dark Amber - beige flaky non-solubles - my Earth?

Both washed repeatly and dried.
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 Photo-16[/img]

My final query, I decided to decant both and combine as a test, then combine the remains of the 2 cloudy mecuries, having let them settle. No solids are left or appeared. Is this dense cloud layer Ammonia?
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 Photo-17[/img]
I will let this putrefy some more, wondering if anymore life will present itself. Or could I begin to remove its Spirit, hoping to create another Corptum, (spelling?) in search of Red Crystals?

Any insight is appreciated.

In the light of a full moon, darkness ends
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:14 am

Hi Guys,
So finally have an original batch of Crystals cleaned through
digestion, filter and evapouration. it would be great to have a safe
secure spot to do the experiments and not need to use the top of
the Hot Water tank, but what you gonna do!

Anyhow, the first pic is prior
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 Photo-12[img]
And the next is the result
The mass is much smaller but nice how it all formed together.
There is one more like but it is still drying.
Great to get Crystal shapes! Though I was wondering what the
bubble-like formations might be?
[img]GW Method 3 - Page 9 Photo-19[/img]

Last edited by Kirk on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:08 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : double pic and grammar, re-insert pic)
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:00 pm

The bubbles are the impurities in the crystals.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Nick,
Thanks for the insight, the other crystals have
dried, time to crush and renew the purity.

"the dove flies high and low, leaving the waste behind"
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm not sure if heating up the crystals to vaporize them would leave the impurities behind or if it would just destory the crystals altogher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW Method 3
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next