The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dew collection method

Go down 
+10
yeshua
SonofSol
Zosimo
trueKabbalist
Felix_Madhouse
spagyricus
Crestington
Wilfried
philalethes
NDC
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Dew collection method - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:28 pm

Yes,
With the bottles it migth work, but magnun.opus has come with a better ideia I think, I´m waitng to see a photo of his set up, I think he used many ceramic roof tiles slightly inclined in an angle and
might have a collector at the base. take alook at his posts.

Either I´ll use his set up or the bottles, also when you pinch salt in the water with rocks of ice the temperatrure sets down at -12 Celcius. causing a lot of condensation on the outside.it may even freeze the Dew.note that the bottles will haver the botton cut off and they´ll have the lids on.

I made a simple experience with a supermarket plastic bag with some ice and put it inside a jar. it didn´t collect much Dew. a few ml only. It´s too far away from 1 liter. We need a better method.

I already have a T shirt here saying: FULL MOON DEW WANTED !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Dehumidifiers remove water from warm, humid air, working something like an air conditioner in that they move the warm air past two coils.

Moisture from the air condenses on one set of coils much like an air conditioner's evaporator coils.

The water drips into a reservoir or through a hose to a drain. The other coil warms the air, which is blown into the house or room.

Although a dehumidifier does not cool the air, it makes it more comfortable because it decreases the humidity. A dehumidifier does not function well under about 65 degrees.

Air conditioners dehumidify the air during the process of cooling it, so dehumidifiers are needed primarily where air conditioning isn't available, such as in non-air-conditioned apartments or houses and uncooled or damp areas such as basements.

Unless it is designed to drain automatically, a dehumidifier should be emptied fairly often during hot and muggy or damp weather--sometimes as often as once a day.

Consider a dehumidifier's reservoir capacity if you are buying a new one: larger capacity reservoirs work more efficiently and have to be emptied less often than smaller ones.

Dew collection method - Page 3 Dehumidifier_intro

I guess the only thing that could go wrong would be the contact with the metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:05 pm

mrgiller,
Thanks again for the reply. I remember reading the post about dew collection and there was some good ideas. I just wasn't sure what one I want to try yet, and I think there are several methods that are really good. Like, luce7 had the idea about the tarp over the trailer, which I thought was clever. Would try that one, but I don't have a trailer that I could use. I still need to come up with a bottle to put the dew in, and I'll have to get the heating pad to start the project once I have enough dew, all in good time, hopefully come payday I will have a couple things to get started.

Thanks for that informative post goatz. An air humidifier might do the trick if it was the right temperature outside. If what is said about them, that they don't work well under about 65 degrees, then it may be a waist of time. We shall see what the others say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:09 pm

http://www.city-data.com

Look up your city and it will give you data on temperatures humidity and all kind of stuff on nice 12 month charts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Yes
Contact with metal and maybe EMF, or any other electro magnetic fields.
Some one stated here that even Dew from the car`s surface isn´t good ( Metal contact )

Maybe the Dew astral spirit is really kinda sensitive, it doesn´t like our technology much.

and he might be worried and suspicious that some human alchemist

is trying to catch himt and cook him slowly in balneo mary.

So I´ll go for the simpler process without technical tricks just in case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:24 am

I agree mrgiller,

You're going to be attempting a process that is going to take a good amount of your time up, that is unavoidable. So take the time.
This is a process that has specific instructions, I'm going to follow them.

Come on, lets think about this:...

Do I want dew (if that's what it still is) that has been taken or willingly offered? (re: dehumidifyer)
Do I want processed dew?
Do I want impurities that reside in filters/tubes/the water well, to be ingested into my body?
Do I want to collect dew from my car roof?

What's going on... why are we intent on getting the Dew in 1 sitting? Have I missed something? Does the Dew have to be collected in one night?

Why are we intent on rushing everything?
What are we are saving on? Effort, Time, Cost???

I doubt it... If you try these shortcuts.. and you have no noticable success, will you be confident that you have done everything as you should have?....
So then will you end up starting the process again this time doing everything as described?

I understand if we are trying to share info on how to get Dew from the air in a more time effective manner without spoiling what we are attempting to do, but to me, car roofs... dehumids and all that will just add impurities.

But hey.. what do I know... this is just my opinion.
Keep it simple, keep it natural and you're on your way.

If you wanna speed it up, replicate your process in the same location on the same evening.

I'm camping out with my lady in a huge national park and will be taking with me 10 large metal funnells placed in a jar which is then placed in a bucket with Ice. Simple, natual and hopefully effective. If anyone see's fault in this I would appreciate any advice available.

Good luck all.

Karitsis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:16 am

I think some of this has to do with this feature of our time that averything
we want must be ready available. It´s a post industrial paradigm.
called "instant gratification."

Like someone already wants to buy Alkahest here.

And I already had thought of this. but is just a trick of our times of our

fast paced turbo capitalism society.

You are right we should let go and expeirnce this with time and patience

that´s something we`ve lost in the actual state of reality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:30 am

It has nothing to do with wanting it quickly, I am a patient person. It was stated in Actum Leyden that the dew should be collected on a full moon in May and June so if I only have 2 days a year I want to collect as much as possible. If this is not true please let me know, and why this information is not true and where you got this info from. I will begin collection immediately if it does not have to be May and June. So don't misunderstand me, I am only interested in the elixir not the stone, I don't care if it takes me a month to collect it but would prefer not 10 years, so don't clump me in with the rest of the materialistic, always in a rush, don't care society.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:54 am

You see I agree that it must be collected during the few days of full moon in May and April. In Leyden´s letter he says that any other than that i´t`s gonna be difficult. This "difficult" or "hard"
may mean two things:

1- The Dew collected in other months is not ideally charged with enough % of the so called "spirit."
wich is astral energy.

2- It would be difficult to collect it in other months due to local climate or micro climate in Leyden´s era. ( 1600 )

As for the collection with the Humidifer I´m saying that it may exist a distinction between
natural collected DEW and condensation forced artiffically. I could be wrong but who knows?

If you start this very long experiment just to learn in the end that it didn´t worked with humidifiers...well it is still learning. We´ll thank you no matter the results you get positive or negative.

I`m suspicious with the humidifer because:

1- This condensation will have contact with metallic parts of the apparatus, and some people here already said that Dew from metallic contact is not suitable.

2- If the DEW loses its spirit so easily with temperature or over time, what reaction it may have with the electromagnetic field generated by the humidifer.?

___ says one of his friends is doing this experiment with the humidifier. Either we wait for any news on that one or we go forward doing it ourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 pm

If Astral Energy is so pervasive, knows no spacial limits and exists everywhere and nowhere at the same time, then why would one assume the astral energy would be affected by emf or other forms of radiation? The entire universe is filled with various rays, signals, emanations and matter. It's my understanding that our tendencies to distrust these forces owes to their occasion affect on living organisms, or biological matter. Rocks on the other hand, don't give a fsdafpsduf, so what's to say this astral force that we can not measure or prove exists, does?
Back to top Go down
Crestington

Crestington

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 pm

theFool wrote:
Here is my semi-automated method to collect dew.

Dew collection method - Page 3 Autode10

1. A bowl (red) full of frozen water collects dew on its walls during the night.
2. Dew concentrates and falls into the blue bowl (2).
3. A modified aquarium pump draws the dew to the receiver (4) just before sunrise.
4. Dew receiver put inside a bath of cold water in order to keep the "spirit".
5. Timer, responsible for the activation of the pump at morning.

It gives about 20 - 30 ml per night depending on weather.

I've seen some nice ways to collect dew from other members scattered around the forum. Maybe we could gather our methods here, under this topic, for a quick reference and comparison.

I would like to point out that whatever container or collection device that you use to collect dew ends up in your dew.

The optimum collection device would be theFool's device only using Quartz glass (regular glass would be fine as well) instead of plastic bowls and to wake up before sunrise instead of using a pump and running the water through a plastic hose. If you want to keep the lower dew cool, maybe you could keep some ice water in a second bowl and have the collection bowl in the ice water.

Here is a picture but maybe it can help.

Dew collection method - Page 3 Ice10

I would advise against using an air conditioner, metal or plastic collection methods or a car roof, anything that you use to collect dew will add impurities to it.

When you drink a soft drink, beer etc out of a can there is a tinny taste, this is because the soft drink absorbs a small amount of the metal.

It is widely known to never heat plastic bottles (such as heating milk in baby bottles) with liquid in them as it absorbs a larger amount of the chemicals from the bottle, at a lower temperature it doesn't absorb as much but it does absorb some of the chemicals from the plastic.

An air conditioner would be bad because not only would it absorb aluminum from the pipes but also the coolent used to cool it.

A car roof would be bad because it would absorb small amounts of the paint.

It would be best to try and keep the dew as pure as possible for the experiment. Why I reccomended Quartz glass is because they mention in the method that the essenense will not excape Quartz glass even after the 5th multiplication and Silicon (such as Quartz) makes up about 25% of the earth. If for some reason the elixer doesn't work after all is said and done, you can't blame it on the impurities of the sample.

I hope this helps a little bit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Look my friends.

This process takes so long ( 6 moths the phase 1 ) , that I´ll take no chances of doing it
differently than it is stated by Leyedn´s letter. I think the details even small count in the
end but maybe it´s all my personal paranoia.

So that´s why I`m pointing out some of these "details" here:

DEW On Contact with metallic surfaces:

"I don't think metal will work, it absorbs and or nullifies the lunar fire in the dew"

this was our friend magnun.opus saying a few pages ago. but its his opinion.

DEW collection on Full moon:

" The full of the moon is a good season, afterwards it will be hard" Leyden.

DEW astral fire subtleness:

"keep it until you use it, that none of its siprit may evaporate, wich may easily happen" Leyden.

"Set it therefore in a cool place,that no warmth may come to it, or ELSE the SUBTLE SPIRIT
will RISE and BE GONE" Leyden

DEW best time of collection

"our Dew Water, wich is to be had in the months of MAY and JUNE, when the moon is at the FULL"
Leyden.

Just because I do a lot of lab work I learned that small details always make a difference
so that´s why I will not undertake a lenghty experiment such as this without following strictly these simple rules.

Now if the

1- Months of collecting DEW don´t make a difference,

2- If the Dew can be collected even without the Full Moon.

3- If Dew can contact plastic or metal surfaces without spoiling it.

Then okay.

maybe Nick could clarify these details for us or show evidence that these don´t make a difference
in the expeirment.
Back to top Go down
spagyricus

spagyricus

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Dew Collection Device   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:53 am

This is a conceptual device for collecting dew.
Dew collection method - Page 3 Dew_co14

It is essentially a dehumidifier with modifications. The primary modification is the collection coil. This coil would be constructed from glass. The surface would be sand blasted to reduce surface tension and most importantly create points for nucleation of the dew. Instead of a refrigerant to cool the coil a sea salt water brine would be circulated through the glass coil to reduce the temperature to below the dew point. This brine solution would be cooled in a mechanical chilling unit. The collected dew would be stored in a cooled glass vessel below the coil unit. All electromechanical devices would be located remote from the collection unit to avoid EMF interference. This unit could be controlled using a PLC with humidistat, wind speed, temperature, timing and moon light input in order to achieve optimum collection conditions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:36 am

WOW!!!

That would be the ultimate Dew Collector !

Congrats! This one would solve many of our problems!.

Las night I constructed my second experiment with a PET Bottle wich had its botton cut off

I hanged it in my backyard upside down and put some iced water inside around 10 o` clock

and a small bottle to collect it.

As the night was hot and dry it took a long time even to get the cask moist.

In the morning I collected some 50 ml of it.

The DEW was sparkling and cold. It´s a special kind of water really.

So I figure that in the spring time I`ll need maybe 10 of these bottles to get 1 liter in just one

full moon night.

Problem was that my cat was very curious about this set up and wanted to play with the

thing. Now I`ll have to figure out a cat proof apparatus.!
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:34 pm

I didn't collect my dew under a full moon, and I didn't collect it in the months of May or June, and I still managed to make the Alkahest and dissolve gold with it.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:54 am

What you reveal us, Nick, is of greatest interest.

I am Looking forward to reading your new book because I definitely need to know your own successfull Alkahest process.

Uh!...I'm starting to get a few grey hairs, would that be possible in advance to tell me the way you harvest dew ? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:00 am

Well if this helps I use a trash bag and lay it out at night and the dew forms upon those bags. I am very careful when bringing them in as not to spill any dew. I usually get anywhere from 100ml to maybe 1 liter. It works well and can be done on any night that allows for lots of moisture in the air.

Jamar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks a lot Jamar !

Are you Trampoline Man ? bounce Very Happy tomorrow, I'll try the trash bags.

I am going to process as soon as possible since full moon and may-june months are no more compulsory data.

It's freezing a bit in Corsica but the nights are plenty of brilliant stars.

I have just realized ! God translation in french is Dieu, the prononciation is almost the same as Dew. Bizarre, bizarre ?

Philippe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:49 pm

I hope it is not out of the way:

http://www.wearyourchinesename.com/chinese-symbols/chinese-symbols-d/chinese-symbol-for-dew.html

The chinese symbole for dew looks like (just my opinion) rain falling down on a man (why not a woman?) standing in front of an oven lol!

The analogy with the words: "ruby", "reveal" and "show", is interesting too.

Time to Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:20 pm

DEW -- english prononciation:
http://visual.merriam-webster.com/pronunciation.php?id=earth/meteorology/precipitation/08595&title=dew

DIEU -- french prononciation
http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/dieu#Prononciation

rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Nick, Thanks for your clarification on How your experiment
did work without the full moon , or during the may - June period issues.

So I´ll change my plans. and will start my process sooner than planned.

I also plan to take some shots and publish them here.

Jamar do you just lay the open plastic bags over the grass?

thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Yes I just actually lay them on the grass and on my trampoline. See, I live in a valley so dew is a constant here. I am able to collect a decent amount most of the time.

The key is making sure you put the trash bags out at around 11 or 12 pm and getting them before the sun rises. its a hassle but i get up quite early to get the best outcome.

Jamar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hm.   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:53 pm

Still, I'm curious what the subtle energetic variations may be in dew collected under a full moon vs. dew that wasn't. Perhaps a subtle increase in lunar/yin charge? Just pondering.

Egads, lab equipment can be expensive. Also, I am without means to collect dew, as I am currently residing in an apartment in the middle of downtown of a large city. It is quite a shame I'm not yet meant to begin this great work, but I pray that the universe will provide me with the proper implements. Everything is in transition.

I was wondering - has anyone in the forum studied/practiced Rosicrucian inner alchemy? Rosicrucian yogas? So far that has been the only work I've been able to undertake, and it has been quite complimentary.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:19 pm

I certainly think the moon could only help, so I see no reason to not expose the dew to the moon. It probably will make it much stronger and able to dissolve the gold faster.

Even a magnifying glass might be a good idea to really focus the moonlight on the dew bottle.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:31 am

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a few days, just wanted to let you all know that I have started the dew collection process tonight. I will wake up at 6 am to check on the dew and see how much I have collected. I have decided on a simple method, which involves a 16 pound bag of ice in a 7 gallon bucket. We shall see how much dew I have collected in the morning. I have some sea salt, and a way of heating it, so if I get enough dew in the next couple of days, I'll be starting it. So far I've only spent a few dollars, for the salt and bag of ice. We are going to use a light bulb to heat the champagne bottle which will be surrounded by tin foil to help absorb heat. It should keep it at about 120-130F. Anyway, I'll make another post in the morning.

Last edited by Zulnic on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had the wrong bag size on the pounds of ice.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dew collection method
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next