The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

lost song "Sunrise" has been found!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

lost song "Sunrise" has been found! Empty
PostSubject: lost song "Sunrise" has been found!   lost song "Sunrise" has been found! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:33 am

Any of you who are fans of my strange music probably know that I lost the original version of my favorite song "Sunrise", but it turns out I had it uploaded on my website this whole time! It was just in a different section on the long list of files, because the other MP3 files all start with my initials, so anyone who downloads them will remember where they came from. The info is also embedded in the MP3 file itself, but most people don't know how to list the songs in their windows folders with the artists name in one of the columns that show file details.

So if you go to the music section of my website now, you will see the original song is there for download! I should still record it again since I can do a much better job now, but I still really love the way it sounds, and I'm amazed that I made it as my first song, just a few weeks after getting the EMX in 2007 as a Christmas present for myself. Now I'm getting the ESX this year, which is the sampler, and I'll be inspired to make more music since I have both, and they work so well together and allow you to add your own recorded voice. Also I should get another EMX just to use as a vocoder, because you can process external sounds by patching them through the EMX and apply all sort of effect to them, like that song "Hide & Seek" by Imogen.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: lost song "Sunrise" has been found!   lost song "Sunrise" has been found! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:30 pm

I like your music. Dark Secret is probably my favorite, and I see now that you have a few other songs that I have not heard yet so I will check those out sometime. I also love the music/song that comes up on the website. It just gives off a cool sacred vibe that fits the work.
sunny
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: lost song "Sunrise" has been found!   lost song "Sunrise" has been found! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:05 am

The website song came with the site flash template that I purchased for $70, and apparently they got it from a copy-right free, royalty free music website, like StockMusic.net
Most of the website designers that work for big companies like TemplateFactory.com have access through the company to big repositories of royalty free music and images, and video, which they put into the website template, and the template itself becomes royalty free media. You just pay the one time only fee, then you own the media and you can do with it whatever you want.

So now I own the website flash material and the songs and all media content, and I'm not obligated to put a copyright on there or even acknowledge the creator of the website media. In fact, the name of the person who made the template is nowhere in the files or giant flash template.

So when I use that song in the TV commercial, I know I won't get sued! If the creator of the song decides to come out and say he wants credit for the music, then I have the signed agreement for purchasing the website and the media content which is royalty free. If his song ended up in a royalty free music repository because someone else put it there without his permission, then that ain't my fault. So I wouldn't get sued, and I wouldn't have to pay him any royalty for using his song during the time I did, but I wouldn't be able to continue using it any more.

Hopefully that won't happen, because if can consistently make enough money each time I run the commercial for a month, then I can perpetually keep paying for more run time for my commercial to be shown on TV, forever and ever!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Hyramposey

Hyramposey

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: lost song "Sunrise" has been found!   lost song "Sunrise" has been found! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:57 am

Nick,

Please contact me via e-mail, we need to talk and share musical ideas for the commercial. I can be of great help to you on this project! Cool

Blessings,

Hyram farao Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HyramPosey
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lost song "Sunrise" has been found!   lost song "Sunrise" has been found! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lost song "Sunrise" has been found!
Page 1 of 1