The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay Empty
PostSubject: Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay   Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:42 pm

Dear Nicolas and friends,

I wish you all a happy new year! Nicolas, please tell me your opinion: I found on ebay, a 2 gallon essential oil water distillation kit for $70. (The ebay item number is 160344866375 in order to find it through the advanced search option). Do you think it has the guts to have the job done for the Dry Path? Any of the other friends, has experimented with such a kit? You see, the company I was working for, closed down so I am building a lab in my new apartment, on a tight budget. For the time being, my main goal is to make the dry Alkahest and start ingesting it for its physical benefits and for spiritual ascension. Thank you for your help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay   Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:11 pm

$107.50 shipped 24/40

http://www.crscientific.com/distilling.html

Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay Distilling-apparatus-new

The 200mm Graham condenser is only $40.

They also sell ceramic crucibles 10ml-30ml for $1.89-$2.19 good to 1050C.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay   Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:57 pm

I don't understand what you mean by the "Dry path". You don't use a flask for that path, you use a graphite crucible in a melting furnace heated up to 2012F.

If you just mean for distillation, sure anything works for distillation of water, if the cheap little $30 essential oil distiller from Edmund Scientific. Its nothing but a mason jar with a copper pipe coil attached to it for a condenser. You don't need to get fancy when distilling water. But if you plan to do other alchemy experiments with it, then you should go ahead and get.

Personally I don't like those kind of distillation units because the arm is attached to the flask, so its very hard to clean. Also its slanting down the wrong way. And really for alchemy, a retort is best because it has the arm coming right out the side, so things can distill over nice and easy. Often in alchemy you will work with substances that can't be distilled in a normal flask setup because the fumes would need to travel striaght up, then make there way into the arm. With a retort, the arm comes right out the side of the flask, so even the hardest to distill substances can easily make there way into the receiver.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay   Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:59 pm

In the dry path, you still need a distillation unit to get the spirit from the philosophical dew and flasks to digest the spirit or grow the crystals, don't you, Nick. Or am i reading this wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay   Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Sorry dear Nick, I didn't express myself right about the Dry Path. What I meant was a distillation kit for dew or thunderstorm water in order to get the spirit from the philosophical dew after the puetrefication stage. I will see if Edmund Scientific can mail this kit to Greece. My deepest appreciation for your help! You rock!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay   Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inexpensive distillation kit from ebay
Page 1 of 1