The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi, new here. GW3 question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aetherius

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Hi, new here. GW3 question. Empty
PostSubject: Hi, new here. GW3 question.   Hi, new here. GW3 question. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:32 am

I just started and I'm already a bit unsure what to do because I didn't expect the first day (4/17) of GW collection from first thing in the morning to precipitate little orange crystals in 24 hours... but that is what happened by the lapse of one day.

Then the next morning (4/18) I added more GW to the same container which is now full pretty much to the top and sealed with a lid. The next morning I had more crystals. (I'm not sure if keeping the lids on or having completely full containers is the best way or not, but that's what I did and it's still that way. After 4 more days (now 4/22) there are small orange crystals along the sides of the container and a small pile of them on the bottom about the circumference of a quarter.

The samples from the days in between (4/19, 4/20, 4/21) haven't yielded any crystals yet, except maybe a few tiny specs I can begin to see in the 4/21 sample. The sample from 4/22 is yielding crystals after 24 hours. It is now 4/23 around 7:30 a.m.

So..... on page 43 of Nick's second edition it says "all that is important is to obtain the salt from dew [GW], then digest it properly with the rectified spirit which was distilled 10 times."

I understand that part, but I didn't think I'd have to know what to do with the crystals yet since I didn't think they'd show up until AFTER distillation and refrigeration... but here they are, and I'm not sure what to do with them.

The crystals that are forming are small like slivers or grains of salt. Do I filter out the crystals that have formed with a filter paper, re-saturate with water, and then refrigerate to get bigger, nicer crystals? Or, do I leave them in there for the 40 days? It also occurred to me to try just putting it in the fridge to see if larger crystals precipitate out, but I know that is out of sequence and I'm trying to do what Nick says, not just make stuff up. And, I don't want to mess up what looks like it's going in the right direction.

And, either way, should I keep the GW in sealed containers but only about half full to allow circulation during the putrefaction stage? Or at this point does it matter?

Thanks,
Aetherius

[Sorry... I think Ioriginally posted this in the wrong section... so I'm reposting it here. Thanks!]
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new here. GW3 question.   Hi, new here. GW3 question. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 am

Welcome Aheterius,
First of all the best thing to do is to post some pics about these crystals.
Somebody months ago posted a funny chat from somewhere in the web where a guy found a glass full of GW a couple of days after a "dirty party": it was no more GW but red crystals, and tha guy went crazy.
Probably they were produced after an evaporation in the sun...
No distillation and no whatsoever other operation.

If these are al-ready crystals probably the best thing to do is to produce the mercury or spirit of GW (the first 1/6 or 1/10 of the passing water) and put it together with these crystals to enpower for some days in a close flask.

Otherwise: you should wash the sticky-color away and, using the usual methods, produce clean crystals and... put it together etc...

Have a good reason and a good feeling doing your Opus. Good luck!

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Aetherius

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Thank you Zosimo   Hi, new here. GW3 question. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:19 am

I will try to get some pics taken soon. I have to find my digital camera and see if the batteries are good.

As far as the GW is concerned, I will start filtering out the crystals and drying them. There is not any sticky residue that I can tell.

But it's only been 5 days, so don't I need to wait before distilling the spirit until the 40 days have passed? Otherwise the spirit hasn't been released from putrefaction yet... right?
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new here. GW3 question.   Hi, new here. GW3 question. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi Aetherius,
Read the GW posts, distinguish and connect, discuss in your mind (not aloud...) about all the possible tracks and decide.
The spirit come from putrefaction, of course, then you filter and, after that, you should distill: then you have that spirit.

I think that your crystals can wait silently after you throw the water.
You can use other fresh GW to putrefie.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new here. GW3 question.   Hi, new here. GW3 question. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:50 am

Welcome Aetherius,

My opinion: pour the GW into a big glas vase or some other wide opened container and cover it with a piece of clean cotton (piece of a Tee shirt) and fix it with some clothes-pegs so it can properly breathe and putrify. I'd leave the crystals inside and distill off the spirit. Then you can filter the rest of the putrified GW but you will find that no crystals will stay behind in the filter. I find that the transparent crystals only pass in distillation when the temperature is too high. So it is advisable to distill the spirit with low temp.
Good Luck!

Frank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new here. GW3 question.   Hi, new here. GW3 question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, new here. GW3 question.
Page 1 of 1