The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS

Go down 
+4
Zotopek
cocojambo
Zosimo
alexbr
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:50 am

Dear Bros,
At the end the images of the book simply show two kind of the use of this series of 3 lenses, depending on the dimeter of these, and on how the sun beam pass through the lenses:
- one that widens, that is for digestion or for distillation, just to heat the flask or the head, in case of a distilling train provided with a head with pockets or, better to explain, wide cheeks that bring the flux in the beak (otherwise the drops simply return to the bottom of the flask).
- One that narrows, that is for calcination, with the matter put in a line, so that the materia can be calcined by the sun even when it moves upward or downward the horizon, and (probably but I'm not sure of this last insight) with the use of a convex lenses put directly on the matter.
Good research job, well done!
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 8:49 am

And...

1987. Mellon Collection, Yale University Library MS. 136.
66 folios. Paper. 208x174mm. 18th Century [1798.]
Johann Arndt. Das zweyte Silentium Dei in des Königs Salomonis des Weisen paradiesseschen Lustgarten [written by Gottfried Klaussen (?) in German and Latin.]
[With four pen illustrations.]
[The prologue to this text, dated 1599, was published in Paradiesgärtlein aller christlichen Tugenden, 1612, and later reprinted in Vier Bücher vom wahren Christenthum, 1733.]
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/almss17.html

"Nos verres ardents doivent être faits de la plus pure et la plus fine matière, ensuite supérieurement bien polis. Plus ces verres seront grands, plus leur force sera grande pour opérer plus promptement et plus efficacement pour finir une opération.
Cependant, leur grandeur suffira pour tous les œuvres ci-devant détaillés quand le verre capital contient en son diamètre 24 pouces (60 cm) et au centre 3 pouces (7,5 cm), puis le verre collectif en son diamètre douze pouces (30 cm) et au centre 2 pouces 1/3 (6,5 cm). Car la trop grande force du feu, quoi qu'il sorte de la nature, nuit néanmoins et outrepasse les genres moindres qui ne pourraient être portés dans la perfection, (fin page 379) ainsi que par comparaison nous pouvons l’observer, lors qu'un été aura été excessivement chaud et sec. C'est pourquoi chaque opération doit être dirigée suivant son espèce et par le degré du feu qu'elle requiert.
Si vous avez besoin de donner feu de fusion, il faut que le foyer entier frappe la matière exposée. Si vous voulez donner feu de calcination ou celui de digestion ou celui de distillation, vous poussez la machine exposée de quelques degrés, ainsi que nous l'avons indiqué au dessin de la machine, à proportion qu'il sera nécessaire, soit en arrière, soit en avant, ce que la pratique vous apprendra facilement."

If you need a melting fire, it is necessary that the whole focus power strikes the exposed material. If you want to give fire calcination or the digestion or the distillation, you move the machine exhibited some degree, as we have shown in the drawing of the machine; always it will be necessary to concentrate or back either forward, practice that you will learn easily...
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:16 am

Hi zosimo
I put here a link to a one version different of silentium-arcana divina where are the very good immage of apparatus of these lens pdf pag 7, 8, 9 pag original manuscript 36, 37, 38.

this silentiun dei of which belonged Karl Kiesewetter to her great grandfather was an one Emperor of the Golden rose cross of German * 
Paracelsus: Karl Kiesewetter (1854-1895) Nachlass: Universal Anleitung, wie und auf was Weise die hernach verzeichnete Machina ... zu allen ... alchemischen Operationen zu gebrauchen ... aus Theophrasti Paracelsi eigener Handschrift ... - BSB Kiesewetteriana 25 d, Lipsiae, 10.12.1767 [BSB-Hss Kiesewetteriana 25 d]

link http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/~db/0002/bsb00021206/images/index.html?id=00021206&fip=eayaweayafsdrsdaseayaenxsxdsydewq&no=3&seite=2

Nachlässe der Bayerischen Staatsbibliothek

RC internal degrees
for the Golden R.C. internal degrees for to have a very very good general overview with also instructions alchemical operative very interestig and the dep indication of oprativite alchemical internal of the degrees of the golden rosa cross is the very very interesting the (German) book of Bermhard Beyer Das Lehrsystem des Ordens der Gold- und Rosenkreuzer. Pansophia - Urquellen inneren Lebens.
In amazon : http://www.amazon.de/Lehrsystem-Ordens-Gold--Rosenkreuzer-Pansophia/dp/3902705027/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351794581&sr=8-2 (now i found and i attach version itatian in thread Thesauro Thesaurorum )

my best regards alexbr

Last edited by alexbr on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:59 pm

Thank you very much Alex for the Bayerischen book anyway,
I would like to know where did you find the french picture that you translated always from another version of Arcana Divina.
Last thing: there is a very precise text about R+C and their lab works in the BNC of Florence, Italy. With Freemasonry ranks, rite, etc.
And another is at the Verginelli-Rota collection at the Lincei's in Rome.
My best regards.
Zosimo
Back to top Go down
alexbr

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi zosimo the drawings lens etc are of a some version of the arcana divina  there with a some different note etc and many are pubblic in many library so i post  a list as soon as possible thuis figure arrived by one version of it

(NB the real difference between the different version of arcana divina them is that many are missing the second part of the moon and the chapters on the moon and the consequent use of lunar fire seems that some arcane indicate a solar operability and what could be argued that the moon was only added later but this is just a hypothesis and research goes well studied and analyzed carefully )

in your post you say :
(there is a very detailed text about R + C and their lab works in the BNC of Florence, Italy. Freemasonry With ranks, rite, etc..
And another is at the Verginelli-Rota's collection at the Lincei in Rome.)

can you put 2 link or the of the collacation library and exact locations of the 2 texts that you indicate here

my best regards alexbr

Last edited by alexbr on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
alexbr

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi zosimo here a some differen version of arcana divina with a little differen note etc and many of this version are with a some little differet are all pubblic in library
(NB the real difference between the different version of arcana divina them is that many are missing the second part of the moon and the chapters on the moon and the consequent use of lunar fire seems that some arcane indicate a solar operability and what could be argued that the moon was only added later but this is just a hypothesis and research goes well studied and analyzed carefully)

1932. Mellon Collection, Yale University Library MS. 81.
239 folios. Paper. 193x115, with some folios in other formats. 18th Century
Arcana divina et compendium cum clavibus Philosophischen Realitäten und Experimenten [in German and Latin.]
[Compiled about 1743 by F.F. Weichenhaan, partly from materials written about 1705 by Anna Susanna Lieber.

1939. Mellon Collection, Yale University Library MS. 88.
54 folios. Paper. 280x195mm. 18th Century [c. 1725.]
Arcana divina [In German and Latin.]
[Illustrated with folding pen and wash drawing showing in the upper centre of a cloudy sky the Sun, whose rays are seen to be aimed especially at three double burning lenses set on pedestals, the two on each side act upon glass vessels set on tables, while the other in the centre, supported by two angelic figures burns material in a plate.]
[From the Julius Kohn Collection.]

913. London, Wellcome Institute MS. 3123.
125 pages + 72 folios + 2 folios. 305x205mm. 19th - 20th Century [1889-1919.]
Julius Kohn [Transcripts of alchemical works: in German and French.]
1. p1-82 Arcana divina [Collection of alchemical receipts, processes and 'secrets' in German.]

822. London, Wellcome Institute MS. 1091.
407 pages. 230x180mm. Written in Paris. 18th Century. 1777.
7. p351-407 Arcana divina. In language francese

810. London, Wellcome Institute MS. 971.
2 folios + 163 pages + 4 blank folios. 270x180mm. Early 18th Century.
Arcana divina. Der aus köstlichen Verstehung wahraffte Grundquell und Weeg der Weissheit wie der von Einigkeit gebenedyte Stein der aller Weisen Geheimnisse zu machen, und zuglich aus deren 3en Reichen ein Universal-Werck zu verfertigen sey...
[With 10 folding sheets inserted, 9 of which contain pen-drawings of alchemical mirrors and other apparatus, and the last a planetary table.]
[On the second preliminary leaf is a note 'Possessor manuscripti est F. F. Weichenhaan juris et metallurgiae peritus philosophus Serenissimi Ducis Saxo-Hildeburghusensis à Consiliis Aulicis nec non Advocatus Ordinarius et Notarius Caesaraeus publicus et juratis'.]
[From Julius Kohn Library.]

There is also one version of this manuscript of the Arcana Divina translation in French

822. London, Welcome Institute MS. 1091.
407 pages. 230x180mm. Written in Paris. 18th Century. 1777.
7. p351-407 Arcana divina. In language france

my best regards alerxbr
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:41 am

Dear Alex,
unfortunately
- STILL doesn't exist the digital copy of these texts
- nor the digital copy of any library catalogue of the Lincei
- and in the one of the Central National Library of Florence, BNCF, I can't find the title.

Italy is famous for two things the world over: having 70% of the world art & not being able to deal with it.

Lincei Fondo Verginelli Rota

http://opac.bncf.firenze.sbn.it/opac/controller.jsp?action=search_baseedit

When I will be back home I will try to find the documents and send them in some ways, just give me some days.
My best regards
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:50 am

http://www.lacittadella-web.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=530

E' un testo mezzo in tedesco e mezzo in francese.
Ricordo che nel catalogo (ed. Nardini) era rappresentato il Quadro di Loggia di quell'ordine rosicruciano.  Ho trovato il medesimo testo alla Royal Society di Londra e credo che sia ancora un rito colà praticato.
Ma sia in questo che nel testo dei Lincei si spiegavano vari procedimenti di laboratorio usati collettivamente per esercitare l'attenzione e la collaborazione degli iniziati (parergon) onde incamminarsi verso la realizzazione interiore individuale (Ergon).  
Il testo della BNCF è invece tutto in tedesco.
Intanto è tutto.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi Zosimo trhanks will be very interesting to compare the manuscripts indicate that as soon as I provide the exact locations procure them and we work on comparing them with other THANK Merry-xmas

my best regards alexbr

:::::::::::::::::::::::here the exact original italian ::::::::::

Hi zosimo grazie sara molto interessante co0nfrontare i manoscritti che indichi appena mi fornisci le esatte collocazioni li procuro e ci lavoro sopra confrontandoli con altri GRAZIE Merry-xmas

cordialmente alexbr
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Here they are the infos that I've promised.

Testo n°322 del fondo Verginelli-Rota Accademia dei Lincei
die Theoretischen bruder (Athen 1785)
It contains the doctrine of the Rosecrucian, the complete ritual of the II grade and an appendix to the III and V.
Alchemy starts at pag 258 and goes on till the end.  We translated it but is not on digital.
All in a difficult German language.
INSTRUCTIO MISTERII MAGNI DESCRIPTIO

this is an image of the lodge framework:
 ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 28421d00-a533-408c-8cb1-f07044ff1f73_zps4d355cdf

The other one from the BNCF is
5. Grade des R. C.
De la dissolution de l'Or
4 chapters: I - II - II observation - Procedè
It is all in French, we translated it, but not on digital.
Can't find it anymore in the catalog.
Best regards.
Zosimo
Back to top Go down
alexbr

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:06 am

Hi zosimo thanks Testo n°322 del fondo Verginelli-Rota Accademia dei Lincei i go to see and confront you have copy and and a one translation of it ?

BNCF have you the excat collocation number and title ?you have copy and a one translation of it ?

my best regards alexbr buone feste e buon anno

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi Alex,
unfortunately I can not find my notebook of librarian research. As soon as I find it I'll let you know.
I've found it in the paper catalogue, probably in the Magliabechi fund.
And probably a student forgot to give me back the final version of the translation of the french text.
But if you like I can send you the copy of all the papers of the translation in italian of the two texts and the originals.
Or, may be, I can try to take a picture of these and publish them here.

Ciao Alex,
Sfortunatamente non riesco a trovare il mio quaderno di ricerca bibliotecaria. Appena lo trovo ti faccio sapere.
Ho trovato il testo, se non erro, nel catalogo magliabechiano, ma in quello cartaceo.
Probabilmente uno studente si è scordato di restituirmi l'ultima versione di quello in francese.
Ma se ti fa piacere ti posso mandare la copia dei fogli della traduzione in mio possesso ed anche gli originali.
O forse riesco a riprodurre i testi e a pubblicarli su questo sito.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:31 am

Hi zosimo yes very very thanks for now I'm gone when I get back I'll write well about the various grades of the rose cross to compare them all the best in the meantime best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a good new year thanks again

my best regards alexbr
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:23 pm

There are some lovely pictures of solar furnaces on this website:
http://www.alchemydiscussion.com/view_topic.php?id=549&forum_id=8&highlight=l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS     ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS          - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALCHEMY SOLAR-LUNAR WITH MIRROR AND LENS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2