The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

when does salt float

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

when does salt float Empty
PostSubject: when does salt float   when does salt float Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:48 pm

so i am letting one of my salt-humidity batches bath in some heat. not boiling but few bubbles here and there. this time however, i notice something different. normally all the salt finds its way to the bottom of the container while the water floats above it. not so this time. the salt is all on the top forming a layer. this layer was about 5/16 thick and after a while of heat it has shrunk to about a 1/8 inch. but still floating above the water. there are small particles of salt circulating around the bottle but non seems to be sinking to the bottom now. has anyone else noticed this? my understanding is the salt will dissolve in water normally and if too much is added, will sink to the bottom. and previous attempts have shown this.

whats more is the salt layer on top does not quite look like salt in the past that sunk to bottom. looks more like a salt foam mixture. like the bubbles are all catching on this layer and chilling out. collecting. again, i know nothing. but just watching and making observations. any thoughts, inputs, sarcasm. all welcomed Razz
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: when does salt float   when does salt float Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:55 pm

As far as I'm aware you're the only person who got anything interesting from sea salt. The best I ever got was identical to ordnary salt but amplified psychic abilities especially dreams it had slight physical benifits as well.
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: when does salt float   when does salt float Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:02 pm

well fsdafpsduf lol
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: when does salt float   when does salt float Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:01 am

from spagyric medicine in rams

Take some of our sea water. It must be healthy and clean. Take 40 measures (quarts) . leave it for a whole month in a dark heat, so that it can properly putrefy . The longer it stays thus, the more spirit it will give. Then distill it in ash, and a spirit strong as fire will come out of it. This spirit must be well rectified and poured back on the black mass that is left behind, then distilled by degrees. Now a beautiful crystalline salt will rise to the head. rectify it and preserve it well, lest it fly away. Calcine the body that is left till it is brown. Then extract from it its fixed white salt with its phlegm. Distill a spirit from this same salt into which you must pour, drop by drop, the first volatile spirit turned into water, which will cause it to roar strongly. Now remove the phlegm form it, gently, in the BM. At the bottom of the vessel a white gum will be left, which enclose in the Philosophers egg and cook in a steam bath until it congeals into a stone of transparent ruby colour. This, with 6 to 12 grains will cure all inner and outer diseases...'
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: when does salt float   when does salt float Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:21 am

No doubt about it that's another GW path albeit not a very clear one.
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: when does salt float   when does salt float Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:33 am

i am not sure. the way i see it is the GW path is more of the animal kingdom not vegetable, nor mineral.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: when does salt float   when does salt float Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:00 am

The part of the GW that you save is a compound of water soluble vital minerals. Although it comes from animals it is more mineral than any other kingdom.

Since all forms of life on the planet are dependent on minerals and water for survival this salt is extremely beneficial to all forms of life plant,animal,and mineral.

Technically fire is alive but it doesn't seem to be benefited by water or minerals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when does salt float   when does salt float Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when does salt float
Page 1 of 1