The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what effects is sunlight having to dew?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

what effects is sunlight having to dew? Empty
PostSubject: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Hello

Does someone know, if it matters whether I collect the dew before ore after the dawn.

Does sunlight change the status of the dew.

I ask it, because i want to collect dew from pine needles, and it seems to be difficult in the night, with my torch.

Thanks for all kind of answers

Sorry I was thinking, I was publishing in the Dew Collecting thread.....now it is in the Main thread.

Perhaps you can change that Nick? Thanks

Last edited by tih on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi tih,

you should collect the dew before sunrise.

Greetings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:26 pm

so i have also to collect the dew in a dark bottle? to cover the dew from sunlight?

or can i seal the bottle, and the energy of the moon is staying inside?

Thanks for the help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 pm

I think as soon as the dew is together with the salt in the sealed bottle you can do whatever you want because the spirit cannot escape. In any case you "kill" the dew by heating it. But I think its better to protect the dew from light unntil the bottle is finally sealed. Good luck !
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:39 am

Somewhere an alchemists mentioned that during the winter months people think they can't collect dew because it's frozen as frost, but if they just wait for the rays of the sun to hit it, then it melts back to dew. So it seems that sunlight might not harm it.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:01 am

thanks for your support

i try to collect it from plants early in the morning. perhaps this might work.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:21 am

What's also interesting is that for the method that uses the White stone to make rain water rise up to the full moon, first you place the bowl of rain water in the sun at noon for an hour, then it is charged and ready to be used that night with the White stone.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:05 am

that sounds impressive! Do you also use this method?

But i have no white stone (at he moment)

I'm looking forward to collect it the hard way. You know, my idea about this. The more intention we use in making the elixir, the more powerful it will be Smile
Well its just a Conjecture.

thanks for your tips
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:11 pm

SUMMARY

Dear Nick, I beg you pardon Rolling Eyes but I need more explanations about this.
If I understood correctly
- We can collect dew even in the light of the dawn
- or even when the sun is already shining on the ground or wathever where we are collecting dew
- and we don't need to protect the dew from sunlight

But the most important thing is
- dew temperature that shouldn't increase otherwise it molds. Right ?
- and - in this method - that the dew mustn't be collected otherwise than using the glass sheets.

Thank you _ and have a very good Opera in any sense.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:32 pm

My entire street is lined with baby pine trees, but I have seen no dew on them yet. And I live in a humid climate. I would try to hit that part of dawn when there is some light, but not intense light. Mostly, because the temperature would get too high.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Oh how I wish for a dehumidifier to collect a gallon of dew or more nightly.

My best guess is #1 temperature the actual active energetic part evaporates very easily. #2 there may be some sort of living microbe in the dew that can't withstand UV rays.
Back to top Go down
NEPTUNE

NEPTUNE

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:38 am

12-6am, all 3 days before full moon. Avoid Sun. ´Catch Diana before she awakes´. Month of May - Exalted moon in taurus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what effects is sunlight having to dew?   what effects is sunlight having to dew? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what effects is sunlight having to dew?
Page 1 of 1