The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zinc Acetate Path

Go down 
+6
Merc
alexbr
Pray
Edgarl
Kirk
bluefloor
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi all. I have started the zinc acetate path. Have some zinc dissolving in vinegar. I did a google search and found an e-how article that Nick wrote on this path that explains a little more about the multiplication than the pdf we have been passing around. Basically it says that instead of just using antimony it has to be the star regulus of antimony so I will have to read up on the antimony documents I now have.

In the old thread on this Nick also said that you must use natural vinegar and not just chemical acetic acid. It seems some of the alchemical process is done in the making of the vinegar itself.

I ordered a 2 lbs bar of zinc (very cheap) and my plan was to just file off filings to use. Way too slow. Now I will have to go back and order some powder zinc and wait for it to get here before I can really start.

Got permission from the landlord to work in the garage. Will post some pics when I get my new computer setup figured out.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Bluefloor,

Great to see you're starting a new project! very exciting especially as not many current members have attempted this, and no doubt will be closely watching. I think the concept of Alchemic Vinegar is a wise one. Once again it supports the natural world and the dead chemical concept.

Best of luck and when time is right, plse lay some pics on us!

cheers

PS I hope to get active again in the New Year
Back to top Go down
Edgarl

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-09-21

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 am

I just found that e-how article nick posted , i just love the simplicity of nicks description of the process...Another path to keep it mind for sure...wish you the best on this path Bluefloor..
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 pm

what's the URL?
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Here is the link to the alternative ehow. ehow zinc acetate
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi bluefloor very thanks for this article of Nik thanks
alexbr
Back to top Go down
Merc

Merc

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-08-10

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:17 am

Bluefloor—

Excited to see you get going with the acetates. Vinegar is the key to open the metals that the ancients used. If you read the descriptions of metals from someone like Ripley who explains the various amounts of our sulfur and mercury in them, many times they talk about what can be discovered with vinegar. Frater also talked about how vinegar was key to opening metals. Of course, vinegar is an organic acid and we want ours flowing with life.

The absolute best is to use cleaned charged rain/dew and putrefy the ore to make its own vinegar. It’s also the hardest to do. The second best is to use organic wine and make your own. 3rd is store bought food grade or even technical grade… Don’t buy the store red wine vinegar as most simply have a “wine extract” squirt in dilute acetic and never used grapes. While you are waiting to brew the live stuff, you can use the other stuff.

Frater and his students had done a number of experiments in the vegetable kingdom and the stones and the results obtained. They found that if they used only water and self-fermentation to get their mercury & sulfur (alcohol & oils) from the plant material, their stone would work perfectly in separating the 3 essentials, exactly as expected like in a circulatum minus. When they used mercury from another plant (any purified alcohol), to extract the sulfur and make their stone, they found it would have some issues in its efficacy. But either way they still made it.

You can read more about that (if interested) in the “Israel Regardie & The Philosopher’s Stone” which is a book about Homunculus, not the stone, even though they do mention some things like the starting material. It is a fascinating “behind the scenes” look at fratur as well as these mind blowing experiments. After about 34 failed attempts, he finally created some life. Repeated it and then was ready to attempt “homunculus”…It is really fascinating for any seeker of truth. Lisiewski, as author, was a real super smart genius academic type with a deep interest in alchemy. One of “fraters’ boys” who he used to carry out what he wouldn’t. You can still find his papers about the experiments.

You do have some good glassware? The distillates will dissolve most metal and plastic, so you really want glass to keep things clean and pure.

Check these pics from last night…I was drying out some copper acetate crystals for some radical vinegar and pushed the heat too much….All the colors of the rainbow!

Zinc Acetate Path 2012-112Zinc Acetate Path 2012-113Zinc Acetate Path 2012-114Zinc Acetate Path 2012-115
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Merc,

Yeah those colors with the copper are nutso.

Yes, I just bought a 26" straight tube (leibig) condensor for $50 on amazon. Inner diameter is about 1/2", which is ok, best I could afford right now. Straight tube so it is easy to clean out salts Wink And some flasks.. and some pure zinc powder, and a 1lb chunk of high purity antimony, beautiful shining crytals from when it cooled. Will have picture ability soon.. king

So I have a few questions..

I have noted those references and perhaps will look when the time is right.
For now could you say a little something about the basics of fermenting a metal? How is that usually done?

And 2nd, you talked about plants.. just curious if you agree with Nick that "the stone" is always made from a metal in the end?

Also, I am not familiar much with the oils of metals. I have alot of study to do there. (No input needed there just FYI) It does seem there are many secondary or 3rd, 4th etc medicines from alchemy. Anyway my main thrust has been that from Nick we have simple instructions from Nick about how to make The Stone, capitol letters.. from a few different processes.. so lets do it and just see what it is and experience it cheers then peacfully explore deeper if we wish. This acetate path (other acetates also work) seems great..

Speaking of Nick's paths that he gave us, there are a few others I/we don't have yet. He did speak of a pdf for a dry antimony path that was going to be given in coded language (maybe a little to deep for me but still nice to have) and also perhaps there is a vitriol path out there, not sure. If anyone has these and could share links with the forum, that would be great! These are things that were spoken of on his flash website, I love that website, music too.

Since I reworked my computer I have lost my favorites tab, and lost the link to that website. Can anyone provide the url, then I can find it on archive.com?
Back to top Go down
Merc

Merc

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-08-10

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 am

The fermenting of metals is not easy to do…this is why alchemists called them “dead” because you could not really ferment them. You can roast and dissolve them which is better than only dissolving them but they don't really ferment. This is not so true with their ores (natural mineral crystals) and this is the key. So, it is important for the ultimate “all from one” stone and the best for pulling out the unadulterated Sulfur (red oil) as Mercury attracts and congeals its Sulfur. 1st crush ore to at least 200 mesh. Roast out all the sulfur, arsenic etc. by turning up the heat slowly to about 250C. If you go slow enough, you will get rid of the bad and drive the good inside. If possible, time it so the cooling dry ore absorbs the nightly dew, then add distilled rainwater and seal in a flask/jar until you see bubbles. This is the best Philosophical Vinegar with which to start the work on metals.

We are talking about fermenting our first matter to make our Vinegar, not the late fermentation stage with gold and the stone, in the wet way. Just to be clear, that is a different fermentation stage, late in the confection. Wine vinegar is a good alternative, if it has been fermented and made strong through freezing. Our vinegar must be made through fermentation.

Some say, ”use the fixed Mercury of one kingdom, to work the next”. If you are using straight metal, then it is important to use good fermented vinegar, remember this is fixed Mercury (spirit) of the plant kingdom not just acetic acid, and we need life in it so it can animate. The chemicals are useful as “containers” (some better than others) and hence why a chemical is a subset of an alchemical description of a medicine or substance. We work with consciousness and life, chemistry has no concept of life.

The chemicals will analyze the same but one will have a power and potency and the other does not. In chemistry, it makes no difference, looking only at the electron layer. Alchemical medicine contains molecular vibration and larger conscious coherent fields originating from the nuclear bundle where the true power is. The strong force is more powerful than any of the other 3 fundamental forces as defined today.

“The Stone” is from the metallic kingdom. The Red Stone is nothing other than gold turned inside out. It is its Sulfur (oil, soul) that is coagulated with our Mercury (water, spirit) into a stone. Now this is confusing because of the fractal nature of this substance…within our Mercury is our Mercury’s Mercury (Luna), our Mercury’s Sulfur (Sol) and our Mercury’s Salt (Incorruptible Body). Sol is also called red Mercury. When these turn into volatile oils through purification, they are called quintessence and have the power to multiply. The incorruptible bodies are also called the universal white and red Sulfurs of nature which some also refer to as stones even before they have been fermented with gold/silver. Even so, these Sulfur bodies did again originate from within the mineral earth and metallic kingdom. So we go back to the many names with one meaning and one name with many meanings…"just like the stuff" because it is all made from one thing and the one thing has many forms...Also “just to make sure” the unworthy could not figure it out without divine inspiration or guidance.

Alchemists have many processes: spagyric, ens, majesties, stones, circulations which are applied to the 3 kingdoms (Weiser Concise Guide is a great reference for this, even though he is more a plant guy). A stone is nothing other than coagulated Sulfur with Mercury, permanent and fixed. You can make a stone from the plant kingdom using its Mercury and its Sulfur but it is limited to the plant kingdom and it cannot transmute or work on metals. It is not the Philosophers’ Stone which is made from gold. So, there is a plant stone that can be made with special properties for that kingdom but it is not “The Stone” that we talk about. I hope that is clear because it has been twisted around a bit. No radioactive fruit or dates either! geez

See this link for the real process of a plant stone which is a model for the Great Work:

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/reid2-9a.html

He did a good job documenting the entire thing and I was really happy to see it because for so long he has thought alchemy was more of just a spiritual thing and not a natural experimental science.

If you liked the link, the full PDF is a better read “start to finish” and goes through his discoveries from the beginning.

Last edited by Merc on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
E-thor

E-thor

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks Merc_ i always enjoy reading your posts--thanks for taking the time to type them up. Suppose you have the red oil of gold, aurum potable! What then? My impression is that this is the stone of the first order. Do you dry that oil to a powder for a stone of the first order? How do you multiply it in quality? Add more gold and put back into a fire? How do yo u multiply it in quantity? These are questions I'm still wrangling with. I have my theories but thought I would see what you said.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks Merc. I am starting to get a very important picture. I will pour over this post for a while and I am back to work, and comment later.
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Merc wrote:
Bluefloor—

Excited to see you get going with the acetates. Vinegar is the key to open the metals that the ancients used. If you read the descriptions of metals from someone like Ripley who explains the various amounts of our sulfur and mercury in them, many times they talk about what can be discovered with vinegar. Frater also talked about how vinegar was key to opening metals. Of course, vinegar is an organic acid and we want ours flowing with life.

The absolute best is to use cleaned charged rain/dew and putrefy the ore to make its own vinegar. It’s also the hardest to do. The second best is to use organic wine and make your own. 3rd is store bought food grade or even technical grade…

You realize that Ripley and others call it our Vinegar? They call it also philosophic Spirit of Wine and they use other names as well. Artephius described his Vinegar like this:

Take, saith he, crude leaf gold, or calcined with mercury, and put it into our vinegre, made of saturnine antimony, mercurial, and sal ammoniac, in a broad glass vessel, and four inches high or more; put it into a gentle heat, and in a short time you will see elevated a liquor.

It seems he made his Vinegar from Antimony, corrosive sublimate and ammonium chloride. Rubaphilos wasted 20+ years on Lead acetate and he still works with it!

Last edited by T.P. on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi every body

on the basis of very interesting said TP very interesting on Artephius, secret fire alkaest I think it is very interesting also this link on a written glaube intilolato THE SECRET FIRE OF PHILOSOPHERS (as all can read and see ) in this text glauber speak about this subjet very clear
http://celestial-alchemy.com/education/archive-of-alchemical-texts/glauber/the-secret-fire/
report here the full text of glauber THE SECRET FIRE OF PHILOSOPHERS

I'll put also this text of glauber on the thread secret fire, green lion spiritus wini philosophici and solvent u.together with important information and instructions and clarifications on secet fire and spiritus Ph wines etc.actually imported all these are taken from various pdf passed by Nik (pdf past and are happy to put (I can just attach) available to help actively to reconstruct the entire work of nik as proposed bluefloor

my best regards alexbr

::::::::::::::::::::::::originale italiano;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Salve a tutti

sulla base di quello che ha detto di estremo interesse su ARTEPHIUS fuoco segreto alkaest T P ritengo sia molto interessante anche questo link su uno scritto di glauber intilolato THE SECRET FIRE OF PHILOSOPHERS
(come tutti possono leggere e vedere) in questo testo Glauber parla di questo Soggetto in modo molto chiaro
http://celestial-alchemy.com/education/archive-of-alchemical-texts/glauber/the-secret-fire/
riporto qui integralmente il testo di glaber THE SECRET FIRE OF PHILOSOPHERS

mettero anche qusto articolo anche sul thread secret fire. green lion. spiritus wini philosophici. and solvent u. unitamente con le importantissime indicazioni e istruzioni e puntualizzazioni su secet fire e spiritus vini Ph etc
veramente importati tutte tratte de vari pdf passati di nik ( pdf passati che sono felicissimo di mettere (appena riesco ad allegarli ) a disposizione per contribuire fattivamente a ricomporre tutta l'opera di nik come ha proposto bluefloor

my best regards alexbr

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

THE SECRET FIRE OF PHILOSOPHERS

By which, They not only brought to Maturity their Universal Medicine, but also fixed particularly all the inferiour Metals, into good Gold and Silver, with great Profit. Written for the Sakes of all the Lovers of Divine and Natural Wisdom. Faithfully Translated out of the High-Dutch.

Reader,
Seeing that in several of my Writings, I have made mention of the secret Fire of ARTEPHIUS, which PONTANUS very well called PROPRIUM AGENS, for no better name can be given it. I thought it convenient to publish this small Explication of it, that it may be known to those, who have not yet heard of it, not doubting, but by this discovery a great Light will be opened to all the Lovers of METALLICK improvements: For almost all Philosophers, in their Writings, are dark concerning this; and yet without this, no great Matter is to be effected in CHYMISTRY: Which daily Experience sufficiently testifies. Therefore I am resolved briefly to explain, yet fundamentally and plainly, by Gods help, this thing which hath been so long hid from the World.

Of the Secret Fire of Philosophers,
by which they have maturated their Tinctures.

First you must know, that no Philosopher hath made any mention of it, but hath passed it over in silence, only that Ancient Philosopher ARTEPHIUS hath taken some notice of it, but so obscurely, that very few of his Readers, have been able to learn any thing from him. He saith, that himself, like others, had been covetous and envious, so as to write nothing of it; but after he was nine hundred years old, he first began to write of it. N. B. It is not credible, that he should have lived to that Age, but perhaps some Body hath added a Cipher to it. ‘Tis like he was ninety years of Age, for the Ancients have often mistaken an hundred for ten. But be it as it will, he was the first, that said any thing of this Fire. PONTANUS writes in his Epistle, that although he knew the true Matter, yet he erred two hundred times, and should never have obtained it, if he had not learned the secret from his Writings. The reason of hiding this Secret so long, hath been only the wickedness of Men, who seek not after these great things, that they might honour God, and succour the Poor, but rather, that by great Riches they might be able to enslave their Neighbours. But when such Men, who have forsaken the Vanities of the World, seek after them, God puts it into their hands, so that striving nor running in this helps nothing, but only Gods blessing. Observe this well, and thou wilt not err. If our eyes and hearts were not blinded by the Pride of the Devil, we should easily see and know, what Fire nature useth in the Earth, to bring Metals to Maturity: By which we might easily learn, what Agent the Artist wants to maturate and bring to perfection all imperfect Metals into Gold and Silver, as good as if Nature had done it in the Earth. Now when we open our eyes and look about us, we find nothing else, but an ACIDUM or Universal Agent, that is, the Sulphureous Salt of VITRIOL, by which all Metals in the Earth are generated, so that some, by a long time are fixed, and some by a less time, partly remain unfixed, according as the Ores contain more or less of this Agent. And if by a strong Fire, one should melt this Metal out of the Ore, the greatest part of the ACIDUM, together with the Rocky part would come into a Cinder or Slate, but in the Metal, although it be melted and hammared, there yet remains some of the Agent, which the Fire, in the first melting, could not separate from it, especially when the Metals are yet crude; as if the Agent should say, I will not be separated from my Patient, for he cannot yet subsist without me, and also saith the Patient, I cannot yet suffer my Husband, or Agent to be separated from me, for we have not been long enough together. But when the melting Fire comes to it again, then no excuse will serve, but the stronger overcomes the weaker, and the Agent and Patient must part by force. Now what in this violent Separation, the one can carry away with it of the other, it leaves not behind, as we see when the Ore of Iron is melted, that the violent Fire, forceth away the Agent from the Patient, and converts it into Cinders, but yet these are not purely Cinders, for they have attracted a great quantity of the MERCURIAL Patient, viz. Iron, which is not turned into Cinders, for if they be melted again, you will have a good quantity of Iron out of the Cinders, and this may be done for several times. If the Agent and Patient had not a great Agreement, they would certainly have been more nearly parted in the first melting, and there would be no need of a Second or Third Fire, and if the Agent should be separated from its Patient, by the force of Fire against its Will, yet it cannot be exactly and wholly separated, but the Patient as the Female MERCURY, doth its endeavour to retain as much as it can of its Agent, or dear Sulphureous Husband with it self, as we have sufficiently seen, that no melted Iron is found without its Agent or ACIDUM. Which appears, if upon a Plate of Iron, your pour a little Water, it presently Rusts, which could not be, if there were no ACIDUM in the Iron; for the ACID adhering so close to the Patient, the melting could not force it away. Now when Rain-water falls upon it, the ACIDUM out of Love attracts it to it self, and works to its utmost Power, upon the Patient, so that it becomes Rusty.
Which doth not so happen to such Metals, as are already brought to sufficient Maturity, and therefore have no more need of the Agent, as Gold and Silver, for after they are melted, they do not Rust by Wet, for their PROPRIAM AGENS, or VITRIOLICK SALT, has done its Office, bringing its Patient to Maturity, and therefore is easily separated from its Patient in melting. Copper also, in melting, still retains somewhat of its Agent, and therefore easily Rusts, yet not so easily as the Iron, because it retains not so much of the ACID in melting, as Iron doth. Lead and Tin retain less of it, than Copper and Iron, and therefore do not easily attract the moist Air and Rain, but only lose their Splendour by it. Gold and Silver retain but a very little of it, and therefore they cannot easily Rust, but being moistened with strong Corrosives, lose their glorious Luster: MERCURY retaineth all its PROPRIUM AGENS, having lost nothing of it. It is also to be observed, that although SULPHUR (which contains in it self a pure vitriolated ACID SALT) be an Universal Agent, by which Nature in the Earth generates and maturates all the Metals, yet notwithstanding every Metal hath besides SULPHUR, a particular PROPRIUM AGENS which assists the Universal Agent in its Action. Gold hath, besides the Universal Agent, somewhat of common SALT. Silver and SATURN have besides the SULPHUR, and VITRIOLICK SALT, somewhat of SALTPETRE. MERCURY hath properly for its Agent, a subtil, fiery and concentrated Spirit of SALTPETRE, which keeps him always fluid and current. And this is the reason, that Salts or Spirit of SALTS, ( as Spirit of VITRIOL, common SALT, SALTPETRE, & etc.) do more easily dissolve such Metals as participate of their own Salts; for example, Silver, SATURN and MERCURY participate (besides VITRIOL) of a nitrous Salt, and therefore Spirit of NITRE doth easily work upon those three Metals, and dissolve them: For because these three Metals have a nitrous Salt in them, which opens the Gates to it, and lets it in, for the Friend within corresponds with him which is without, as for Example: If an Enemy set down before a Town to take it, and hath good Friends within, that opens for him the Gates, he may easily enter, but if his Enemies that are within defend themselves, and resist him, he can do nothing, but must march off without it. Seeing than an AQUA FORTIS made of VITRIOL and SALTPETRE, doth readily touch and dissolve only Silver, SATURN and MERCURY, it comes to pass from their near Relation; but the reason why they touch not Gold, is, because it hath no affinity with them, for Gold hath no Spirit of NITRE, but of common Salt in it, but if you put a little common Salt to the Spirit of NITRE, it then easily dissolves Gold, becomes to be of another Nature, and then will not dissolve Silver, but Copper, Iron and Tin, because these Metals contain much spiritual Gold, and therefore are easily dissolved by this Spirit of Salt. Now because I have here shewn the reason, why an AQUA FORTIS made of VITRIOL and SALTPETRE, dissolves only Silver, Lead, and MERCURY, and not Gold, and when common Salt is added to it, that it dissolves Gold, and not Silver, it is for the same reason, that Salts dissolved in Water, and impregnated with the Universal ACID or Oil of VITRIOL, will as well dissolve the Metals, which are boiled in them, as their Spirits will. For Example: Suppose I had no AQUA FORTIS, and yet would dissolve Silver; I could do it as well by dissolving SALTPETRE in common Water, acuated with the true Oil of VITRIOL, but yet not easily as AQUA FORTIS, and if you should add a little common Salt to it, it would not touch Silver, but dissolve Gold. And suppose, I had no Oil of VITRIOL, and yet would dissolve Gold, I might do it by dissolving SALTPETRE and common Salt with Allom in Water; yet not so well as by AQUA REGIS. This is not said to that end, that I would advise you to dissolve Metals by Salts and Oil of VITRIOL, (for the distilled Waters are better than the undistilled Corporeal Salts,) but that you may the better understand and comprehend with what Salt each Metal hath an Agreement to unite easily, that you may the better learn to know the PREPRIAM AGENS of each Metal, for if you will do any excellent thing, in the Metals by their PROPRIUM AGENS, you must first know them well, by which you will know, what every Metal Loves, and how it will be treated: Now we cannot learn this better, than when we consider, what Spirit, or Natural Agent was driven from the Metal by the melting Fire, which if it had remained longer in it, in the Earth, the Metal would have been maturated by it. We find, that in all Ores of Silver, Lead and MERCURY, is found a nitrous SALT, which is droven from it by the strong Fire, now if such a Metal being immature, and not only taken too soon out of its Matrix, but also by the melting Fire deprived of its Fecundative Spirit, is to be made to grow again to be meliorated, you must of necessity restore that to it, which the Fire hath taken away. Now because from Lead there is taken away a nitrous Spirit, besides common SULPHUR, you must restore a nitrous SALT for its Agent. And because from MARS and VENUS, a VITRIOLICK SULPHUR was taken away, that must be restored to them again. And because from JUPITER, in melting, an Arsenical SULPHUR and Spirit was taken away, you must restore it again to the dead Body, to revive it, and to make it grow. If from Gold its Sulphureous Salt be taken away by melting, which the Gold easily lets go for the reason already alledged, and yet you would maturate this Gold farther, and make it yet better than Nature hath done, you must put it into its Matrix again, uniting it with the Sulphureous Spirit of Salt, and so let it generate or grow afresh, and you will receive more than Nature hath given: For Nature can give no more, but a perfect Body, which if you will have yet more perfect, you must put it again into its Matrix, with its natural Agent, and by the help of external Fire, awaken or excite the inward natural Fire, that its Body may be maturated into a more than perfect Tincture. For Nature can give no more than perfect Bodies, viz. Silver and Gold: But if Art begins again where Nature left, it can make the perfect Bodies more than perfect, with this more than perfect Tincture, you may in a moment bring to perfection the imperfect Metals, if you put it to them in melting: To which perfection, a great many years would have been required, before their PROPRIUM AGENS could have brought them. For if you would maturate the imperfect Metals into Gold and Silver, by their proper Agents, it would require a long time, but yet it might be done with very great profit, for no other costs are required, but outward Fire, to keep the inward Secret Fire in continual Action; and this work of maturating the inferiour Metals may be done in as great a quantity as you please, which makes the profit so much the greater, and this fixation requires no great Cost, for MARS, VENUS, JUPITER and SATURN cost but little, and the Agent may also easily be had, so that all the Expence is only the Fire, which yet will not be very chargeable neither, so that this Fixation may every year bring in great profit to him that well understands it. If I was younger 1 should not forbear to go about this particular Melioration of Metals in the whole, to do good with it to many thousand poor People, but my time is now past. God hath been pleased not to shew me this light till within this three years, in which I have lien in Bed, and so I can expect no great benefit by it, as having no Children who are fit to carry it on. But because I can do nothing more my self, I commit it to others, to whom I have already given a good insight; but to discover it more clearly and indiscriminately to the good and bad, being restrained by several Reasons I dare not do it. Now it yet remains to give a hint, how the perfect Metals, as Gold and Silver, must be ripened into a more than perfect Tincture, to make the imperfect Metals perfect by Projection.

Now here followeth a Fundamental Process, without any Legerdemain, how to bring Gold and Silver into a Tincture.
Rx. Of Gold I oz., of Silver 3 oz., dissolve the Gold in AQUA REGIS, and the Silver in AQUA FORTIS, pour these two Solutions together, and the Silver will attract the Gold, and they will both precipitate into a gray Powder, but if for want of Salt they should not easily precipitate, pour into them some Salt Water, for the Silver will not fall except there be Salt enough. When nothing more will precipitate, it is a sign that these two Bodies, like Husband and Wife, have embraced each other, and are united; then set the Glass in which they are in Sand, that the Liquor may boil, and those two Bodies will be the better united; stir it often, and let it stand so warm for 24 hours, then let it cool, and these two Bodies will grow up together like Herbs or Flowers, filter the Liquor from the Calx, and sweeten the Calx with Common Water, dry it and powder it well, then it is ready to be fixed into a Tincture with the PROPRIUM AGENS or Secret Fire. Now concerning the proper Agent of Gold and Silver, I say that it is a Mercurial Antimonial Water, which also ARTIPHIUS Confesseth; To obtain which, proceed thus: First put the Conjunction of Gold and Silver into a clean Crucible, which put into a Coal Fire, so that the Gold and Silver may become warm in the Crucible, and yet not be red-hot nor melt, and the sharp Spirits which remained after Edulcoration will pass away in Smoke; when it Smokes no longer, take it out of the Fire and let it cool, and weigh the Gold and Silver; and so you will perceive how much heavier they are than they were before, for so much have they taken from the Spirits of the Salts, which dried Salt Spirits must prepare the ANTIMONY, our Secret Fire, or PROPRIUM AGENS to fix the Gold and Silver into a Tincture. For Example: We have dissolved and precipitated I oz. of Gold, and 3 oz. of Silver, and after the exsiccation of the Calx, it weighs 6 oz., and so 2 oz. of the Spirits of the Salts are Coagulated with them, and make them Increase. For this you must know, that Silver hath this Nature and property, if it be dissolved in AQUA FORTIS, and precipitated with Salt it attracts much Spirit from the the AQUA FORTIS and Salt, which Water cannot wash from it; but Gold attracts not so much as Silver, for the Gold attracts NITRE, and the Silver Common Salt. I could easily shew the reason of this, but that would be too tedious. SATURN attracts more Common Salt than Silver, and these Spirits of Salts are also a PROPRIUM AGENS to MARS and SATURN, as they are to Silver and Gold,. and work upon SATURN and MARS, altogether in the same manner as on Gold and Silver, the only difference is, that the Tincture of SATURN and MARS is not of that extent as that of Gold and Silver, although both of them in this work have one and the same Agent: Now this Agent which is Spirits of Salts Coagulated, as well in Gold and Silver, as in SATURN and MARS, must first be brought into a Mercurial Water, before they can rightly act upon Metallick Bodies, by penetrating, maturating and meliorating them; to bring them to which, you must proceed thus: If the four Ounces of Gold and Silver have Coagulated two Ounces of Spirits of Salts, you must add to it two Ounces of very clean and well pulverised REGULUS OF ANTIMONY, grind them very well together, put this Mixture into a Coated RETORT, and distil the Mercurial, Antimonial Water, which will also carry over with it the ANIMA of the Gold and Silver, in form of Butter of Antimony, yet of a high colour, for the Anima of Gold is highly exalted by the ANTIMONY, or Mineral ARIES. This red Solar Butter is the Secret Fire of ARTEPHIUS, or the PROPRIUM AGENS of PONTANUS, to bring the Gold and Silver into a Fixed Tincture, which ARTEPHIUS hath used for Gold and Silver, but PONTANUS (as appears by his Epistle) did not make his Tincture out of Gold, but out of MARS, for he calls God to Witness, that the matter of his Stone, out of which he prepared his Tincture, contained many Terrestreities and Superfluities, which he did not separate from it, and yet the PROPRIUM AGENS, together with what was good in it, viz. Iron, came to be a Tincture. Out of this sufficiently appears, that he did prepare an impure Metal, as MARS, into a Tincture.
And this is very credible, for such a fiery Agent which I have taught here to prepare, is as well a true Tincture it self, as the ANIMA of SOL and LUNA, and that so high that it is sufficiently powerful to penetrate, meliorate, and transmute hard, gross and impure Metals and Bodies, by its tender, clean, Golden, Mercurial Power, and to reduce them into Tinctures. N. B. I would have none to doubt, but that such a clean, fiery, and Golden Agent, when it is used for the exalting and meliorating of clean Gold and Silver, will give a much higher Tincture than with gross and unclean Metals; for if Gold is inwardly so exalted and meliorated by this Antimonial Mercurial Water, it must needs give a far more extensive Tincture. Now how this our Mercurial, Antimonial, Saturnine Water, is to be applied to fine Gold and Silver, to exalt their Colours, and transmute them into Tincture, I shall here shew to the best of my knowledge, and it is thus. The two Ounces of Spirit of SALTS, which were coagulated by the four Ounces of Gold and Silver, and by the addition of two Ounces of REGULUS OF ANTIMONY, did again leave the Gold and Silver, by working upon and dissolving the ANTIMONY, and did in the distillation carry over the most pure and tender MERCURY of ANTIMONY, together with the Tincture of Gold, in form of a Red Butter, for ANTIMONY is of this nature, that it draws the colour out of Gold, and carries it up with it self in Distillation, which the Ancients called carrying the Souls of the Dead out of Hell. This Red Butter impregnated with the AMIMA of Gold, ARTEPHIUS called his Secret Fire, and is the PROPRIUM AGENS of PONTANUS, which doth not only maturate Gold and Silver into perfect Tinctures, but also MARS and SATURN, in their whole substance, without separating the pure from the impure. From the remaining Gold and Silver you must wash your REGULUS OF ANTIMONY by the help of Salt Petre, then separate your Gold and Silver by AQUA FORTIS, and you will have no loss but only of the Tincture of Gold, which the Oil of ANTIMONY hath carried over with it. NEUSETMENTIUS calls this his Solar Red Oil or Butter of ANTIMONY, but I call it my Mercurial Antimonial Auritick Water, which name doth properly belong to it, which I thus prove. Take of this distilled Golden Mercurial Water, of Leaves of Gold and Silver, each equil parts, put them together in a fixing Glass, and set it in a Sand Cupel, which is heated equilly by a dull HARRY, and kept in the same degree of Fire, and the Mercurial Water will dissolve the Gold and Silver, and they will turn together into a Stone. The Spirits of Salts after they have dissolved the Gold and Silver, together with the Mercury of ANTIMONY, will separate themselves by degrees from the MERCURY, because they are not of the same matter, therefore they cannot become a Tincture with the Gold, Silver, and MERCURY, which PONTANUS very well hints. This separation of the Salt Spirit from the Tincture requires its time, and will not be hastened. N. B. But if you know how to separate the superfluity of the Spirit of Salt from the Golden Butter, by a subtile Art, and then dissolve your Gold and Silver in it, you will gain a great deal of time in your fixation, for the superfluous moisture very much hinders, which the Ancients have hinted under the Fable, as the Learned BRACESEUS sufficiently admonsiheth in his Treatise DE LIGNO VITAE. This Salt Water is called by the Poets MINERVA, concerning this you may read the Philosophers, and chiefly BRACESEUS, what he saith MINERVA was, and you will find which way it must be separated from the Tincture. N. B. Be not in doubt, because BRACESEUS teacheth how to prepare his Tincture, not of Gold and Silver, but of MARS, for it may as well be made of MARS, only that is not so extensive as the Tincture made of Gold, otherwise the labour is the same, and differs not at all. I repeat this once more, that if you will shorten your labour, you must send away MINERVA in peace, because she hinders the fixation. Some perhaps may wonder, what the Silver can contribute to this Tincture, because it is white, and hath no colour: I answer, that the inward parts of Silver are not white but red, and therefore may become a Tincture. After the same manner SATURN is not red outwardly, and yet with MARS becomes a red Tincture, as Silver doth with Gold. This I thought fit to say here concerning the Secret Fire of ARTEPHIUS: If you will know more of it read ARTEPHIUS, PONTANUS, PARACELSUS, BRACESEUS, NEUSEMENTIUS, COSMOPOLITA, and others, who have made mention of it, and you will there find larger Instructions.
Now as it is possible to transmute not only Gold and Silver, but also the other inferiour Metals into Tinctures, by the PROPRIUM AGENS of Metals, so you may also fix into Gold and Silver, the inferiour Metals particularly, with an incredible profit, for the inferiour Metals may be put in in great quantity, with a cheap Agent, and so be maturated into Gold and Silver, which hitherto hath been known to very few in the World, but I do not doubt but hereafter it will be better known, by which many honest Men will be delivered from Slavery. For as you have already heard, the PROPRIUM AGENS of the inferiour Metals is cheap, so that the imperfect Metals may be with small costs, by the addition of their Natural PROPRIUM AGENS, which was driven away in their melting, by the help of External Fire, maturated into the perfection of Gold and Silver. N. B. If you can have Metals yet in their Ore, that have not been in the Fire, and add to each of them their PROPRIUM AGENS, and put them in close Vessels into a strong fixing Furnace, and maturate them with a requisite heat, then the fixation will the sooner be done, than with those Metals which have been already melted; yet those Ores must be well washed and separated from their Mine-Earth, before you put them with their PROPRIUM AGENS to be fixed. N. B, This fixation of the unripe Metals into Silver and Gold, as also of Gold and Silver into Tincture, by their PROPRIUM AGENS, may also be done by the humid way, if you dissolve your Metals in their proper Menstruums, and then digest them for a sufficient time. N. B. For such a moist digestion or fixation Vegetables are more fit than Minerals, and Animals fitter than both, yet all of them be made use of to fix both the common, and Metallick MERCURIES, as well universally into Tinctures, as particularly into Gold and Silver. But for the course Metals and their Ores, the universal Agent, viz. SULPHUR, ARSENICK, with their Compeers, as Cobolt and Orpiment are the fittest. Gold and Silver have also their peculiar Agents, by which they are maturated into Tinctures, of which the Animal Agent is found to be the best, for it is of this nature, that it turns the inward hidden colours of Gold and Silver outwards, and renders them visible, which no other universal subject can do like it. For if you cannot bring outwards the inward colour of Gold and Silver, it is impossible to make Tinctures of them. For Gold and Silver, as nature hath produced them in the Earth, have no abounding colour to tinge other Metals withall, but no more than is required for their own perfection; but when they are exalted in their Colours by Art, they are able plentifully to communicate their Colours to other Metals, but else not. Now what kind of Animal Agent this is, by which the Exaltation of Colours may be made, I dare not make common; he that will know more of it, must enquire of ADAM, who brought such an Essence with him out of Paradise. You may also read my FIFTH CENTURY TOGETHER WITH THE EXPLICATION, where this Subject is treated of. Now as the PROPRIUM AGENS of the Metals, which is their Spirits, viz. SULPHUR, ARSENICK, COBOLT, ORPIMENT, and the like Metallick Spirits, are fixed with the Metalline Bodies, and with them become fixed Metals, because they are half Metals already, so on the contrary, Salts which also are good Agents to Maturate Metals, yet become not Metals themselves, as SULPHUR, ARSENICK, ANTIMONY, ORPIMENT, COBOLT, ZINK, BISMUTH, LAPIS CALAMINARIS, and other Realgars or Metallick Spirits; for Salts do not participate of a Metallick Nature; therefore they cannot become Metals; but when they touch, dissolve, volatilise, and again fix Metals, it is only done by their Acidity, which is a kind of that Acidity which is naturally in Metals, and this is to be understood of Common Mineral Salts, as Common Salt, SaltGem, Salnitre, Allome, Vitriol, and the like, which naturally grow in the Earth, in Stones, in Rivers, and also out of the Earth, which are dug out by Men and purified, and so imployed for several uses: These Salts have a great affinity with the Metals, but cannot become Metals, But the Vegetable and Animal Salts are of another nature and property, they associate themselves with Metals, because they somewhat participate, though but little, of the Metallick nature. The Animal Salts are principally Volatile, and make a good SAL ARMONIACK, which hath a great affinity with the Metals, as I have in my Writings sufficiently shewn. The Salts of Vegetables are altered in the Fire, and become fixt Alcalies, which are also of good use to Metals, as you may see in my Writings. But the Volatile Salt of Animals far exceed all other Salts, in its virtue; for it makes not only all Metals, how fixed soever they are, wholly volatile,and separates the cleanest Tincture of Metals, Minerals, Precious and ignoble Stones, that is, it separates their immortal Anima from their gross and unprofitable Bodies, with which you may perform incredible things, both in Physick and Alchemy: But this wonderful Salt also makes the most subtile, as well good as bad Spirits, incredible, quick, surmounting Human Understanding, visible, tangible, Corporeal and fixt, which concentrated and fixed Spirits, have ingress and egress through Doors lockt up, by which strange and incredible things may be done. So great a power hath the Almighty bestowed upon the Animal (chiefly the Microcosmical Salt) above all other Salts, which is known to few. For the Microcosmical Salt, and for want of that, the Volatile Salt of other Animals, Birds, Fishes, as also of Herbs and Woods have power to volatilise all fixed things, and again to fix the volatile. In which volatilising, the purer parts are separated from the grosser, the which being fix again, you have a Tincture, and there is no nearer, easier, or cheaper way in the World to attain to true Metallick Tinctures, than by the means of Volatilising Salts. Take a similitude from the Spirit of Corn or Wine, so long as it is yet in the FACES of the Corn or Wine, it is little esteemed, but when it is driven out by Distillation, and cleansed by Rectification, and so exalted in its Virtue, then it is Esteemed, because much good may be done with it. So and no otherwise you must esteem of Metals, in which such rare Tinctures are hidden, which then are not esteemed, because few know what great things may be effected by them. The like great treasures are also hidden in great quanitities, which by the Ignorant are not esteemed or sought after, notwithstanding that the Ancient Philosophers have highly recommended to us the Extractions, Distillations and Separations of the noblest Tinctures to be drawn out of gross despised Metals and Stones, yet their profitable Doctrines and Admonitions have taken with very few.
BASIL VALENTINE confesseth in his Manuals, that the Work of the Philosophers can be compared to nothing better than to the known labour of making Spirit of Wine, which preparation is known even to Rusticks. The distillation and separation of the Tincture of Philosophers is as easie as to make Brandy, and yet it is done but by very few.
PARACELSUS in his COLEUM PHILOSOPHORUM, speaking of the Spirits of Metals, saith plainly, that it is so easie to make Gold and Silver, that it is not worth while to write of it. VIRGIL also sheweth, how easie a thing it is to pluck the Golden Branches from the Opake Tree of VITRIOL, and how easily they will follow one another, if you but hold forth your Hand, and when you have cropt one, he bids you also take a second. What could be said plainer? But yet I tell you, that these Golden Branches are much more easily, and in greater quantity to be obtained out of the Red Earth or Stones, than out of Metals; but he that will not believe it, may remain in the dark. It is enough for me, that I have plainly declared the truth to the ungrateful World, without any reservation. But our SAL ARMONIACK (I do not mean the Common) is a good PROSERPINA, which easily carries over the Tincture of Stones and Minerals. And he that will pluck these Golden Apple bearing Branches with profit, must very well consider after what manner to prepare his PROSERPINA, that she may touch and carry over only the cleanest Tinctures, and leave the gross Bodies behind. The Artist must also be sufficiently experienced, how to separate PROSERPINA or MINERVA from the Extracted Tincture, for MINERVA is a hinderance to the fixation of the Tincture. And this is the principal secret in this Mystery. For all Tinctures of Metals and Stones, after they are separated from their gross Bodies, by our PROSERPINA, they are volatile, and so remain till they are separated from our PROSERPINA. Although PROSERPINA is a two-fold Key, which both opens and shuts, makes volatile and fixed, yet this is to be observed, that there are but very few who know how to use this Volatilising and fixing Salt; and therefore I advise to separate it from your Tincture, and then fix your Tincture. But if God shall so favour you, as to shew you how to fix this PROSERPINA, or, to speak plainer, our secret SAL ARMONIACK, with this Tincture which it hath drawn out of Metals and Stones, both together without any separation into a fusile, red, penetrating, and tinging Stone, then you may for that bless God all your life, for you may have always plenty, without any want, for there is no richer particular, nor universal Tincture in the World.
For what can be a greater Art than by the help of our SAL ARMONIACK, in a few hours, to draw a pure Tincture out of gross Metals and Stones, to bring it over by Distillation, to purifie it to the highest by Rectifications, and then again to render those Volatile Tinctures in a few hours, fixt and constant in the Fire, so that by them you may immediately tinge the inferiour Metals, particularly into good Gold? I GLAUBER truly say this, that this highly profitable Labour, to draw the Tinctures out of Metals and Stones, by the help of our SAL ARMONIACK, to exalt them, and again to fix them, requires hardly twenty-four hours time from the beginning to the end. Which to the unskillful will seem incredible, but whether it be believed or no, is all one to me. It is the Will of God, that his great Gifts shall not come among the impious, but only remain among those, whom he esteems worthy of those high Secrets, and them who also will make good use of them. VIRGIL at first gave but a hint of it in few Words. Afterwards COSMOPOLITA did explain this great Work at length. Then NEUSEMENTIUS published it yet plainer, but the Work is most clearly and largely described in all its Circumstances, by the pious BRASESEUS, in his DIALOGUE DE LIGNO VITAE, but it is received by very few, because the proud TOLETANUS despised this cheap Martial Labour, as if MARS contained no good at all, but that it was only to be found in Gold and Silver. I ingeniously confess, that I am acquainted with several good Secrets, by which one may reap Profit out of Metals, yet none of them is cheaper and easier, than the Work of VIRGIL upon VITRIOL, or the OPAKE TREE, to break off the Golden Branches one after another, by the help of his PROSERPINA, or EAGLES Wings, or GRIFFINS CLAWS. But if one would reap good Profit by this Labour, he must be furnished with a good quantity of GRIFFINS CLAWS and EAGLES WINGS, which also is easie to be had in great quantity, for I have sufficiently taught how to prepare them. Further, it is needful to know, after we have drawn the Tinctures, out of Red Metals and Stones, by our ALCAHEST, how to perfect them, because they are yet Volatile, no Metal can be meliorated by them, therefore they must be fixed before they can be used. This Fixation may be made in the space of six hours, so that if they are put upon a red hot Plate, they melt in a moment, enter and tinge as readily, as Oil doth dry Leather, which all Tinctures do not, but must be brought to it by Art, but our Tincture only which is made by Volatile Spirits, doth it: The reason is this, all gross and fixed Bodies are naturally influxile, on the contrary, all Volatile Spirits again Coagulated into fixed Bodies, must of necessity be fluxible and penetrating. Observe this well, for it is plainly enough spoken. Concerning this, see the EPISTLE OF ARNOLDUS to the Pope, and there you will find this Observation. Without this Secret SAL ARMONIACK, no good can be done in ALCHEMY. Thus I end my Explication of the Secret Fire, by which all Metals particularly and Universally, are maturated, with incredible Profit, to the perfection of Gold and Silver. Now it remains to give some hint, how these Secret Fires or Agents, separately by each PROPRIUM AGENS, may be after a peculiar manner, be maturated into Tinctures, You have heard that common SULPHUR is the PROPRIUM AGENS of SATURN, which becomes fixed with the Lead, and in this Fixation it also fixeth and tingeth its Patient the Lead, into SOL and LUNA. You have also heard, that ARSENICK or COBOLT is the PROPRIUM AGENS of Tin, and that ARSENICK the Agent is easily fixed by its Patient, Pin, and with the Tin becomes SOL and LUNA. And also that the common MERCURY is fixed into good Silver, with Lead. And all Volatile REALGARS, as ORPIMENT and its Compeers, may be fixed into good Gold with MARS and VENUS, which is the naked Truth, of which I would have none to doubt, for I my self have several times performed these cheap Fixations, and because I am sufficiently satisified in it, I dare satisfie others.
I have thought it unnecessary to describe, at large, all the Manuals which belong to the Coagulation of the Volatile mineral Spirits, and inferiour Metals, into constant Gold and Silver by this cheap Fixation. I have therefore published it as short (yet comprehensive enough) as I could, that you may speculate into it your selves, and then you cannot fail, except God prohibit you, which often happens to evil Men, which see easie things done before their Eyes, which yet they cannot imitate.
Now to put an end to this business, and to prove that the universal Agent, the common SULPHUR, which is the Grandfather of DEMOGORGON of all Minerals and Metals, hath also its PROPRIUM AGENS, by which it may be maturated into a Universal Medicine or Tincture, I have thought fit to acquaint the World with this easie and cheap Fixation of SULPHUR; chiefly, because I have already, some years since, treated of this easie Fixation of SULPHUR, but I have not there discovered every thing so plainly, that every one may prepare it. But now I intend, God willing, to publish it so clear and comprehensive, that even any MECHANICK may not only understand, but easily imitate it. I pray God to assist me in it, AMEN. Some years ago I taught, how, by the help of my SAL MIRABILE, to fix any common SULPHUR, but chiefly, such as is yet bound up in Wood or Sea-Coals, and doth not so easily fly in the Fire, but is easier to be handled with a red hot heat, than the open Fluxile common SULPHUR. This curious Work I have shewed to some Friends with my own hands, and highly recommended it to them, to take it in hand, and bring it to a good end, because I was certain, that it must become a rich, and far extending Tincture. But seeing the SULPHUR would not presently be fixed, they left the Work: Whereupon I farther divulged this Work by writing, and made it common. Notwithstanding which, as yet very little hath been attempted about it, because every one is in haste, and hath not Patience to wait for a good end, not considering that every thing must have its time, and that haste makes waste. Must not the Plowman, when he sows his Corn into the Earth, to have an hundred fold encrease, wait the due time before he can have this Multiplication? Why should not then also a CHYMIST wait his time, for the profitable Fixation, that will recompence him a thousand fold? Now to return again to our business, to shew that any common Combustible SULPHUR, which otherwise is an Universal Agent for all Metals, to maturate them into Gold and Silver, hath also its own PROPRIUM AGENS, by which it is not only maturated into SOL and LUNA, but also into a true Universal Tincture; and this is done only by certain SALTS, that have Power to fix the SULPHUR, and make it constant in the Fire. COSMOPOLITA minds us of this very well, when he saith, that Salt, in the conflict with SULPHUR, gave him a deadly Wound, which is very true, and besides Salt or Strong Spirit of SALT hath Power to fix it, if they be several times drawn off from it. How this is to be done, I have taught in my THREE PRINCIPLES OF METALS. But such a SULPHUR as is fixed by AQUA FORTIS, is also quite killed, and its ingress into Metals is taken away, but may be restored to it again, so that it easily enters Metals, and tingeth them throughly. PARACELSUS saith, you must reverberate the fixed SULPHUR, till it comes to be Red, and then draw out the Tincture, with Spirit of Wine, and then fix LUNA or MERCURY with it into Gold. NEUSEMENTIUS teacheth to drown the Dragon in the STYGIAN Waters, that is to fix him, and when he is come to the highest degree of fixity, that then you must revive, or Volatize him again, and then fix him the second time, and then he hath a better ingress into Metals to tinge them. BRACESEUS teacheth also, to extract his fixed SULPHUR, out of the fixed Scales of Iron, and to fix them into a Fluxile and penetrating Tincture. COSMOPOLITA teacheth it after this manner, viz. how to deliver SULPHUR out of his Prison, and that he will give to his Redeemer a Crown of Three Kingdoms for a Recompence. Out of these, the true Fixation of SULPHUR is sufficiently to be learned, and needs no farther instruction, but yet I cannot forbear here to set down my way, how to fix it, that the Artist may so much the easier attain his End. And this Fixation of SULPHUR may be done after several manners.
And First is this: I have taught, how SULPHUR may be fixed into a Red Carbuncle, persisting in the Fire, where I have treated of my SAL MIRABILIS: It is true, this way of fixing is done without any cost, yet it requires a certain, tho’ no very long, time, which is the reason, that hitherto few have tryed any thing in it, and yet it is very difficult to come easier and cheaper to the Fixation of SULPHUR; and besides, there is this advantage in fixing the SULPHUR with SAL MIRABILE, that it retains its easie Flux and Ingress in to Metals, which that fixed AQUA FORTIS doth not, but into an unmeltable Earth, which hath no Ingress into Metals, except it be procured by Art, which every one cannot do. Yet NEUSENENTIUS hath clearly described it in these Words: When thou hast brought thy Subject to its highest Fixation, to wit, by the Abstraction of AQUA FORTIS, (which Fixation he also clearly teacheth, when he saith; that you must drown the Dragon in the STYGIAN Waters, and so make him fixed) and after the Fixation make him Volatile again, that then he acquires his ingress, and is fit to tinge, which is so plainly exprest, that it is impossible to express it plainer, yet these excellent Writings, are written only supervacancously, and understood and imitated but by few. I still add, even to superfluity, one way more how to fix any SULPHUR whatsoever, to do wonders in Physick. Rx. Sea-Coals, or in defect of them, Wood Coals powdered, good SALTPETER, Common Salt, and Oil of VITRIOL; of each a like quantity, put these four things into a Glass Retort well coated, fix a Receiver to it, and in an open Fire distil off all the Humidity, urge it at length with the strongest Fire, and a Green Liquor of SULPHUR will come over, which the Ancients called the Green Lion, which dissolves SOL, and which they are digested a good while, or the Green Liquor is often abstracted from the SOL, then they are fixed together, and the Liquor of SULPHUR, together with the SOL, turns into a Red tinging Stone.
N. B. If you will that the SULPHUR shall not come over, but remain fixed behind, you may instead of the common Salt, which makes the SULPHUR Volatile, put SALTPETRE, which is of this Nature, as well as Oil of VITRIOL, to make any SULPHUR fixed, but common Salt makes it Volatile. JASON killed or fixed the always watching Dragon with a strong Water of SALTPETRE.
BRACESEUS, BASILIUS, PARACELSUS, NEUSEMENTIUS and others have done the like, he that will truly follow them; cannot err, but it is impossible to explain to the ignorant any thing, so that he may presently imitate it. You must yourself take the thing in hand, and proceed diligently, else nothing can be done: Let this suffice to be said concerning common SULPHUR, which is an Universal Agent, to maturate all Metals, and it self is fixed with Metals, into SOL and LUNA; and also by SALTPETRE and VITRIOL is fixed into a true Tincture, as is here demonstrated. Here I put an end to the Explanation of the Agent, and Patient of Metals, how to fix them particular1y into Gold and Silver, and Universally into Tinctures. It yet remains to give a small Explication of the Fixation of SULPHUR.

A Recapitulation.

Reader,
I have taught in this Book, what the PROPRIUM AGENS of Metals is, by which they are naturally maturated in the Earth, viz. That the DEMOGORGON or SULPHUR, is not only the Father of all Metals, but also their Universal Agent, or Maturating Fire, by which all the Metals naturally in the Earth, and by Art out of the Earth are brought to perfection, and that also besides SULPHUR, as the Universal Agent, the Metals have their particular, or proper Agents, which help to bring the Metals to perfection, as well as the Universal Agent. I have also taught, that the Volatile Spirits of Metals, or their proper Agents, do not only maturate their Metals, but also become good Bodies themselves with the Metals. I have also taught, how SULPHUR, as a Universal Agent chiefly by Salts, may be maturated into a Tincture, which Fixation by Salts, must have its due time, before you can make it constantly fixed in the Fire, which length of time hath made many Artists forsake the Work, although he knew, that of necessity it must come to a good Tincture. Impatience causeth this, that they cannot wait the true time of Harvest. Wherefore impatient Men should not meddle with ALCHEMY, but rather drink a Bottle of Wine, which is sooner done than a Combustible Fugitive SULPHUR can be fixed. The learned Ancients have taught us, that Patience is the Root of all Sciences and Arts, wherefore then are Fools so hasty in their Undertakings? When all Philosophers Unanimously testifie, that all Festination proceeds from the Devil. PARACELSUS hath taught how to fix SULPHUR, by the help of a strong AQUA FORTIS, by abstracting it from it four or five times. But I have taught, how to fix it by the abstracting of a strong AQUA FORTIS, but once, in my Book OF THE THREE PRINCIPLES; ‘Tis true, by this way it loseth its Fluxibility and Ingress, but this may be restored to it again, which for certain Reasons, I did not think fit to make known. Now being we know, that nothing fixeth but SULPHUR, and that a Combustible SULPHUR spoils the Metals, and makes them Black, and a fixed one hath no Ingress, but when that is given to it, it is fit to tinge the Metals, for whatever tingeth the Metals constantly, must itself be fixed, or else it would not endure the CUPEL. ‘Tis true, out of MARS and VENUS, you may easily extract a Tincture, which yet doth not tinge constantly, except they be first truly fixed. Very many have thought, that if they could but incorporate a CROCUS MARTIS with Silver, that of necessity it must become Gold, but they found themselves to be mistaken, for if CROCUS MARTIS should be put upon Silver, it doth not tinge it at all, but again becomes Iron, and makes the Silver brittle. N. B. But if you know how to prepare a Red SULPHUR of Iron, constant upon the CUPEL, without returning to Iron again, and then draw out of this Red fixed SULPHUR, its purest Anima or Tincture, you have a Colour to tinge all the Metals in the World. This is the Reason, that the Old Philosophers have so often inculcated, to destroy the Gold; So that it cannot be reduced into Gold again, and that then you would have the greatest of Secrets. But I could do nothing more with such a destroyed Gold, till I learned to give it ingress, for when it is destroyed it enters no Metal, but if you give it ingress, then it tingeth, so also neither MARS, nor common SULPHUR can tinge, if they have no ingress which you may easily believe.
Therefore the whole Art to make Tinctures consists, first in making of the red Metals as Gold, Iron, and Copper, irreducible, then to extract their Tincture, and to give an Ingress. This labour is a very easie thing to the knowing, but incredible to the unskillful; for I have some years since, shewn to some Friends out of kindness the destruction and fixation of such Metals, together with the Extraction and Ingress, very plainly, and highly recommended to them this universal work; they have performed the fixation, but the Extraction and Inceration they have not done, although it is so easie that a Child of Ten years old may easily perform it. My hopes were, that when they had perfected it, they should give me some of the Tincture, but in stead of a recompence, they told me they could not do it, which was because God kept his hand over it. After the way that is here shewn, Tinctures may be easiest prepared out of red Sulphureous Metals and Stones, and I have a small quantity of it by me, which will tinge red, I made it before my Sickness, and keep it as a memorial to my Posterity. Some perhaps may ask, whether there be not a nearer way to prepare Tinctures for Metals, than by Extractions and Fixations, which require much time and Costs. I answer, ‘tis certain there are nearer ways to fix SULPHURS in their whole substance without loss of weight, without any addition of Salts or Spirits of Salts, very easie and cheap; viz. by the Universal Coagulator into a Tincture, and by their particular Coagulators into Gold and Silver. Concerning the Coagulators I have already made them known, viz, that Lead is the Coagulator of Common SULPHUR, and vulgar MERCURY, Tin is the Coagulator of ARSENICK, and COBOLT, Iron and Copper are the Coagulators of ORPIMENT, SANDARACH, and all other Realgars, and that Gold and Silver are the Coagulators of the MERCURY of ANTIMONY into a Tincture. Now concerning the Universal Coagulator, ‘tis not a Malleable or susible Metal, but only an immature Volatile Mineral, not much unlike to Lead Ore, and therefore the Philosophers have called it the SATURNINE MAGNESIA, and this is not all one and the same, for it is found in different colours and figures, so that he who will use them must well understand their difference, that he may not take the wrong for his work, and so lose his labour. The Ancients have not revealed this Volatile Mineral, but kept it as a Universal Coagulator in the greatest secrecy, and that not without reason, because they maturated their Volatile Metallick Spirits and Tinctures by it. Yet the Volatile Tinctures may also be fixed, without this Universal Coagulator, but that requires much time; therefore they have used this Coagulator for an help, and so they could matureate the most Volatile Metallick Spirits into fixed Tinctures, in a short time, and this Compendium is the chiefest thing in the Chymical Art, see the Treatise of the THREE PRINCIPLES OF METALS. Now to return again to SULPHUR, and to demonstrate, that it may be easily made fixed in the Fire, which is thus: Take one part of Common SULPHUR, mix it with three or four parts of Lead Ashes, put this mixture into a strong Earthen Cementing Box, lute It well with a good strong Lute that will not crack, when the Lute is dry, put it Into a Cementing Furnace, or into such a Fire, that in the beginning will only melt the SULPHUR, so that it may penetrate the Lead Ashes, and hide it self in them, and so be initiated to the Fire, then by degrees increase your Fire from day to day, till at length the Crucible become to be of a dark brown, then increase your Fire still more, and continue this so long till the SULPHUR becomes quite fixed with the Lead Ashes, and constant in the Fire; and this will require eight or ten months time, during which time the SULPHUR becometh fixed, and hath tinged and fixed its Body, the Lead as much as it could, for it is not possible for it to fix all the Lead after this manner into Gold and Silver, but only part of it, yet so that an hundred-fold profit is made of it, if you proceed rightly in the matter. The reason of the melioration of the Lead is this: If SATURN hath power to make a Combustible SULPHUR, incombustible and fixed in the Fire, so that it neither fumes nor burns, then it is certainly as good and fit for tinging as another SULPHUR, which is made fixed by much labour of abstracting AQUA FORTIS from it. In this Fixation the SULPHUR retains its Ingress, and therefore needs not to be given to it afterwards, for it had an Ingress when it was not fixed, and when it is made fixed it still retains it. This makes good that common saying of the Philosophers: If SULPHUR shall first penetrate SATURN, and SATURN attracts it willingly by reason of its great dryness, and unites it self with it, then it is said that NATURE REJOICETH IN NATURE. When it can be made red-hot with the Lead, then it is said, NATURE OVERCOMETH NATURE, but when the fixed SULPHUR remains constant with the Lead upon the CUPEL, then it Is said, NATURE RETAINS NATURE. This which I here declare so plainly, all Philosophers before me have kept very secret, but that I here reveal such great secrets, I have a reason for it, which is not necessary for every one to know. Now as we have here taught the fixation of SULPHUR by Lead, after the same manner the fixation of ARSENCIK is to be done by Tin, which becomes fixed with it in the Fire, to the great profit of the Artist, it recompenseth him with Gold and Silver upon the CUPEL, and this Work the Philosophers always kept very secret. COSMOPOLITE writes, that there is a small Fish, in the Sea named REMORA, which hath such power, that if it sits upon the Stern of the Ship, it causeth it to stand still so that although the Wind fills the Sails, yet it cannot move. In another place, he calls this Fish ECHENEIS, which if you read backwards, sounds Tin Ashes. Other Philosophers also write of this work of Fixing, that there are always two sorts of Birds in the Nest, or two sorts of Dragons in the Den, that one of them would willingly stay, which is the Body, but the other which hath Wings, would always fly away, yet at length it is by degrees so overcome by that which hath no Wings, that at last it endeavours no longer to fly. The same happens here to our Volatile ARSENICK, that is fixed with Tin Ashes, the Volatile part, ARSENICK is always striving to fly away, but the Tin Ashes binds and keeps it, that it is forced to stay against its will, and also become fixed with its Companion. Now as we have here proceeded with ARSENCIK and TIN, and with SULPHUR and LEAD, after the same manner must be done with ORPIMENT, and MARS or VENUS, but with SULPHUR and the MERCURY of ANTIMONY, together with Gold and Silver, the fixation is performed after a peculiar manner, which fixation I have already declared, and therefore need not repeat it: This I would have noted concerning the Agents and Patients of Metals, but I am very well assured, although this fixation is very mean and easie in it self, that yet it will not easily be imitated, and that because I have made known so great a Secret in so simple and mean a Style. The World is full of Pride, and cannot give credit to such mean things, but rather looketh after high, tedious, and sophisticate things, which are worthy of nothing, If they are but set off with fine words: God will have it so, that these great Secrets may not fall into the hands of the Impious. Here, In the fixation of the Common SULPHUR with Lead, and ARSENICK with JUPITER, ORPIMENT with MARS and VENUS, I have spoken openly, and hid nothing, yet I am certain it will not be taken in hand, partly because of the length of time required in the fixation, which will deter many from this work, many who shall read it will not be able to believe, that so easie a fixation hath been done, because none hath hitherto written of the like cheap way of Meliorating Metals, not spoke so plainly as I have done. Many will take Exceptions at my Person, and say, if it was true what GLAUBER writes of this easie fixation of the inferiour Metals, to transmute them into Gold and Silver, he would do it himself, and thereby make himself rich, and not publish things of so great a concern. To this I answer, that my great Age, and many weaknesses will not permit me to take such things in hand, by which nothing but Worldly Riches are acquired, which sometimes do men more harm than good, which I never did nor ever will seek after. If others will do it, they may. I trouble not my self about the Mamon, but prepare my self for a happy passage into a more peaceable Life, where there is no strife nor misery, but everlasting Peace, and everlasting Light reigns perpetually. But in that I have discovered those great Secrets, by which those who seek after them, may become very rich, I have done it out of a good meaning, viz. that if many by this shall attain good means, that some of them at least may assist the poor out of their abundance. To this end only have I discovered these Luciferous Secrets, and not at all to please the Proud and Covetous. But yet although I have described all plainly without any reserve of the Manuals thereunto belonging, I am very well satisfied, that God will keep his hand over it, and will not indifferently give his Blessing to all in it, but will so dispose it, that his gifts may not be misused. And therefore I am very well satisfied, that Art will remain Art, although it be never so clearly laid down before the Eyes of all Men. To whom God will give it, him I envy not, but wish him Gods Blessing with it, and earnestly exhort him, that when God hath blessed him, that he by no means forget the Poor.

AMEN.

Last edited by alexbr on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:51 pm

It wasn't necessary to copy and paste the whole chapter alexbr but the message is clear, the Philosophers have concealed their solvent under the disguise of Vinegar, Alcohol or even Dew only as an analogy for the real solvent.

One needs only to try to dissolve the Gold leaf with vulgar Vinegar or Alcohol and see what kind of result he gets...

Back to top Go down
alexbr

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi TP and every body

OK T P maybe the reason ? it is a concrete hypothesis of what you do and do it?
but then, however, if it is as you assert, however, as it then explain it? as you will see by extracts of Nik and other alchemists and thesaurus thesaurorun RC * ETC instead speculate and give clear indications that instead of even the wine and vinegar and acetates and dew and rain water or water etc etc be able to achieve a solvent of 'gold before moving to coction the stone based on special forms of acetone acid glacial aceteci etc dew-rotting uptake phase dew-dawn tears of dawn (described by Dujol magophon in his hypotyphose) and fixation of radon in them etc etc

my best regard alexbr

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;originale italiano::::::::::::::::

salve TP e a tutti

OK TP forse ai ragione? è si una ipotesi concreta quella che tu di e fai fai?
ma pero allora se è come asserisci tu come invece pero allora spieghi ? come vedrai dagli estratti di Nik e altri alchimisti e thesauro thesaurorun RC * ETC che invece ipotizzano e danno precise indicazioni che invece che anche dal vino e aceto e acetati e rugiada e acqua di pioggia o acque etc etc si riesca a ottenere un solvente dell'oro per poi passare alla cozione della pietra basato su speciali forme di acetoni di acidi aceteci glaciali etc rugiada putrefatta-captazione-fase rugiada lacrime dell'aurora aurora ( descritte da Dujol magophon nel suo hypotyphose ) e fissazione in esse del radon etc etc

cordialmete alexbr
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:19 pm

alexbr wrote:
Hi TP and every body

OK T P maybe the reason ? yes sure maybe this it is also a one concrete hypothesis of what you do and do it?
but then, however, if it is as you assert, however, as it then explain it? as you will see by extracts of Nik and other alchemists and thesaurus thesaurorun RC * ETC instead speculate and give clear indications that instead of even the wine and vinegar and acetates and dew and rain water or water etc etc be able to achieve a solvent of 'gold before moving to coction the stone based on special forms of acetone acid glacial aceteci etc dew-rotting uptake phase dew-dawn tears of dawn (described by Dujol magophon in his hypotyphose) and fixation of radon in them etc etc

* RC internal degrees
for the Golden R.C. internal degrees for to have a very very good general overview with also instructions alchemical operative very interestig and the dep indication of oprativite alchemical internal of the degrees of the golden rosa cross is the very very interesting the (German) book of Bermhard Beyer Das Lehrsystem des Ordens der Gold- und Rosenkreuzer. Pansophia - Urquellen inneren Lebens.
In amazon : http://www.amazon.de/Lehrsystem-Ordens-Gold--Rosenkreuzer-Pansophia/dp/3902705027/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351794581&sr=8-2 (now i found and i attach version itatian in thread Thesauro Thesaurorum )

my best regard alexbr

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;originale italiano::::::::::::::::

salve TP e a tutti

OK TP forse ai ragione? si certo questa è anche una ipotesi concreta quella che tu di e fai fai?
ma pero allora se è come asserisci tu come invece pero allora spieghi ? come vedrai dagli estratti di Nik e altri alchimisti e thesauro thesaurorun RC * ETC che invece ipotizzano e danno precise indicazioni che invece che anche dal vino e aceto e acetati e rugiada e acqua di pioggia o acque etc etc si riesca a ottenere un solvente dell'oro per poi passare alla cozione della pietra basato su speciali forme di acetoni di acidi aceteci glaciali etc rugiada putrefatta-captazione-fase rugiada lacrime dell'aurora aurora ( descritte da Dujol magophon nel suo hypotyphose ) e fissazione in esse del radon etc etc

*RC internal degrees
for the Golden R.C. internal degrees for to have a very very good general overview with also instructions alchemical operative very interestig and the dep indication of oprativite alchemical internal of the degrees of the golden rosa cross is the very very interesting the (German) book of Bermhard Beyer Das Lehrsystem des Ordens der Gold- und Rosenkreuzer. Pansophia - Urquellen inneren Lebens.
In amazon : http://www.amazon.de/Lehrsystem-Ordens-Gold--Rosenkreuzer-Pansophia/dp/3902705027/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351794581&sr=8-2 (now i found and i attach version itatian in thread Thesauro Thesaurorum )

cordialmete alexbr

Last edited by alexbr on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:26 pm

alexbr wrote:
Hi TP and every body

OK T P maybe the reason ? it is a concrete hypothesis of what you do and do it?

my best regard alexbr

Haven't you noticed that in the end they always add metallic Mercury to the 3 principles. What do you think this is for?
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:39 pm

T.P. wrote:
[quote="Haven't you noticed that in the end they always add metallic Mercury to the 3 principles. What do you think this is for?

Hi TP and every body

TP but at that time what exactly do you mean then by adding the three principles ALWAYS with "metallic mercury" ? then please explication this concept more deep and clear what exactly do you mean ? by what you can explain exactly what ?
So in your opinion about the nature of this "mercury metallic " (I always think this "mercury metallic "is use normal for proiection and trasmutation ) what exactly do you think is this "mercury metallic " that always ?adding to the 3 principles?

my best regards alexbr

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;originale italiano;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

salve TP e a tutti

TP ma allora cosa intendi esattamente dunque con addizionare i 3 principi SEMPRE al "mercurio metallico" poi perfavore gunque approfondire e chiarire il concetto tu cosa esattamente sottointendi e cosa esattamente intendi con cio? puoi spiegarlo esattamente cio
dunque per la tua opinione circa la natura di questo mercurio metallico (io ho sempre pensato che era normalmete usato per proiezione e trasmutazione ) cosa esattamente tu pensi sia ? questo mercurio metallico da addizionare sempre ?ai 3 principi ?

cordialmente alexbr
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:28 am

I am loving all the new information about making vinegar and fermenting of metals, but this process does not call for anything other that vinegar. Nick had faith in this and may himself have claimed success with this path. I am going to stick with straight vinegar (maybe strengthened) for now. If you look at the original thread on zinc acetate, it seems Luce7 (now guest) was able to extract a color from gold. Yellow, possibly the sulfur of gold, even though he used chemical acetic acid. Well see. But one thing at a time.

Got my zinc dust and am getting lab equipment back together. Very busy right now but will start soon.
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 pm

alexbr wrote:

Hi TP and every body

TP but at that time what exactly do you mean then by adding the three principles ALWAYS with "metallic mercury" ? then please explication this concept more deep and clear what exactly do you mean ? by what you can explain exactly what ?
So in your opinion about the nature of this "mercury metallic " (I always think this "mercury metallic "is use normal for proiection and trasmutation ) what exactly do you think is this "mercury metallic " that always ?adding to the 3 principles?

my best regards alexbr

If you read first 5 or 6 chapters from Thesaurus Thesaorum on Blood, \"philosophical dew\", Rainwater, Salt of Earth and Wine you will disover that they all follow the same formula:

1. Putrefy the matter
2. Separate the 3 principles
3. Purify the 3 principles each separately
4. Conjoin the 3 principles

and after that you let them crystalize and you obtain a Vitriol for that particular Kingdom. Crystals of Blood and \"philosophical dew\" are called Vitriol Microcosmi because they came from man who is himself Microcosm, reflection of the Macrocosm. Rainwater crystals are called Vitriol Macrocosmi, that of Wine Vitriol Vegetabile and so on...

In the GW Path the very same \"philosophical dew\" crystals are made which R+C called Vitriol Microcosmi but there is 1 step omitted from GW Path as you all know and this is the 5th step called metalization! The most recipes are jumpng straight to adding Gold to your \"philosophical dew\" crystals and Gold will always refuse to unite with it because intermediary is missing!
Now who is the intermediary between Gods and Planets (and metals)?

Here it is:

Zinc Acetate Path Th_956637452_Mercurygod_122_426lo

The metalization is accomplished by joining the Crystals of whatever kingdom with metallic Mercury (in one way or another) and introducing the Tincture into metallic department! Without this no true union with the Gold or Silver will ever occur!

Apart from Golden R+C other Authors have pointed this same fact for example Abraham the Jew. The very first Chapter of his book teaches how to prepare a tincture from the Salt of the Earth and separate and join it's 3 principles but in the end he state this:

Zinc Acetate Path Th_958477677_Abraham_122_626lo

Was it clear enough?

Last edited by T.P. on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 3:19 pm

bluefloor wrote:
If you look at the original thread on zinc acetate, it seems Luce7 (now guest) was able to extract a color from gold. Yellow, possibly the sulfur of gold, even though he used chemical acetic acid.

This oil appears spontaneously if you cohobate the Acetone alone without any Gold. Gold is not affected by Acetone or the red oil. Try it and you will see it!
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi TP and every body

TP ok but here you are referring to metallic mercury vulgar or another because it is only vulgar metallic mercury that is normal to get the stone in the kingdom and direct metal also Fulcanelli speaks of the mercurializzazione of stone and is a technique known and normaler but this what centers with fires secrets of metals and in the three realms that you say?
in this tread you post of Re: Zinc Acetate Path Ieri a 10:51 pm

the Philosophers have concealed their solvent under the disguise of Vinegar, Alcohol or even Dew only as an analogy for the real solvent.

One needs only to try to dissolve the Gold leaf with vulgar Vinegar or Alcohol and see what kind of result he gets...

that are only allegories in degrees rc yes sure to get stone with mercury, but the first three principles atrae alkaest or dissolve the gold obtained from the specific material you are working with water dew blod ;philosophical dew clay wine etc etc etc etc
obtained and dissolved gold then only later and then directs with simple metallic mercury but the alchaest and secret fire and specific, and is strait from each subject
or you thinks otherwise well and can clarify exactly what you mean

my best regards

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,originale italiano;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
salve TP e a tutti

ok TP ma qui ti stai riferendo al mercurio metallico volgare o ad altro perche se è solo mercurio metallico volgare questo è normale per ottenere la pietra e orientarla nel regno metallico anche fulcanelli ne parla dellla mercurializzazione della pietra ed è una tecnica conosciuta e normaler ma questo cosa centra con i fuochi segreti dei metalli e nei tre regni che tu dici??
Re: Zinc Acetate Path Ieri a 10:51 pm

the Philosophers have concealed their solvent under the disguise of Vinegar, Alcohol or even Dew only as an analogy for the real solvent.

che sono solo allegorie nel gradi rc si si orienta la pietra col mercurio ma prima dai 3 principi si atrae l'alkaest o dissolvete dell'oro specifico e ottenuto dalla materia con cui si sta lavorando acqua rugiada urina sangue argille vino etc etc etc
e ottenuto dissolto l'oro poi solo successivamente e poi si orienta con semplice mercurio metallico ma l'alchaest e fuoco segreto e specifico e viene stratto da ogni materia
o tu la pensi diversamente puoi chiarire bene ed esattamente cosa intendi ???

cordiali saluti
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm

alexbr wrote:

or you thinks otherwise well and can clarify exactly what you mean

I have explained well enough and if something is unclear read again the Chapters at Thesaurus Thesaorum.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi TP and every body

I'm sorry no TP but you're not absolutely clear and now I explain further;

if I understand correctly you say that you orient the stone the three principles with simple and vulgar metallic mercury but this is normal is a technique of orientation of the three principles in the kingdom metal technique widely known but then what centra what you say

repeat

Their Philosophers have concealed the solvent under the disguise of Vinegar, Alcohol Dew or even only as an analogy for the real solvent.

One needs only to try to dissolve the Gold leaf with vulgar or Alcohol Vinegar and see what kind of result he gets ...

and in particular this stage
Vinegar, Alcohol Dew or even only as an analogy for the real solvent.

in all the texts again before adding the simple metallic mercury is always already obtained from the material you are working with and dissolve the alcaest specific but then how this subject is that you say?

Vinegar, Alcohol Dew or even only as an analogy for the real solvent.?

So please more clearly it is not clear what the trase vui say what is your sovete you say that hide and whose Vinegar, Alcohol Dew or even only as an analogy

So TP as the true solvete you're referring to?

Vinegar, Alcohol Dew or even only as an analogy for the real solvent.?

I hope to have formulated precisely my objection to your statements so you can tell that chiaramete solvete second analogicamete you are pointing the rc and in your opinion what is the real solvete to which they refer only vulgar mercury ??

I do not think so ??

my best regards

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;originale italiano:::::::::::::::::::::::::

no TP mi spiace ma non sei assolutamente chiaro e dunque ora spiego ulteriormente ;
se ho capito bene tu dici che si orienta la pietra i 3 principi con semplice e volgare mercurio metallico ma questo è normale è una tecnica di orientamento dei 3 principi nel regno metallico tecnica ampiamente conosciuta ma allora cosa centra quello che tu dici

ripeto

e in particolare questa fase
Vinegar, Alcohol or even Dew only as an analogy for the real solvent.

in tutti i testi ripeto prima di addizionare il mercurio semplice metallico si ha sempre gia ottenuto dalla materia con cui si lavora l'alcaest e dissolvete specifico ma allora cosa centra questo che tu dici??

Vinegar, Alcohol or even Dew only as an analogy for the real solvent.?

dunque please più chiarezza non è chiaro cosa vui dire con la trase quale è il tuo sovete che dici che nascondono e di cui Vinegar, Alcohol or even Dew only as an analogy

dunque TP a quale vero solvete ti stai riferendo ?

Vinegar, Alcohol or even Dew only as an analogy for the real solvent.?

spero di avere formulato con precisione la mia contestazione alle tue affermazioni dunque puoi chiaramete dici a che solvete secondo te analogicamete stanno indicando i rc e nella tua opinione quale è il vero solvete a cui si riferiscono solo mercurio volgare ???

non penso proprio e allora quale ??

my best regards

Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:09 pm

In the first instance i was reffering to Alkahest or our Vinegar. In the second i was reffering to the instructions given in Thesaurus.

You are confusing one with the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zinc Acetate Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinc Acetate Path   Zinc Acetate Path Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zinc Acetate Path
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next