The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Updated: Balneo Mary Bath

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:10 am

It seems to me that Nick is implying that there are several degrees of quality of dew that can be produced, such as:
1. Regular dew, collected anytime of the month or year. 2. Dew from pine needles. 3. Full moon dew. 4. Dew collected on anhydrous calcium nitrate. 5. Dew collected on ‘supercharged’ calcium nitrate, as per his hints from the old website.
I guess the only way to find out which works best in the Dew/Salt process is to run several versions, which is what I am in the process of doing, once I prepare my calcium nitrate.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:22 pm

Certainly by far, the dew collected from the tips of pine needles is the best. The needles charge the dew so strongly that even drinking the dew it self has an affect.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Nick wrote:
Actually, that is not always the case. Calcium nitrate is one of the best absorbers of water from the air, and yet it doesn't dissolve in the water; the water just collects above it. This makes it possible to just filter out the dew and leave the calcium nitrate behind so no distillation is required. In contrast, calcium chloride absorbs water but then also dissolves into it, so it must be removed by distillation.

According to chemical info, calcium nitrate is somewhat water soluble @ 121.2g/100ml. That being so, then even when you filter off the dew, you would still expect some Ca nitrate to be dissolved in it. If that is the case, would this then interfere with making a super saturated solution with sea salt, or would it enhance the whole process? Gentle distillation is the alternative, but you suggest that this may involve a loss of that energy we are attempting to capture?
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:05 pm

The small amount of calcium nitrate that remains dissolved won't pose a problem for making the process work, and it will either drop out of solution or will react with the sodium chloride or magnesium chloride to become calcium chloride, and then sodium nitrate would also be made. Neither of these would be harmful when ingested in only trace amounts, and since you only need 5 drops of the elixir, it will still be safe to ingest.

The problem with distillation is the escape of the gentle spirit that is in the dew. Out Philosophical Gold which is the sea salt is bound up and fixed in the salt, so there is no fear of loosing it. But with the morning dew, the Philosophical Silver is volatile and easily escapes, which is the reason the dew needs to be immediately bottled can sealed before it even reaches room temperature.

If you don't use a long distillation column and have extremely cold water running through the condenser, then there is a good chance you will lose this spirit. Also, distillation deionizes the dew, which means it could loose it's charge.

I have yet to try an experiment using distilled dew, so I can't say for sure if it will work. But I do have one underway that uses dew distilled from calcium chloride, and so far so good.

I also haven't yet tried using refined sea salt from the grocery store, but this I also have in digestion with the distilled dew, which itself is also much cleaner because of the gentle distillation that left behind some powder. But perhaps that powder is crucial to the creation of our Alkahest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:06 am

Hey nick do u think theres a connection between the earth that forms in the golden water and the earth that forms in the salt path ? .From what iv read both can be made to flow like wax on warm metal . I was wondering if in the salt path, the end result of all the putrification in BM was to create a type of nitrate salt similar to the earth in the GW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:32 am

Thank you Nick for that feedback.
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: The Philosophical Salt   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:54 am

The white earth in the GW path is ammonium nitrate, with traces of other substances such as phosphates, it appears each time no matter what, but that which falls to the bottom in the Dew path, is something that can only rightly be called "out of this world"/heavenly, it is HIGHLY philosophical, while it would be an insult to call the white earth in the GW path that, the philosophical salt, is the child of the conjunction of the two great luminaries viz Sol - Luna, it is the corpified fires of their love, coagulated Astral Fire...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:13 pm

luce7 wrote:
magnum.opus1 wrote:
OK, I'm thinking here. Does the liquid from the pyrex dish simply come from the condensation of the moisture in the air on the glass and then is absorbed by the salt. What is your thoughts on this.
I would say Yes to this.

Also collecting dew around Full Moon needs to be checked out compared to other times. Even though ___ doesn't specifically mention it, the 'Actum Leyden' source doc does. Quotes.... "our Dew-water, which is thus to be had in the months of May or June: When the Moon is at the full, observe when the dew falls with an East or South East wind."
And.... "The full of the Moon is a good season, afterwards it will be hard."

Question for all.

I have collected probably 4 to 5 gallons of rain water. It was collected durring an east Texas THUNDER storm. This was collected directly into plastic containers did not touch plants ground or any other objects.

Would I be able to use this instead of the dew?
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:26 pm

SonofSol wrote:
The white earth in the GW path is ammonium nitrate, with traces of other substances such as phosphates, it appears each time no matter what, but that which falls to the bottom in the Dew path, is something that can only rightly be called "out of this world"/heavenly, it is HIGHLY philosophical, while it would be an insult to call the white earth in the GW path that, the philosophical salt, is the child of the conjunction of the two great luminaries viz Sol - Luna, it is the corpified fires of their love, coagulated Astral Fire...

Well said SonofSol, and I agree 100%. There is no similarity between the two paths, however, what is very interesting is that Gustav Meyrink (January 19, 1868 – December 4, 1932) who is mentioned several times in "A Rosicrucian Notebook" was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in London. This is proved by the letter from William Wynn Westcott (1893), which has remained in Meyrink's private archives.

And he believed the "Prime Materia" for making the stone was struvite. There is only one way to make struvite, and that is by adding sea salt to urine, and this makes magnesium ammonium phosphate hexachloride fall out in great quantity. And the when we take into account the fact the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in London was formed from as an offshoot of their Rosicrucian Order, we realized that their name also centers around MORNING DEW.

So it would appear that they tried using the same method of saturating dew with salt, but replaced the dew with morning urine to see if that would work, and they obtained struvite precipitant, and possibly just kept digesting it the same way as dew and salt.

So it's worthy of investigation. Maybe the alkahest can indeed be formed by the same process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:32 pm

Quote :
But with the morning dew, the Philosophical Silver is volatile and easily escapes, which is the reason the dew needs to be immediately bottled can sealed before it even reaches room temperature.

Around here, early morning temperatures may hardly be colder than room temperature in the warmer months.
If I take my dew into the house to input the salt, and then watch it for four days - have I already exposed it to too much warmth? Should I stay outside to input the salt, and keep it in the fridge for the 4 days waiting to see if it is sufficiently saturated? (In case I need to reopen it.)
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:43 pm

You are supposed to keep the dew bottle closed at all times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:50 am

Hey dont put it in the fridge if your still adding salt to it some of the salt will crystalize out . Cold water holds less salt warm water holds more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:26 pm

I use a cheap yoghourt machine for digestor bought from a store with electric appliances. It is made to keep the temp steady for the bacteria in the milk to operate in order to transform it to yoghourt. Or to say it simpler, it has only a resistor and a thermostat. It keeps temp at about 105F.

Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Digest11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Admin wrote:
Quote :

You are right. A material that is deliquescent actually goes from a Solid to a liquid state as it absorbs moisture from the air.
Kent

Actually, that is not always the case. Calcium nitrate is one of the best absorbers of water from the air, and yet it doesn't dissolve in the water.
That's why they have 2 differente words:

- hygroscopic: a salt that just absorbs moisture, usually resulting in its aglomeration, at most taking the consistency of gel.

- deliquescent: a salt that eventually solves itself in the moisture it retains (potasium acetate or antimony chloride, for instante).

justin d wrote:
I was wondering if in the salt path, the end result of all the putrification in BM was to create a type of nitrate salt similar to the earth in the GW.

Salt of dew is said to be ammonium nitrate. A solution of ammonium nitrate and sodium chloride is known to solve gold, even if slowly.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:03 pm

mac wrote:

Salt of dew is said to be ammonium nitrate. A solution of ammonium nitrate and sodium chloride is known to solve gold, even if slowly.

Ammonium nitrate and sodium chloride do not magically become acids that can dissolve gold. Also, there is only TRACES of ammonium nitrate in the dew, if that. I have yet to see any scientific literature to say that ammonium nitrate is even in dew.

But no, you can't just mix ammonium nitrate water and salt together to dissolve gold, and it certainly wouldn't be able to make it GLOW.

This path has NOTHING to do with acids. This Alkahest dissolves the metals INSTANTLY, not gradually over time. If the metal is in powder or leaf form, it dissolves instantly, and there is no chemical explanation for how this is possible with salt water.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:13 am

theFool wrote:
I use a cheap yoghourt machine for digestor bought from a store with electric appliances. It is made to keep the temp steady for the bacteria in the milk to operate in order to transform it to yoghourt. Or to say it simpler, it has only a resistor and a thermostat. It keeps temp at about 105F.

Looks like you have eggs in there. Are those containers you use instead of flasks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:24 am

Quote :
Looks like you have eggs in there.
He he, no. Sorry for the bad image quality.
Quote :
Are those containers you use instead of flasks?
They are small HDPE bottles bought from a drug store. Yes, I use them sometimes as cheap flasks for testing purposes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Just starting from you book   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:22 pm

Once the dew has been gotten do I continue to add salt until I see some remaining undissolved? Part 1 on the Universal Solvent, what do you mean “If you have ` liter of dew, then only 1 tsp should be added each time.” I am under the assumption that you are talking about each increment until I see some salt that remains undissolved?
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:28 pm

See my response to this question on the Filtered Salt thread
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:52 pm

luce7 wrote:

1. Regular dew, collected anytime of the month or year. 2. Dew from pine needles. 3. Full moon dew. 4. Dew collected on anhydrous calcium nitrate. 5. Dew collected on ‘supercharged’ calcium nitrate, as per his hints from the old website.

I currently live far north in wisconsin, and I noticed Tracy was attempting to collect the dew in Minesota was it? Anyway, i was wondering if the water could be collected from frost (basically frozen dew) or would the ice crystalization process drive off the spirit? Also, as far as snow is concerned, i think it woudl be best to use the purest (latest fallen) snow that has not touched anything. The problem, I susspect with this is that snow only falls with cloud cover and based on the Leyden document it would seem the spirit in the dew is derived from the energy of the moonlight (unavailable during precipitation). So using snow may just be the same as using regular water. This is all pure speculation of course, I have yet to try this process. But I am interested in collecting from frost if this is possible as I am anxious to start this experiement. any thoughts, anybody?
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: to traci   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 pm

Ok, so now I feel like an idiot. Traci, I mispelled your username in my above message and said that you were in Minesota. Now I see you're in St Louis, MO. I'm sorry about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:06 am

Admin wrote:
Ammonium nitrate and sodium chloride do not magically become acids that can dissolve gold.
This is something from the PON mineral course. They used to put into practice what they taught, so I assume one has to believe it really works, even if not by becoming acids. The solution was meant to be done slowly by a long digestion.

Admin wrote:
I have yet to see any scientific literature to say that ammonium nitrate is even in dew.
I know I have read it somewhere. On the other hand, if there's some inorganic salt in dew, what else could it be? I mean, I don't think there can be other compounds formed in the air except nitrates and ammonia.

At least, it should be a nitrate. E. Canseliet quoted in one of his books a repeated distillation of dew, until eventually a salt materialized, which by decomposition would give spirit of niter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:11 pm

There are differing ideas of how to collect dew in the dead of winter. For you in Minnesota you can review the earlier posts about putting salt in the icebags set out overnight. I did this (yes in St. Louis) and was able to obtain dew, which I call dew/water because I am not entirely sure if it passes the test of being dew or not. One way or another I can either sit and think about it or give it a try which I am doing. Each month on the full month (just missed my chance for January) I am collecting and trying different methods. And i am quite certain right now I should have added more salt seeing that the Actum Leydon document states 1 cup of salt. But nontheless I will work with it. Also the 'heating pad' trick works just fine. I am using a Sunbeam king size heating pad purchased at Walgreens wrapped around a rather large 2000 ml flask and set into a container to keep it on. The heating pad has a continuous mode on the power switch, giving it contiuous heat and it costs about $10 or $15 I think. Although it looks rather lame it seems to be doing fine and the temperature stays around 130 degrees. I will see if the black powder forms, its been in the 'bath' nine days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Dew by frost in the dead of winter   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:46 am

Tonight the temperature is 10 deg. and we have a dew point of 7 deg. Technically, I could harvest frost/dew. However, even if the wind was calm (which it seldom is here in the winter), and if the sky was clear I have doubts that my efforts would be efficacious in obtaining the ethereal essence I seek. I recall Leyden saying that months other than May and June, and during the full of the moon, would be problematic for viable dew. I have a friend in Florida who is willing to collect dew for me simply because I asked him, though he thinks I'm daft (what a friend). As much as I am torn with anticipation to do this I believe I'm going to wait for the proper time and conditions. I'll use this time to study the art and put together the proper equipment. Incidentally, I'll be using Bolivian Rose Sea Salt from The Salt Works for this process. I use it for cooking but since it is salt from an ancient sea bed I'll give it a try.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:27 am

Traci wrote:
I will see if the black powder forms, its been in the 'bath' nine days.

I don't think anyone has gotten a black powder to form. Most people get a white fluffy precipitant in the first few weeks, then by the end of the 6 weeks digestion, the powder has turned brown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated: Balneo Mary Bath   Updated: Balneo Mary Bath - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated: Balneo Mary Bath
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next