The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So if alchemists are not to be taken literally

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cocojambo

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2013-01-09

So if alchemists are not to be taken literally Empty
PostSubject: So if alchemists are not to be taken literally   So if alchemists are not to be taken literally Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:01 am

Then the alkahest is the stone itself? And if everything is stone, then we can take any ingredient, subject it to the proper processing, and it will turn into a stone of some sort without the need to add a metal.
Back to top Go down
leachy

leachy

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: So if alchemists are not to be taken literally   So if alchemists are not to be taken literally Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:40 pm

that idear has come to me before. maybe the alkahest is somekind of neutral stone that can be orientated to a certain way with the metal
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male
Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: So if alchemists are not to be taken literally   So if alchemists are not to be taken literally Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:18 pm

the cool thing about the stone is... it is technically 1 thing that does all of the wonderful effects

the whole art revolves round 1 thing and the principles of mercury, sulfur and salt

which while everyone will tell you this is an allegory.... its actually very correct no matter what angle you look at it

"physically, mentally, emotionally, etc."

and this is why the art is confusing its based on "universal principles" therefore you can see it everywhere and that is what makes it so much harder because you need to have a specific goal for what you want and search it out

for if you try to just learn all the knowledge especially without practice you will struggle an unnecessary struggle

all you must understand are the universal principles and then make your goal...... like say you want to make an elixir out of an orange

use the principles to study the orange and make an elixir out of an orange

Take the juice, remove it save it for later (watery part mercury)

steam distill the oil out or extract with alcohol (sulfur)

burn the body to an ash white as snow (salt)

then what you do is mix the sulfur and the salt... to make another salt (this will take time its like Saponification)

then you dissolve this new salt in the orange juice and either circulate with the orange juice and drink it as is

the fact your getting all the minerals out of peel... and still getting the oil and juice with out damaging it ... make it much better than eating just an orange and plus you waste nothing
Back to top Go down
artephius

artephius

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Re: So if alchemists are not to be taken literally   So if alchemists are not to be taken literally Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:45 am

Some people here make confusion with any dissolvent used in any "alchemical" path and the true Alkahest.
The Alkahest it is an universal dissolvent and as I told before in some posts in this forum I' sure that nobody here know as it is made and me too and also my friends that I know In several forums that I subscribe.
The Alkaest extract from the matter its mercury and the sulphur as Cyliani describes in his book Hermes Unveiled.
There is several dissolventes used in some alchemy paths modern and classic and the authors called to it "secret fire" but it isn't the Alkahest.
Well, each people are free for called what wish to any secret fire like as Roger Caro (Kamala Jnana) describes in his path as secret fire the KOH and in his book claimed that realize the stone and with images.
Will be true? I'm tried and failed and others brother too. Anyway the TRUE alchemy isn't a easy way as some "recipes" described here.
Therefore I wish you good luck in your alchemical works.
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male
Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: So if alchemists are not to be taken literally   So if alchemists are not to be taken literally Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 pm

the alkhahest is actually pretty awesome.... it dissolves unlike anything ive ever seen and it makes the metals readily fusible for any path which if you read the books they spend a great deal of time and effort dissolving metals.. and with the alkahest it is done with ease
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: So if alchemists are not to be taken literally   So if alchemists are not to be taken literally Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 11:45 pm

Alchemy basically is the fact that there second law of nature that rules all things yet in nature its action is spread out so thin that we do not notice it.

It is just like the two sets of modern laws of physics. We know how our every day stuff works but when you get down to the quantum size scale particles can disappear and reaper and time travel. We don't see this stuff on our normal size scale but that does not mean its not possible. It just means that many trillions of these events would have to happen all at the same time, which just does not happen naturally, but I am sure there is a way to induce it.

Same thing with alchemy, there is another law of nature that remains hidden because naturally it is spread so thin. This other law involves strange new concepts like metals growing from one metal to the next until they reach the perfection of silver or gold.

I think the alchemist can be taken literally and there is this strange other law that rules. Its principles just need to be used to collect enough of it in one place, concentrate it, so we can see and use it rather than it just working away unseen is small little corners of matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So if alchemists are not to be taken literally   So if alchemists are not to be taken literally Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So if alchemists are not to be taken literally
Page 1 of 1