The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glauber's "The Salt of Art"

Go down 
+9
chasm369
Schmildvich
tAlchemist
frankjames
alexbr
alkem5161
PulvisRubeus
Alch3mist
Traveller
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 852
Registration date : 2016-11-12

Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 am

over

Last edited by Traveller on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2015-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 10:48 am

Traveller wrote:
but in this time read few of the starting pages of Glauber from his work which I mentioned, and after this you will realize the importance that what I did a compilation it is actually the very important part of all the writings of Glauber.

Yes, the secret is in the understanding that the Spirit of u-r-i-n-e  has nothing to do with actual u-r-i-n-e (had to write it that way because the word keeps getting automatically changed by this forum to "philosophical dew").
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 11:00 am

over

Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 11:09 am

Traveller wrote:
No but here in the writings of Glauber we are talking about common Uriine, which is a minor work so I am asking again if you are interested in this minor work then I will post, but according to your words it seems that you have something different in knowledge, so I think there is no need for you to read this work of Glauber which I was brought to light only for the outsiders of Alchemy.

But you asked me to read the first few pages of the Seventh Section. Glauber himself in the Preface reveals that whenever he mentions the Spirit of u-r-i-n-e, he means by that something other than something made from common u-r-i-n-e. I thought you knew that, and it was that you were emphasizing. Read it again, very carefully. He might be passing on an even greater secret than you were aware of.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 11:32 am

over

Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Traveller wrote:
PulvisRubeus wrote:
Glauber himself in the Preface reveals that whenever he mentions the Spirit of u-r-i-n-e, he means by that something other than something made from common u-r-i-n-e.

No by Spirit of Uriine he meant to say something which is made up from the common Uriine, so again asking you, it is an information for only the outsiders of Alchemy which is only a minor work.

OK. Please proceed.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 1:08 pm

over

Back to top Go down
tAlchemist

tAlchemist

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2017-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Traveller wrote:
There is a big confusion along with the opponents I faced in posting this little work of Glauber, which work I shortly tells you in these words, first Glauber ferment Uriine with lime to dephlegmate Uriine from his spirit or volatile salt, which according to his own words, Uriine will hard to distill and to give its spirit or volatile salt if we don’t use lime.

But according to me we don’t need to use Uriine but we can simply buy ammonium carbonate from a grocery store, because according to my education and experience in this field, this Salt can be use either it prepares through any means.

Next he used this prepared Salt from Uriine to make a Spirit of Uriine by using calcined niter then calcined tartar, and then finally lapis calaminaris which altogether changes the inner constitution of this volatile Salt into a very subtle volatile Spirit. This Glauber call Spirit of Uriine which is made from the common Uriine.

Next by using this Spirit he changes it into a secret Sal Ammoniac which he uses in all of his writings to accomplish different things. And this is the core of all of his writings which you don’t need to read, and still if you have a confusion that you didn’t read all the writings of Glauber, then for your own satisfaction, only read the few starting pages of his work which I mentioned, which he wrote only to tell, that what is the importance of his secret Sal Ammoniac in all of his writings, and from all of his writings only the making of his Aurum Potabile is the right piece of work on which I have made a short compilation of all the useful works of Glauber.

Hope now everything is clear in your mind.

Hermes advised people who wanted to seek out Alchemy to look into nature.

Without books, do you think one could come to an understanding of alchemy through delving into nature? In case you say yes, then given the recipe I just quoted, where do we see this happening in nature?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 1:33 pm

over

Back to top Go down
tAlchemist

tAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Traveller wrote:
Did you read the two questions I was asked to Shmeldvich, it was all about Nature, so without understanding deeply about Nature you cannot accomplish any Art, all is the work of Nature but we are only the servants of Nature, and still in the above method if you are hard to find that how nature taking the same thing in practice, then its your lack of knowledge, but from my side I can clearly see, which philosophical eye you don't have, and that's why this Art is not opened to you.

Oh. Another post you mentioned that you & I had the ''same eyes''.
I wonder what you meant by that.
Back to top Go down
tAlchemist

tAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 1:36 pm

*double post*
Back to top Go down
Schmildvich

Schmildvich

Number of posts : 166

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Traveller wrote:
...first Glauber ferment Uriine with lime to dephlegmate Uriine from his spirit or volatile salt, which according to his own words, Uriine will hard to distill and to give its spirit or volatile salt if we don’t use lime.

...according to me we don’t need to use Uriine but we can simply buy ammonium carbonate from a grocery store, because according to my education and experience in this field, this Salt can be use either it prepares through any means.

...he used this prepared Salt from Uriine to make a Spirit of Uriine by using calcined niter then calcined tartar, and then finally lapis calaminaris which altogether changes the inner constitution of this volatile Salt into a very subtle volatile Spirit. This Glauber call Spirit of Uriine which is made from the common Uriine.

...by using this Spirit he changes it into a secret Sal Ammoniac which he uses in all of his writings to accomplish different things.

...read the few starting pages of his work which I mentioned, which he wrote only to tell, that what is the importance of his secret Sal Ammoniac in all of his writings, and from all of his writings only the making of his Aurum Potabile.

Very descriptive! Thank you for sharing your interpretation of Glauber's words.

Is this a process you have carried out yourself or is this theory?

Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Traveller wrote:
There is a big confusion along with the opponents I faced in posting this little work of Glauber, which work I shortly tells you in these words, first Glauber ferment Uriine with lime to dephlegmate Uriine from his spirit or volatile salt, which according to his own words, Uriine will hard to distill and to give its spirit or volatile salt if we don’t use lime.

But according to me we don’t need to use Uriine but we can simply buy ammonium carbonate from a grocery store, because according to my education and experience in this field, this Salt can be use either it prepares through any means.

Next he used this prepared Salt from Uriine to make a Spirit of Uriine by using calcined niter then calcined tartar, and then finally lapis calaminaris which altogether changes the inner constitution of this volatile Salt into a very subtle volatile Spirit. This Glauber call Spirit of Uriine which is made from the common Uriine.

Next by using this Spirit he changes it into a secret Sal Ammoniac which he uses in all of his writings to accomplish different things. And this is the core of all of his writings which you don’t need to read, and still if you have a confusion that you didn’t read all the writings of Glauber, then for your own satisfaction, only read the few starting pages of his work which I mentioned, which he wrote only to tell, that what is the importance of his secret Sal Ammoniac in all of his writings, and from all of his writings only the making of his Aurum Potabile is the right piece of work on which I have made a short compilation of all the useful works of Glauber.

Hope now everything is clear in your mind.

Yes, I can see what you mean now. What do you think he means by "lapis calaminaris"?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 1:22 am

over

Last edited by Traveller on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:38 am

over

Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 am

hi
but sorry guys because the controversial travel questions do not make them all in the appropriate thread that i put ....

and here we all leave it here well
deeply develop what you can tell us
the traveler friend on his insights and instruction opus minor very interesting of the auro drinking glauber elixir etc

and also here because
instead of continuing unnecessary and sterile controversy
we do not make the traveler friend
instead serious and serious questions about SILCATE PRIME MATERIAL and here we all let him deepen his very important knowledge imho according to my very deep and interesting notice on SILICA and the  VITRIOL PHILOSOPHIC EXTRACT from different kinds
OF SILICATE

as NB about the SILICA AND EXTRACTION BY IT OF VITRIOL PHILOSOPHICAL the friend traveller in him post say ...because you even don't know that how to use Silica as a Prima Materia to make the Vitriol of the Philosophers, ... AND this imho is more interesting to understood and ask him as well made it that made a sterile polemic with and against the friend traveller imho

My best regard alexbr

ma scusate ragazzi perche le domande polemiche a traveller non le fate tutte nel thread appropriato che ho messo.... TRAVELLER ALCHEMY ? question always but POLEMIC NO

e qui lo lasciamo BEN sviluppare a fondo quello che ci puo indicare l'amico traveller su suoi approfondimenti e istruzioni opus minor molto interessanti dell' auro potabile di glauber elixir etc
e inoltre perche non gli facciamo serie domande pertinenti su SILCATE MAPERIA PRIMA non gli lasciamo approfondire le sue conoscenze secondo il mio avviso molto profonde e interessanti su SILICA E VETRIOLO PHILOSOPHICO ESTRATTO DA VARIE FORME DI SILICATE

as NB about the SILICA AND EXTRACTION BY IT OF VITRIOL PHILOSOPHICAL the friend traveller in him post say ...because you even don't know that how to use Silica as a Prima Materia to make the Vitriol of the Philosophers, ...AND this imho is more interesting to understood and ask him as well made it that made a sterile polemic with and against the friend traveller imho

Last edited by alexbr on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tAlchemist

tAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 am

Razz

Last edited by tAlchemist on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : :P)
Back to top Go down
tAlchemist

tAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 9:43 am

Traveller wrote:
What an invitation alexbr given to others, that all the cockroaches arrived here from their site of P Alchemists, and what they understand about making the Philosophers Vitriol it is still unknown, and why they don’t like my shared information which is without using the Uriine, may be because they want to again start the discussion on Uriine as a prima materia, and the gutter like things again will come onto the discussions along with these cockroaches. Very well, so its time now for both of you (schmeldvich, tAlchemist) to show us your accomplishments and useful theories which can lead others on this forum. Because I myself not joined forums for any longer time, or I only spent sometime on this forum, where is not many peoples, so as you both have been spent much of their time on different forum sites, so I say that its time for your to share some useful information which can lead others on their path.

How much I could share I did, but now its your turn. Show me, that what you have been doing on different forums from since many years or what you have accomplished ???

Am I a roach because I ask questions?

I even put ''my friend'' at the end of my early questions because I was afraid that I may come across to you as being hostile.

Taking things from people with a grain of salt is it wrong to ask questions to develop insight...?

Schmeldvich asked you several times asking what you've accomplished but now you're demanding us to show you ours???

Last edited by tAlchemist on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too many words.)
Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am

Traveller wrote:

As in its natural state it is an Ore composed of two different minerals, Zinc Carbonate (ZnCO3) and Zinc Silicate (Zn4Si2O7), but now recently some miners and metallurgists separated both of these minerals and give them a two separate names, Smithsonite (ZnCO3) and Hemimorphite (Zn4Si2O7) But according to the Alchemy we need to take it in a natural form of rock, and not in any refined or processed form, in which form nowadays it is using, in face lotions and creams.

Interesting, so "lapis calaminaris" is not a symbolic name but actually refers to common calamine. You don't often hear of zinc ores being used in alchemy.
Back to top Go down
tAlchemist

tAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 am

By the way Traveller, I am sorry if I upset you in anyway. It wasn't my intention and perhaps I got carried away with my questions.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm

over

Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:24 am

over

Last edited by Traveller on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 10:52 am

over

Last edited by Traveller on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 12:36 pm

over

Last edited by Traveller on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schmildvich

Schmildvich

Number of posts : 166

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 8:42 pm

PulvisRubeus wrote:
...so "lapis calaminaris" is not a symbolic name but actually refers to common calamine. You don't often hear of zinc ores being used in alchemy.

Because zinc ore is not used in Alchemy. It is used in pseudo-alchemy and spurs only from a misunderstanding of the writings.

Traveller wrote:
...first he uses burnt niter, which having the charge of the Sun, and then he uses burnt tartar, which also having the charge of the Sun, and then in his third step he goes, by using the Lapis Calaminaris...

...So by repeatedly using the minerals which having the same charge, so through this theory it clears that he is preferring and using the common Lapis Calaminaris for this work.

...it is also used by our Hollandus, in his work of "De Lapide Philosophorum" where he used this Mineral of Calminaris to prepare Arsenic in the end of his book.

This is a prime example of misunderstanding the spirit of the old Authors. Just like the above case with zinc, arsenic is never used in our Art. It is only used to symbolically describe our Matter during certain stages of the Work.

When the Work is begun, this will all be so clear. One of the first things that caught my eye when I was in the beginning stages of our Work was how clearly and descriptively the Masters described our Art. They did a wonderful job of using analogies within their realm of expertise and understanding. The "toad" is not only a way to understand our Art, but also a fantastic means to understand how Alchemy is like bread-making. It all makes sense!

The Sages did not write exoterically; their words were written esoterically. When this is understood, progress can be made, moreso than any theory conjured up in ones head. Seeing these things first-hand is the breakthrough needed to fully comprehend the writings...until then it is all just searching in the dark with a hope that what is believed to be true indeed comes true. Very few people have been able to figure it all out without first experimenting. Our Art cannot be understood in one's mind alone--it must also be seen in order to be properly understood.

Traveller wrote:
...Glaubers work I shared or after setting up his extracted works I will again share, but it is only for information but it doesn’t mean that if someone try these few steps after spending a few bucks, then it will not give him the results.

...until I myself not try it and make a complete theory of this work, as first introducing the basics and then going through the practical work, these works cannot be deeply understood by anyone.

Of course it won't work! None of this will work as you believe it will. It seems you do know this but are too afraid to begin the Work yourself because you already know that you will prove yourself wrong and have to start back at square one.

While this is not bad, it can come as a big blow to confidence, which imo is so misplaced already. I wish that you would be more open to discussion and alternative opinions other than your [theoretical] firmly established "truth" that is only philosophy in your mind.  Have you seen any of this work before...from anyone?

There is nothing wrong with theory; we all must theorize before we begin. A proper understanding will get us somewhere, whereas blindly following random hypotheses will not. We need to remember that past Artists have achieved what they wrote and our Work needs to parallel their words.

We need not create paths of our own; we need only to follow the already established one and only Universal Path of the Adepts! All the Adepts of the past figured it all out already!

To think that you are someone special, or some magnificent chosen one or anything is pure egotistical malarky that needs to be checked with humility (and common sense), imo.

Traveller wrote:
...So through this process our work will more become easy that we don’t need to setup any expensive laboratory apparatus.

Agreed!

Traveller wrote:
...in place of making Aurum Potabile of Glauber, If after making the Spirit of Uriine, a person use Hydrochloric Acid to make a secret Sal Ammoniac for Silver, then in a more cheap way he will realize that is it a right method which can spiritualize silver towards a tincture, and after putting some amount of the same prepared Sal Ammoniac in the Spirit of Wine he can extract the tincture through Ysopaica from his prepared stone of silver to test its power for transmutation on common Mercury, but this secret Sal Ammoniac which is prepared for Silver, Glauber named it Sal Mirabile, I will post his words with the preparation of this Sal Mirabile where he mentioned this secret Salt. Making Sal Mirabile for Silver is a more cheap work, in place of preparing his Aurum Potabile from Gold by using his secret Sal Ammoniac.

Has anyone anywhere ever done this before?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glauber's "The Salt of Art"
Page 8 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next