The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glauber's "The Salt of Art"

Go down 
+9
chasm369
Schmildvich
tAlchemist
frankjames
alexbr
alkem5161
PulvisRubeus
Alch3mist
Traveller
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
PulvisRubeus

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2015-03-21

Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello again, Friend alexbr,

Yes, there should be another thread or forum about what REALLY matters. There is an increasing subliminal awakening taking place across the World, but this may take time before it reaches a critical point. The brainwashing/indoctrination has been far too strong over the centuries for most of the sheep, and it will take time for the awakening to occur for the majority who have been far too susceptible because of their laziness, self-interest, and irresponsible actions, if you know what I mean.

But to stay on topic, for now, let us see what traveller has to say. Be sure to respond, because otherwise the messages will likely be deleted once again.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 852
Registration date : 2016-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 9:21 am

After completing the first part of discussions for making his secret Fire, I have cleaned the previous posts, that now we can look forward to the next step of using his Agent for perfecting a medicine.

First for the humid way of Glauber, “A Short Book of Dialogues” can be read online which is of few pages.

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/glauber.html

Second for his dry way, I have extracted his work “Of the True Tincture of Gold or the True Aurum Potabile”.

Here is the description of his Aurum Potabile.

Glauber wrote:

Ancients used great diligence in the reduction of gold by some water which Nature freely gives without help of violent distillation; by which they manifest that which is hid is gold and they have hid what is manifest and therefore they have made it fit for the separation of its tincture from a gross and black superfluous body. For they knew that the compact body of gold hath no affinity with the vital spirits, therefore they have chosen only the finest part of gold to their Elixir, viz. Its tincture which they have radically joined with the spirit of Wine and being joined, have made them spiritual or volatile, so that neither can be separated from each other in the fire and being in the fire are sublimed or fixed by a longer digestion and coagulated into a fixed stone, which they count for the greatest treasure in this world. Therefore the ancient philosophers affirming that there is not a better medicine under the Sun than it, which is made from the philosophical union of wine and gold, both by an inseparable re-coagulation and fixation; nor without gold can spirit of wine, nor this without it be made a medicine, because gold without spirit of wine cannot be made volatile, nor this be coagulated and fixed without it. We therefore, their posterity justly, follow the opinions of the most famous men, not for their authorities sake, but for ocular demonstration, which is the truest trial.

His way to make the Aurum Potabile.

Glauber wrote:

R. of living of gold one part, and three parts of quick Mercury (his secret Salt of Art), not of the vulgar, but the philosophical everywhere to be found without charge; and labor, (thou may also add living silver of equal weight with the gold and indeed better than only gold, for the greater variety of colors proceeding from the mixture of male and female: but one persuade that a better Tincture proceeds from gold alone may mix gold only, not so one skillful of metals, who know the power of the cordial union of gold and silver, dissolved in one and the same Menstruum) put them mixt in a philosophical vessel to dissolve, and in the space of one quarter of an hour, those mixt metals will be radically dissolved by the Mercury and will give a purple color; after increase the fire by degrees, and it will be changed into a very fine green, to which taken out, pour the water of dew to dissolve, which may be done in half an hour, filter the solution and abstract the water through a glass alembic in B. which pour out again afresh, and abstract, which do three times, in the meantime that greenness will be turned into a black color like ink, stinking like a carcass and therefore odious and it behaves sometimes to take away the water reaffused and digested and that blackness and stink will depart in the space of forty hours and will produce a pure milky whiteness, which appearing, take away all the moisture till it be dry, which will be a white mass and in few hours of a pleasant color, divers colors first appearing, it is turned into a fine greenness better than the former, to which you must affuse the spirit of wine well rectified to the depth of two or three fingers and that green gold dissolved will draw that spirit of wine, for the great amity, like a dry sponge drawing waters and will communicate to it a quintessence as red as blood, by which means the greenness is deprived of its quickening tincture, the superfluous ashy body being left.

But the way he has given after making his Green Stone, to extract the tincture by using the Spirit of Wine, is not an explained description of his last step. Which I will post later with a complete details of this last work, which is very important after achieving either both of the perfected medicines through their proper way.

The signs of his Potable Gold which is not an ordinary form of Solution.

Glauber wrote:

True potable gold is not so only in name and show (as are divers waters tinged with a yellow or red color) but also endued with golden faculties and virtues, so that is may actually appear to be made of gold, but irreducible by Fire into Gold, spiritual and penetrative, strengthening the vital spirits, that they may overcome their enemies. But it must also be endued with this Virtue, that it may change imperfect metals, chiefly Mercury, Lead, and silver into pure gold; not truly like a fixed tincture, tinging with profit the baser metals in flux, but only perfecting particularly in a moist way by digestion, where some part of the metal alone is turned into better. For this tincture of salt or gold is very volatile, so that it cannot resist the fire; but with a gentle heat it melts like wax and is sublimed like red salt, soluble in spirit of Wine, that is may be fit for Physical uses. Also true potable gold being tasted, is neither corrosive, nor astringent like other solutions of gold neither doth it pollute the hands, the nails and hair with a black or yellow color, but rather makes them more fine; neither doth it infect copper, tin, lead, with rust or a black color, but rather makes them more clear; neither is it a body of gold reducible by extraction, nor into white gold, which may recover its former color by Antimony, and Aqua Regia, but it is like an ashy earth, and sublime-able in a gentle heat like Arsenic, not enduring the trial of the cupel, which virtues if it have, it may be called the true Tincture of Gold: but if not, not so, but rather a sophisticated potable gold, not to be medaled withal.

The Dose is from three grains or drops to twelve or more but to children 1,2, or 3 with its appropriated vehicle or in wine or beer to be administered daily, which Dose may be taken oftener in a day, respect being had to the sick party.

Extracted writings of Glauber from different places about his Green Stone.

Glauber wrote:

Now shall set down how the said fixation may with profit be performed by means of an animal salt armoniack. For certain it is that in man and all animals such a secret sal Armoniack is to be found, especially in uriine, hair, claws, horns, skins, etc. as also in the blood, sweat and spittle of man which is of force to coagulate and fix mercury.

Moreover these superfluities of nature are endued with this power and property that in one days-time they can destroy fixed gold that resists all the elements so as to be no more sol, but will suffer itself to be melted into a green fusible stone which is of wonderful force and virtue in all metallic operations of which it is not needful to speak more at present. If God thinks fit to bestow this green stone upon thee, he will not suffer thee to be ignorant what use may be made of it. I cannot upon this occasion but communicate something that is very wonderful. As I was on a time melting some of this green stone in a crucible it happened to run through the crucible into the furnace where some silver was run out a little before with which the green lion joined himself; and when I came by fusion to separate my luna from the green sol stone or my destroyed sol. I found that my green stone had never been thoroughly united with my luna the stone continuing still green without any the least alteration but my luna was become black and brittle like antimony and went away upon the cupel. Now what more wonderful change can be imagined than to see white fixed luna changed into black volatile lead? Upon occasion of this wonderful. Transmutation one of the philosophers cries out as struck with admiration; what is nature then turned retrograde? Mind well this point consider of it and you will discover wonders for when sol is so far destroyed as to be no longer sol then the greatest wonders may be accomplished by it. Yet know that it is no easy matter so to destroy sol that it shall be sol no more the ancient philosophers unanimously declaring than it is easier to make gold than to destroy it.

NB. This green gold-stone being kept for some time in the fire becomes changed to a red color which is also of great use, he who desires to know more of it may seek for it as myself and others have been fain to do.

NB. The property of this microcosmical salt is that it extracts the tincture of gold and leaves the body thereof white. And if we afterwards take this impregnate salt and extract the tincture of gold from it with spirit of wine, and burn away the said spirit under a refrigeratory helm or head then the celestial salt or the water of life of the philosophers will be conveyed into the glass receivers and is very sweet and pleasant but withal so subtle and volatile that the air attracts and snatches it away if it be not immediately poured out of the recipients and carefully kept in a close stopped glass.

NB. At the bottom of the cup or dish wherein the spirit of wine impregnate with the tincture of gold hath been kindled and burnt away you will find the tincture of gold in the form of a blood-red pleasant, fragrant, aromatical oil which is true living sol, and never stands still but is in continual motion perpetually changing from one form to another. In a word it is the true living sol of the philosophers which by art is made of common gold, that is dead which living philosophic gold fragrant dragons blood, incombustible oil and true potable gold is without doubt the highest medicine that is in the world.

Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 am

Actually when I said that read the writings of Glauber but don’t try to work on any of his written method, and as I also already mentioned that he was not an Alchemist, then there is something I read behind his words, where he was trying to tell us, that after reading his works, an Alchemist will more develop his written works into a better and modified way, where these struggles and achievements of our Glauber will flourish in a more better way. So this was his inner desire and the purpose of all of his writings, which I feel from his words, because he was doing only a Minor work, and still want, that his work will give more to more better results, that where his medicine able to tinge some good part of metal, and also having the potency to cure many disorders.

So in the same way, as he was made his red Glass after destroying the metal of Gold, so the power of this tincture will not be high, until we will not ferment, again its fermentation will be done in a minor way, where each fermentation will increase many times the power of this medicine of gold, which I will practice very soon, because this is my last conclusion which I obtain after reading, searching, pondering, and finalizing to all of his writings. And this one work which I will modify from his writings, will be the end Fruit of all of his long and hard works.

Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Glauber's remaining words which I was posting later,

Glauber wrote:

Making Alcolized Spirit of Wine

To volatilize this fixative Salt of Art (secret Sal Ammoniac) is an easy things to the wise but to the ignorant altogether incredible and apparent which if thou wouldst do likewise proceed thus: Pour upon our Salt of Art in due proportion good Spirit of Wine which draw off by distillation and you will have a wonderful spirit of great virtue but you will find your salt of art so weakened as it cannot be used again: But the spirit of wine impregnated with virtue of the salt performs wonders that were never yet made known to the world of which we shall hear more hereafter. For the spirit of wine in this abstraction hath its virtue multiplies tenfold, so as it not only extracts the essence of vegetables, animals and minerals but easily and suddenly carrying them over the helm but also extract the tinctures from gold and silver all precious and common stones and brings them over. Of which extraction and separation of the tinging soul from fixed and unfixed bodies no philosopher hitherto hath divulged anything.

Use of this Alcolized Spirit of Wine

We extract the essence from our prepared green Gold by using this alcolized Spiritus Vini, then the separation of this essence cannot be done by distillation because both would come over together. Neither can the tincture or essence of the stone be separated from the Spirit of Wine by precipitation. What is to be done therefore in this case? The only way to attain our desire is to kindle the burning spirit and let it flame away under a large and capacious helm or head made for that purpose by which means the spirit of wine is consumed in the flame and the incombustible essence of crystal remains in form of a sweet and pleasant oil. We are also to note that in this burning away, if we receive the volatilizing spirits then sulfur of wine only is consumed and the incombustible mercury of wine being condensed in the head falls in to the receiver in the appearance of a sweet water which further after abstracting this water in a very gentle vaporous bath, the mercury of wine stays behind in the form of a white lovely salt full of heavenly flowers and virtues; for which cause this salt or mercury of wine hath been always termed by the philosophers heavenly salt.

We proceed now to show how by means of our alcohol vini the tinctures or essences of minerals and metals without any proceeding solution or other preparation may be easily brought over. The way is thus:

R. What quantity you please of any sulfurous marcasite whether of iron, copper, tin, lead, silver or gold make them red-hot in a crucible in a wind furnace and then put them red hot as they are into my second distilling furnace fitting a large recipient thereto and pour upon them to the quantity of about an ounce of our alcohol vini, closing the furnace again immediately by this means the spirit of wine will enter into the stones yet because of the great heat will not long continue there but ascend and carry over the metalline spirit with it which done pour upon them another spoonful of spirit which when come over pour on another repeating this as oft as shall be needful. After that the marcasites or metalline stones are grown cold, they must be made red hot again and proceeded with as before till a sufficient quantity of the metallic spirit be obtained. Then burn away the spirit of wine and there will remain a glorious essence of metals which thou mayest make use of according to thy best knowledge. One thing I can assure thee that this is the easiest way to obtain metallic spirits in quantity. And though the process appears plain and simple yet many would imagine.

We may take the same course with compact metals themselves and distil their spirits without any foregoing solution, viz. we must file them small make them red-hot and put them into the distillatory and then proceed as before hath been said and the taste and color in which spirits, great wonders lie hid but are of greatest use in meliorating of metals. Consider well of what I have said and thou wilt find more than I dare set down for it is no small or common thing to obtain the pure souls of compact metals without any foregoing solution of their bodies.

Let us now take a view of the great secrets which may be obtained by means of our alcolized Spirit of Wine.

Virtues of Glauber’s Spiritus Vini (Alkahest)

Our alcoholized Spirit of Wine brings over vegetable essences of a most fragrant odor and carries their extracted essences over the helm; which extracts made with common spirit of wine are not to be compared with those which our Spiritus Vini brings over with it differing as much as the shell from the kernel. This pure mercurial water is the true and best water of life, wherewith not alone men, but also other animals and vegetables too may be cured of all diseases and evils incident to them. There can be no better remedy to keep off the death of vegetables than this our sweet cherishing and vivifying water of life or celestial salt. For when any seeds of vegetables are steeped therein and set only in sand they immediately shoot up and grow and having this effect upon vegetables we have the less reason to doubt of its cherishing and vivifying virtue on human bodies as indeed there cannot be a better medicine to rid the body of man of all manner of diseases than this universal blessed water of life or heavenly rain water. This sudden growth of plants I have many since showed to some of my friends who greatly admired the same but could not comprehend that reason thereof, now therefore to satisfy the searches after truth I declare that all growth whether in the microcosm or macrocosm proceeds from a spirit or volatile salt, arising from two contraries viz. an acid and an alkali for when an alkali and an acid spirit meet they cause an effervescence during which there proceeds from them both a very subtle spirit which has the nature and property to make all things grow. If a man takes this spirit inwardly it procures and preserves health if it be joined to an herb it makes it to grow and shoot up suddenly. With this spirit we can make any herb grow from its seed in the midst of winter, (but it must be in a warm room) so it may be seen to grow which myself have performed more than once. From what hath been said it appears beyond dispute that the growth of vegetables, animals and minerals proceeds from two contraries.

I have in the foregoing treatise declared the use of the salt of art both in Physic and Alchemy and have set down nothing but what myself have experienced. What I have writ concerning our alcolized Spirit of Wine is the very truth. God hath vouchsafed mankind for preserving their health a subject wherein the powers and virtues of all vegetables, animals and minerals are summed up and united together which subject may be had in all places for nothing and however contemptible it may seem to the ignorant yet it is the matter of the highest medicine in the world. Every man can have enough of it from himself needs therefore not to go to another for it. Adam and Eve our first parents brought this matter with them out of paradise yea every one brings it along with him from his mothers womb.

Let no man imagine that I speak here of \"philosophical dew\" or man’s dung it is something else and more despised than either of them so that a proud man will scarcely light upon it. I say if a man know this subject and how to make use of it in physic he may well account himself happy as needing nothing of all that is in the world besides in case he hath only strength place and convenience to prepare the same. The subject costs nothing and the preparation requires neither glasses, coals nor furnace. I commend this subject to physicians above any other in the world, the preparation being easy and without charges and may be finished in few days so that the knowledge of this subject and its easy preparation ought not to be looked upon as an invention of man but as a wonderful and undeserved gift of God, reserved only for those who despise the world with all its vanities, renounce the devil and all his works and avoid the company of wicked men his adherents.

This information is all about that how Glauber was made and used his secret Spirit of Wine to draws out the tinctures of minerals, metals, and plants to extract their essences in the form of tinctures and volatile Salt.

Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 11:04 am

Here are the words of Glauber, which I was collected from his very big volume, which is all about that how to destroy common Gold, and make a tincture out of it, in few days. Read it thoroughly, because these are the actual writings of Glauber, on which later I will also add my deleted posts on the same subject, which will help you to further understand these words of Glauber. Good Luck.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6QTYD_9yhPBMzlHcXFrdmptMzQ

Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: galubers salt   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Very well written Traveller I like the PDF you put together explanes a lot
Back to top Go down
Schmildvich

Schmildvich

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2017-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 11:02 pm

alkem5161 wrote:
Very well written Traveller  I like the PDF you put together explanes a lot

What's on the PDF?

Can you upload it where it can be downloaded anonymously?

(Google Drive links show who has viewed/downloaded the file)
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: : Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 12:28 pm

I have read the PDF and I just so happen to have some \"philosophical dew\" been setting for about 5 months so well putrifided that I can follow his words and do the lab work and will report back on the findings .Im going to start it today .

Alkem
Back to top Go down
frankjames

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 3:27 pm

alkem5161 wrote:
I have read the PDF and I just so happen to have some \"philosophical dew\" been setting for about 5 months so well putrifided  that I can follow his words and do the lab work  and will report back on the findings .Im going to start it today .

Alkem
We look forward to seeing your results.
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 10:21 am

A little update I brought the first water over it has a very strong smell of ammonia and uirne second water coming over is not as strong smelling just a hint of ammonia to it  its about finished then will switch out the receiver  to bring the last water over and hope the salt comes with it this takes me more time because Im using a retort I doint have a ameblic or it would go faster  not much to look at but will post some pics  later of all the waters .
Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 4:52 pm

alkem5161 wrote:
I have read the PDF and I just so happen to have some \"philosophical dew\" been setting for about 5 months so well putrifided that I can follow his words and do the lab work and will report back on the findings .

Hi alkem, when you left the uriine for 5 months, did you leave it in a tightly covered container? Also, what color did it turn into after the five months? And how much "earth" did you obtain (percentage-wise)?
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 7:55 pm

It was left in the shade lightly covered it was a deep redish orange with about 3/4 of inch of earth at the bottom I had about 2 quarts of the \"philosophical dew\".
Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 8:22 pm

alkem5161 wrote:
It was left in the shade lightly covered it was a deep redish  orange with about 3/4 of inch of earth at the bottom  I had about 2 quarts of the \"philosophical dew\".

Thanks, alkem! I hear that the uriine can become quite ruby red in color, and that the "earth" is generally about 8-10% of the total.
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 pm

OkGlauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Thumbn10
Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Thumbn10
hope this picture shows up
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 pm

ok here we are distilling the \"philosophical dew\" down the 2 bottles in the back the one on the right is oil of virtol and \"philosophical dew\" the one on the left is \"philosophical dew\" and quick lime when im finished distilling the one I will rectfie it with kco3 and re distill to see what comes over

alkem
Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 11:05 pm

alkem5161 wrote:
ok here we are distilling the \"philosophical dew\" down the 2 bottles in the back the one on the right is oil of virtol and \"philosophical dew\" the one on the left is \"philosophical dew\" and quick lime  when im finished distilling the one I will rectfie it with kco3 and re distill  to see what comes over

alkem

Thanks for the pictures. What source of heat are you using to distill the sample at the front?
Back to top Go down
Schmildvich

Schmildvich

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2017-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 1:44 am

Thanks for sharing your work with us (with explanations), alkem. It's really neat to see how others work. Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:16 am

Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Resize10
Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Resize11
here is some of the heating sources  that I use  the little crock pot one dollar at second hand store the coffee warmer .50 cents  the little buddy heater one dollar at a garage sale  the coffee can forage I made that from watching a you tube video it will melt silver  I have a bigger one that I i made out of a five gallon metal bucket it will melt copper and gold using charcole and wood.  the soda can alcohol stove it uses 70 % or 90 % isopropyl alcohol  found that on you tube  I probley doin't have more then 5 dollars in total cost for all my heating equipment .  i hope this inspires some of you . It just goes to show you doint haft to spend a lot of money  to do the work. most of my distilling i use the little crock pot.with ashes instead of sand. the little crockpot will hold a 500 mil retort easly.
Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 1:11 pm

alkem5161 wrote:

here is some of the heating sources  that I use  the little crock pot one dollar at second hand store the coffee warmer .50 cents  the little buddy heater one dollar at a garage sale  the coffee can forage I made that from watching a you tube video it will melt silver  I have a bigger one that I i made out of a five gallon metal bucket it will melt copper and gold using charcole and wood.  the soda can alcohol stove it uses 70 % or 90 % isopropyl alcohol  found that on you tube  I probley doin't have more then 5 dollars in total cost for all my heating equipment .  i hope this inspires some of you . It just goes to show you doint haft to spend a lot of money  to do the work. most of my distilling i use the little crock pot.with ashes instead of sand. the little crockpot will hold a 500 mil retort  easly.

Thanks, alkem! Very ingenious!
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 10:23 am

A little update for you the last of the water is coming over and there is
looks like a salt forming like a skin on top of the water in the retort  when the
 last of the water has come over Im going to switch to my alcohol burner to see if i can sublime any thing out of the \"philosophical dew\". I will post pictures. also I would like to add that before starting the process the ph of the \"philosophical dew\" was tested It showed a Ph of about ten the first water tested the same as did the second water after distilling.

alkem
Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 1:06 pm

alkem5161 wrote:
A little update for you the last of the water is coming over and there is
looks like a salt forming like a skin on top of the water in the retort  when the
 last of the water has come over Im going to switch to my alcohol burner to see if i can sublime any thing out of the \"philosophical dew\". I will post pictures.  also I would like to add that before starting the process the ph of the \"philosophical dew\"  was tested  It showed a Ph of about ten  the first water tested the same as did the second water after distilling.

alkem

Thanks for these updates, alkem! I'm following this closely and looking forward to the pictures.
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 am

Last of the water came over  i tried to sublime  the earth that was a mess
now I'm distilling the one bottle with the quick lime going pretty good  will keep you updated on that one.  now the one with the oil of vitriol that was a mistake I made  I put the oil of vitriol in when I should of waited  till after distilling and from experience when adding a acid to alkaline substance  can we say urmus. what Is not discussed a percipatate showed up

alkem
Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 6:14 pm

alkem5161 wrote:
from experience when adding a acid to alkaline substance  can we say   urmus. what Is not discussed a percipatate showed up

alkem

I'm a little confused - could you explain this a little differently?
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 am

What is not allowed to be talked about on this forum o- r- m - u - s take a salt water that is alkaline add acid till ph of 9.8 see what you get
Back to top Go down
PulvisRubeus

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 4:57 pm

alkem5161 wrote:
What is not allowed to be talked about on this forum o-  r-  m - u - s take a salt water  that is alkaline add acid  till ph of 9.8 see what you get

Thanks, alkem, I see what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glauber's "The Salt of Art"
Page 12 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next