The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glauber's "The Salt of Art"

Go down 
+9
chasm369
Schmildvich
tAlchemist
frankjames
alexbr
alkem5161
PulvisRubeus
Alch3mist
Traveller
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
alkem5161

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2012-12-18

Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Ok  here we go this is the update for the second batch that was digested with quicklime and distilled  it produced a really nice water  very potent smell now this needs to be recified with sal tarter then it will be distilled.
per the instructions .

Now there was a really nice outcome on the second batch that I wasn;t expecting a nice red oil and a nice salt after distilling  as you can see from the pictures I'm going to save this and see where this will take me
if you get my drift. and I will keep you updated on that too.

Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Resize12
Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Resize13
Back to top Go down
frankjames

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 11:11 am

Great to see you following the Traveller way and hopefully we will see good results. Well done and thanks for the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 852
Registration date : 2016-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Well Done Alchem, you are going really good, I think the first batch you tried it was not fermented with Quicklime, which you were kept for 5 months putrefaction, but then you tried second experiment with Quicklime, so here is a question,

For how much time you have fermented the second batch of Uriine with Quicklime ?

I am asking this because I want to know that how you got this red oil in the retort ? which is separated after the distillation. I can tell you what it is, and what it can do, but in your experiment its totally in an impure form, where has mixed up in it also the many other dregs of Uriine, so my friend this red oil is useless which you have obtained. Actually it has come from the Phosphorus, calcium and volatile salt of Uriine, which can be made by using the Uriine, (in a laborious way) as well as can be made by without using it (in a more developed way).

Glauber has also made such a thing in the practice of his one of the rare experiments.

Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:03 am

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile death in the family things to take care of.

the putrifide \"philosophical dew\" and quicklime were fermented for about 2 weeks  before distilling.  as for the red oil and salt that was seperated  for later use. If you would like to enlighten me about that that is your choice if not
thats ok too I can read up on gaulbers works and I will figure it out sooner or later. or you could point me to that perticular section of galuber that you are refering to  in a private message .

Im distilling the second batch again after being  rectified with sal tarter

will keep you guys and gals updated.

Nice to see you back travellar

alkem
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 4:06 am

Sorry to hear this, May God bless you, and soul of the dead.

First of all you have to keep in mind after reading the pdf, that he is talking about a subtle sharp rectified spirit of Uriine, which will rush into the receiver when rightly made, so alembic will be much better for this process, about which in the third rectification with Calaminaris you have to be careful as Glauber is telling us about the breaking of the vessel.

And if you will read the works of Glauber then I say that you will find there nothing, but all the useful information from all of his big volume I have already collected into those few pages, which having all the answers you want to know, Glauber said different things on different places, but when I arranged them altogether then it may seem somewhere difficult to understand, but all the right instructions to do the work is in the Pdf, and as you are doing, you are going well. As first you rectified the Uriine for few days with quicklime, then in the same way again rectify the distillate for few days with Sal Tartar, then in the third attempt you will use Calaminaris or Talc, to rectify the same spirit, and then you will get the water, which Glauber called the rectified Spirit of Uriine, with which you will make the secret Sal Ammoniac, about which you said that it is like the process of making the O.R.M.E.s

Every time you have to use the above volatile Salt of Uriine (wetted with some of the distilled Spirit) to carry up the next distillation, as per the instructions of Glauber, don’t use too much of the distilled Spirit, as it will weaken the distilling Spirit from the mixture, because the Glauber’s rectified Spirit of Uriine will originate from the volatile Salt of Uriine.

Same thing can be done by without using the disgusting Uriine, how I will show you.

We can use Talc in place of Calaminaris it is my assumption, as the PulvisRubeus was asking about it, because both are the silicates, so the practice will verify the results that what is more useful than the other.

Ammonium Carbonate is really known as the Smelling Salt, I was already read this on the label but forgetfully put the nose in the box after opening the lid, then what happened, you will become know when you will try it yourself.  Laughing

Back to top Go down
frankjames

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 am

Welcome back, Traveller. Great to see your hard work on the works of Glauber abbreviated getting put into practice.

You wrote "The same thing can be done without using the disgusting Uriine, now I will show you. We can use Talc in place of Calaminaris it is my assumption".
So with this method, no \"philosophical dew\" or spirit of \"philosophical dew\" is used in the process. Is it just Ammonium Carbonate salts and talc? Can you clarify?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 am

Yes frankjames great to see you too, actually Glauber was telling us in his writings that to get the rectified Spirit of Uriine through distillation of the whole Uriine is very hard to accomplish, so that’s why he gave different 4 methods where he only mentioned the word “Sal Ammoniac” (i.e. Ammonium Carbonate) which was wetted with some common water, for making the rectified Spirit of Uriine.

As we know that Uriine contains 95 % of water, so in place of using the water from the distilled Uriine, he used common distilled water, as both will bring the same effects, for wetting up the volatile Salt of Uriine (Ammonium Carbonate).

So this is an easy work without Uriine, but with Uriine you first have to get its volatile Salt as alkem has got in his experiment, which is an extra work and needs a whole day of labor in the first distillation of the Uriine, and then after obtaining the volatile Salt we will follow the process for making the rectified Spirit.

We can use Talc (black variety), in place of Calamine, because according to the alchemical perspective both are the same things. It is not only that both are the Silicates but actually their alchemical constitution is the same.

Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Well Im going to order some talc because the only thing I can find here is
baby powder and it has perfume in it and methel silacate and i need the pure. Things are coming along slow but sure .

I will keep you updated

Alkem
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 am

All we need to do is that we have to destroy Gold (leaf) into a purple form, or if we use half Gold and half Silver then it will become Green, as the method mentioned in the PDF.

Green is the symbol of Life, which means the extracted tincture from this, will give much better results as the way is given in the PDF.

I am making a very simple and cheap Alembic for this work, I will also tell you that how to do it.

Back to top Go down
frankjames

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Appreciate your help and knowledge Traveller with this Path.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 am

Actually I was again come here only to post some information's and as regards to the way of Glauber, then just 2 steps and 2 pictures are enough to do this work, but also telling you that the same work can be done in 1 single step as I was trying before reading the Glauber, but what is hidden and difficult, it is the Fermentation of the tincture, in case we can use the unfermented tincture only for our health as Glauber tells us about his dose. Where he has given his way to extract the tincture from his Green Stone by using the alcolized spiritus vini in the PDF.

I saw in many pharmacopeia, where they use gold in the form of salts in very infinitesimal quantity, but in this way Glauber has completely destroyed the Gold which will never come again back to its metallic state, so we can do many good things out of it.

Back to top Go down
Schmildvich

Schmildvich

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2017-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 am

How would you describe Fermentation in this process?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:24 am

Schmeldvich wrote:

I want to give this answer by asking you a question,…

How the Philosophers did the fermentation of their Stone in regards to its QUALITY ?

Back to top Go down
Schmildvich

Schmildvich

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2017-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 9:30 am

Traveller wrote:
Schmeldvich wrote:

I want to give this answer by asking you a question,…

How the Philosophers did the fermentation of their Stone in regards to its QUALITY ?

I don't know
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: galubers salt of the art   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 11:52 am

Travller Ammonium Carbonate would not be sal ammoniac Ammonium Chloride would be  so what are we looking for? wich one do we need can you  elaboarate

the talc has come in I ordered
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 am

Sorry I was away for sometime,...

No, according to Glauber the Sal Ammoniac means Ammonium Carbonate. To destroy Gold we need the things as I have instructed in the pdf in the bracket words, if you want to do this work in a right way.

But like all the others who replicated the works of Glauber (there are many) they actually understood “NH4Cl” by this word of Sal Ammoniac, but this is a wrong theory.

If you use Ammonium Carbonate then only in this case you will get a subtle Spirit, as Glauber is making and giving it a name of Spirit of Uriine, and if you use Ammonium Chloride then in place of Spirit you will only get the fumes in the receiver because of the decomposition of Ammonium Chloride into Ammonia (NH3) and Chlorine (Cl2) which will never produce any Spirit.

Peruse, the main purpose of Chlorine is only to “Subtilize or Volatize” the body of Gold but here we are dealing with the “Destruction or Opening” the body of Gold where we only need the “Carbonate and Sulfate”. Our ancient philosophers were very clever they did this “Destruction or Opening” the body of Gold as well as the “Subtilization or Volatilization” of Gold both in one single step by using their secret Agent. But here we are dealing only with an Opening of the body of Gold and then for its Subtlization we will use common Spirit of Wine, as I put the method from the writings of Glauber in the end of the PDF.

Moreover if you come onto chemistry, you can see that there are total 4 ammoniac salts, but only two having the similar formula where the double molecules of Ammonia comes into the formula of each salt, which two salts are (NH4)2CO3, and (NH4)2SO4. That’s exactly what Glauber is doing, after making a spirit from the Carbonate and then converting it into Sulfate (through sulfuric acid). These both Salts having a high importance from the point of view of those, who search on the works of Nature and how minerals evolve form the earth. So only the salts of double amount of ammonia can convert or mingle or change into each other, but in other two salts there is nothing like this, NH4Cl, NH4NO3, so both of them cannot be used in this method.

Now come onto the Alchemy, you can read that how Philosophers made the “Mercury of Gold”, by using the Carbonate (volatile salt of Uriine), as Basilius teaches us in his writings,...

Basilius wrote:
“Mercury of Gold: Take the Gold of a purple color out of which the Sulfur is already extracted, digest it with the following water for a month, then revive it again by driving it through a retort in the neck whereof are to be laid Iron plates. Drive it into a receiver with some water in it and it runs together and becomes a Quick Mercury of Gold.

The Water is Made as Follows: Take Salt of Uriine; of a young man that drinks nothing but Wine and likewise Salt of Tartar and Sal ammoniac, and let all this dissolve into a liquor, which rectify with Sprit of Wine that it become very sweet. This is the Arcanum wherewith the body of Gold is reduced into a running Mercury”.

There he is using the carbonate in two forms first is the Salt of Uriine, and second as Salt of Tartar.

So these two salts (Carbonate and Sulfate) are needed in bringing the destruction of Gold. That’s what exactly Glauber is doing.

But my friend when you are applying your prepared secret Sal Ammoniac on thin leaf of Gold, then be careful as I already put the precautions in the end of the pdf, and as I also cleared here that we are dealing in this first step for the “Destruction or Opening” the body of Gold which may lead to somewhere any fulminate, in which state Gold also loses his metallic form. Or for better use of his secret Sal Ammoniac follow the way of Glauber in the “Short Book of Dialogues”, where he used Nitric acid as a medium b/w his secret Salt and Gold, and make a red glass of Gold in the end.

Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 11:50 am

Up date Ok the \"philosophical dew\" has been distilled from the talc and now Im left with 1/4 of what i started with the talc kept the most of flem letting the most airy and most penatrating spirt to come over.. I need to go back and read the PDF to see where to take it from here.

will keep you updated.

Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 11:14 am

The distilling is done very little \"philosophical dew\" left over but did end up with a nice white salt in the bottom of the retort this was saved travller The PDF is some what vague on what to do next should I bring the two together to try and produce the alkalest ?

Alkem
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 am

Alkem wrote:
The distilling is done of very little uriine left over but did end up with a nice white salt in the bottom of the retort this was saved.

You distill Uriine but with what ?

Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: salt of the art   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 am

it was the one put over talc and then distilled then re distilled it will not dissolve gold maybe zinc carbanote would be better to use ?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 12:17 pm

We can’t use simply Zinc Carbonate because Calaminaris is something different, so you have to purchase the right Mineral, and when you distilled Uriine from the Talc then after getting the volatile Spirit, did you put it into the Sulfuric acid for making the secret Sal Ammoniac of Glauber. Because then in this last state of Salt, it will work on Gold.

I still have something missing and waiting for it, then I will also practice this work.

Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: salt of the art   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 12:32 pm

thats what I for got to do i just took care of that after reading your post should start showing something here real soon

Thanks will let you know what happens
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:22 am

Ok the sulphric acid was added to the \"philosophical dew\" and it produced a milky white
fluid but over time it has changed to a redish brown I tried to get a picture but every time I move the bottle the it dissaipates back into the \"philosophical dew\" I'm trying to isolate it right now.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 11:14 am

You need to volatilize the sulfuric acid to get the secret Sal Ammoniac of Glauber, otherwise you will not able to collect it.

This thing is mentioned in the PDF by Glauber.

I am finishing some very important files from the writings of Paracelsus, and then I will also join you and replicate this work very soon.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 am

hi dear traveler when you say:

You need to volatilize the sulfuric acid to get the secret Sal Ammoniac of Glauber, otherwise you will not able to collect it.

OK
SO what exactly do you mean to say it must be done to volatize sulfuric acid ? to get the secret Sal Ammoniac of Glauber ?
What process and what temperature do you use to do this in complete safety?
your advice about it ?

very thanks

my best regard alex br

2 what are the relations between this secret Sal Ammoniac of Glauber ? and the spiritus wines philosphici ?
can explain in depth the S.V.P. Spiritus Vines Philosophici?
and the relation of SVP and the circulatus minus of urbiger ?

very thanks

hi dear traveller quando tu dici

You need to volatilize the sulfuric acid to get the secret Sal Ammoniac of Glauber, otherwise you will not able to collect it.[/i]

cosa esattamente intendi dire che deve essere fatto ?per volatilizzare l'acido solforico ? tu che processo e che temperature consiglu di usare per fare cio in completa sicurezza ?

come è meglio operare per fare cio toui consigli ?

my best regard alexbr

2 quali sono le relazioni tra questo sale segreto di glauber e lo spiritus vini philosphici ?ci puoi spiegare a fondo lo spiritus vini philosophic ?

e quale p la relazione tra lo SVP e il circolato minus di urbiger

very thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glauber's "The Salt of Art"   Glauber's "The Salt of Art" - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glauber's "The Salt of Art"
Page 13 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next