The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dew Collection Methods

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dew Collection Methods Empty
PostSubject: Dew Collection Methods   Dew Collection Methods Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:20 am

Since it is still snowing here in VA and I can't seem to find a night that doesn't drop below freezing I'm doing some creative collecting.

Snow-Dew collection
I collected some overnight snow precipitation into a glass vessel then put it into the freezer to wait till there is a night that stays above freezing. Then I'll put that frozen vessel into the dewy night air and collect the condensation that way, instead of using a plastic bag with ice.
Dew Collection Methods L_7d575b706ce6494c8aef83b26af7e045
If there is a serious flaw in my plan, or if you live in a region where it probably won't thaw till late March. Comment here. Exclamation
Back to top Go down

Dew Collection Methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dew Collection Methods   Dew Collection Methods Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:49 pm

I don't see why your method won't work, but you should check out the dew collecting thread. We already have a thread for that. It's here at this link http://www.lost-academy.com/practical-alchemy-f1/dew-collection-method-t23.htm Also, my cousin and I used a 16 pound bag of ice that only cost $1.50. That by far has been the most successful method. We managed to get over 1 liter of dew in one night, and Nick himself said it is possible.
Back to top Go down

Dew Collection Methods
Page 1 of 1