The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to distill dew to make Alkahest

Go down 
+3
Hyramposey
auggie
Zosimo
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

How to distill dew to make Alkahest Empty
PostSubject: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Hello everyone

I decided to create this topic specially for this process , and I ask everyone only to Write about this process .. please

I could not get copy of RAMS . so i hope if people will find this process Nick was talking about dew distillation will be shared here.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:43 am

Dear Spilo,
Fr. Nick is right when ask us to be more concentrated.
Instead of produce new forum subjects, like sometimes I do, or to ask where we can buy the moon like somebody does, may be is better to use those subjects that are still working.
Go in the other subject about distillation craeted by Luce7.
Give a look.

Blessings.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:20 am

I created this topic to discuss only one process and not to mass up with other process and ideas,

If Nick decides he will remove this topic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:50 pm

I agree with you Spilo that this topic should have its own thread, but I think it was also begun by Luce at Distillation & the Salt/ Dew Process
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Yes but This path i only with dew no salt. Thats what Nick said ...
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:47 pm

You are correct "Spilo" ( no sea salt needed ) with Rusenstein method just boil the dew or rain-water or snow put it in a wooden barrel let it stink & decay ( for approx 5 weeks ) ...Boiling lets it decay more easily and gives a greater volume of spirit . Then pour it into a flask and boil off the spiritum. Let the phlegm evaporate and pour the spirit over the remaining materia. Leave it to stand for 24 hrs. well-sealed in a warm place. Then filter it.. At this point you now have your alchahest medicine . and you can either quit, and just become healthy & spiritual or continue on to the Metallic phase .
Spilo .I ordered 2 copys of the Ruesenstein pamphlet . give me your full & Accurate mailing address and i will send you a copy as soon as i can.( Mine havent arrived yet)..when you say you cannot get the R.A.M. c/d's for example : did you mean that you cannot afford them or are you censored or prevented from acquireing them ? Auggie
Back to top Go down
Hyramposey

Hyramposey

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am

Auggie,

How long do you boil the dew, and is it important for it to puetrefy in a wooden barrel, or could it be sealed in a flask and let it puetrefy?

I would love to trade you one of my music CDs for a copy of the process..........I'm at: fiddle1@att.net

Blessings,

Hyram farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HyramPosey

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 4:46 am

Auggie

it's ok my friend i found out how to order CD's thanks...
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm very glad to hear that spilo.. Rusenstein said that you could use earthenware unglazed or wine barrels with little planks placed across the top I think it needs to breath a little bit ,I'm leaning towards wine barrels you can get wine barrel halfs from plant nursury's for about 35.00 and you can get small wine barrels un-used from 40.00 to 125.00 depending on the size {just google it..} just make sure the barrel is not painted with creosote or some other nasty chemical.
As far as how long you boil it ? so far all i can find is { A good long time } Ruesenstein said that the nastier the water gets the more powerful . he said to pour it into a kettle worms and all ( thread worms) (google it) and mosquito larve prior to boiling it so i guess your breaking down any protein or vegetable matter which he claims concentrates the stuff that were after.. Auggie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:13 am

auggie

yes but i dont realy get it what the " Boil " meeans.. do you just boil the dew like you boil water for a tea , if its so everything will eveperate with the steam. Question

meny thanks...
Back to top Go down
bonifaesh

bonifaesh

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: attempts   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm working on something of this nature; I've got dew I've fermented for a while with some rain water. After leaving it out for a while (near a month) it had become a yellow color, also some insects got in it and passed on while attempting to indulge or perhaps swim in the liquid. The yellow color may be due to pollen from the early summer.
Anyway, after having filtered it I'm now distilling about 500ml in parts at low temperature and will let you know how it goes. I didn't boil the whole mixture so that may change the result. As it is I've been distilling at balneo so it takes a while.

There is also a sample I will work on with extra nitre in it (from a cold pack) in case that is beneficial to the process.

Anyway, happy to hear you are working on this type of the process.

Also, regarding the previous post, if you boil the dew and have a condenser and distillation train to collect the steam then you can then recombine the liquids for the fermentation. If not then maybe boiling briefly with a glass pot and a cover might work. Boiling will probably change or break down some of the things in the dew, perhaps that makes the fermentation part of the process work faster. I don't know if boiling is entirely necessary for this particular method of distillation to work but I gather we shall see if we experiment with it a bit.

Hope you are all well,

Bill
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:00 pm

hello Bonifaesh.. I'm glad your adding Nitre to one of your experiments .. Ive been thinking of that too.. Bartlett in the book "real alchemy" pg. 72 mentions Nitre or (salt of dew) or Ammonium Nitrate as being importaint.But Its difficult to get now since you know what... He says that rainwater contains approx. 1/2 to 4 grams per ton of typical rainwater . Iwish i knew more about chemistry he alsoi mentions sal ammoniac in the same breath as Ammonium Nitrate as if you can create one from the other ? If so , Then you an buy Sal ammoniac tinning blocks 1/4 lb for $5.00 each from ( Warner stained glass co.) Anyway good luck Auggie
Back to top Go down
bonifaesh

bonifaesh

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: nitre   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi Auggie,

The ammonium nitrate can also be gotten from cold packs in small quantities. These are generally used for sports injuries and are widely available in convenience stores in the US. I'm not sure if these products are as common in other areas.

It's neat to work with and it dissolves quickly, but once dissolved it's hard to get the water to evaporate off it. I had the dew with the nitre sitting in it in an open pyrex pan for a month or so and it wouldn't evaporate, so it's kind of a neat way to keep the liquid exposed to open air.
I think it would be a very useful way to keep dew or rainwater exposed to moonlight over long periods of time because the water won't evaporate off.

I did mix my nitre dew with some other fermented dew that had been sealed up so as to ensure the essential vapors were present for the distillation (I'm not sure if keeping the dew exposed to the air caused some of the needed elements to evaporate and others to remain behind).

Hope this helps :-)

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:57 am

I have been distilling the same jar of rainwater for 3 days and it has changed. I have no clue what is going on. I started with a pint and only about 1/3 has gone over. I have been turning it off at night too. But it is VERY cloudy and I can see the material that is causing it to become cloudy. Anyone have any ideas. To the left is the original rainwater.

[img]How to distill dew to make Alkahest Img_2911[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Goatz,

the longer you evaporate/destill the more concentrated the rest becomes. It's all about salt. I guess nitre salts. Boiling before destillation is absolute necessary as Nick in his book and Gualdo say.

Spilo: boiling means to heat up a liquid to boiling point and simmer it to evaporate liquid in order to concentrate the salts. Either openly or in a destillation system. Putrification is a decaying process. Look it up in wikipedia they say it is supposed to be done under withdrawal of oxygen like fermetation.

The idea of boiling the dew/rainwater is I guess: 1. to make the dew sterile (kill the microorganisms) in order that the liquid can rot better and 2. to concentrate the nitre salts in it.

Frank
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:18 pm

I have boiled 1 l of dew down to 500 ml and then putrified it in a glass container with 5 old twigs which coloured the dew brown immediately (that was a mistake) for 42 days. After destilling the spirit off and evaporating the phlegm from the caput mort. I poured the spirit over the salts of the caput mort. Left it for 24 hours in an incubator at 45 °C and filtered off the faeces. Then I put a small nugget in 6 times the liquid and in the incubator at 45°C again. After 24 hours the result is like Auggie's it has not dissolved.

What went wrong? Any ideas?

Frank
scratch

Last edited by Frank on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:38 pm

...For what I know
1) the nugget: use leaves, flakes or calx auri
2) you should distill etc. at least for 3 to 10 times: it means that if you eliminate even the first flegm, and not only the last, you should have a lot of ▼, _.

But everything depends on the quality of your ▼: Fr. Nick explained very well the sponge matter and you're an expert too.
Go west!

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:29 am

You need to purify the salt much better as is described in my book. And you need to then treat the salt with the dew spirit by repeated evaporations.

I also forgot to add the part about treating the salt with distilled rain water also, just the same way as you do with the dew spirit. And I forgot to add the part about boiling away the first 3/4 of the dew, then letting it sit in a closed container for at least a month so that white spongy material can grow.

Follow the instructions for the method I wrote myself in chapter 3 of the dew distillations processes.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:39 am

Your final salt should be pure white and clear. It should be liquefied by deliquescence of the morning dew air. If it fails to absorb enough moisture, then add some highly rectified spirit of dew until it liquefies. Add only enough gold leaf so the Alkahest is at least 3 times its weight, then close the flask and heat at 150-200F for several weeks. If nothing happens and no color is extracted from gold (it should either be yellow or green) then your salt may not have the power to dissolve gold in its normal metallic form.

So then dry your salt and use it as the Dry alkahest. Mix an equal weight of the salt with gold leaf or gold hydroxide powder, and makes sure you grind them well together. Then put the powder in a tightly sealed iron crucible (iron pipe with screwed on iron end-caps) and heat so the iron becomes red hot for at least one hour. After the heating is done, let it cool off for 15 minutes, then open the crucible and bang out the gold which should now be a red glass. If it's not fully converted, then grind it to a fine powder with a stone pestle and mortar, and put it back in the crucible, and heat it up again for another hour. Then you should finally get a deep red glass which is water soluble, so you can now mix it into your liquid alkahest and heat the flask in Balneo Mary for 3 months, and it should go through all the color changes, and end with a more beautiful color than before, and should now be the medicine of the 1st Order, able to transmute 10 to 13 times it's weight of lead or mercury to gold.

Then of course you can repeat the multiplications, using an equal weight of fresh dew salt with the powdered Stone, and with each processing of your Stone, it will take less time to reach the end of the digestion, eventually only taking a few days to complete. Then when you get far enough in multiplication of the power, there will come the day you see your stone glow and shine by its own light.

I pray for the time when I see many people posting photos of their glowing stone here on this forum, and happiness will fill the hearts of everyone. Those days are fast approaching my friends...
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:02 am

∴N.D.C∴ said: It's possible to distill water at any temperature that makes the water evaporate.
(…)
But using a condenser, a temperature of 150F (68°C) is plenty high enough to distill the most delicate and volatile spirit of the dew in a few hours time.

Well: there’s any reason to heat the dew strongly to have in less time the results ?
Distilling at 68°C my dew it takes, for 5oo ml, five days. I think it’s a lot of time or I’m wrong?

∴N.D.C∴ said: I also forgot to add the part about treating the salt with distilled rain water also, just the same way as you do with the dew spirit.

In the third method of your book - the your’s & mutus liber – you indeed wrote at least three times “Powder the dried material, then dissolve it in the distilled water”. Or you’re now writing about another moment of this path?

∴N.D.C∴ said: Those days are fast approaching my friends...

In my city we say in slang: "scuress l'Enzel" that means "the Angel is talking" just to say "bless you".
And thank you.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks Nick !

Your advice is very appreciated. I am wondering whether I should continue with my 500 ml of dew with your Method 3 in your book. The salt would probably be too little. Or should I rather take the 4 liters (more than a gallon)of rainwater I have but it's not collected during a thunderstorm. If I took it only after a thunderstorm I'd probably have the chance only 5 times a year.

∴N.D.C∴ said: I also forgot to add the part about treating the salt with distilled rain water also, just the same way as you do with the dew spirit.

Zosimo and me are not sure what exactly you mean by that . Would you explain?

Frank
scratch
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:21 pm

When you have the dew salt purified, you then dissolve it in distilled dew spirit and evaporate the water repeatedly. The same thing should be done with distilled rain water, so the dew will be charged with aspects of both the Solar and Lunar principles.

The rain water should be allowed to absorb strong direct sunlight by placing it in an open bowl outside for an hour each day from 11:30 to 12:30 in the summer time. Glass reflects most of the ultraviolet light and doesn't allow enough to get through, so you can't just leave the water in a flask and set it outside -- it needs to be directly exposed to the light.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:37 am

When the spirit stopped going over is when it began to turn white. It boiled for 4 days and turned white 2 days into it but nothing else had gone over in over a day before that, so it is not just concentration. I could see the substance after 2 days but now it has become more intermingled.
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 am

Hello Nick,
Just a quick question about the white spongy clouds in the distilled water i'm only just starting to see them in the water i've distilled but its only because i've decided to do 10 liters or so of dew and its taken so long to distill over that amount of water.
Are these also added into the mix with the brown spongy material on the second distill (out of the 10)? i have 2 liters to go before the book says to pour back the distilled water into the salt, do i have to wait 1 month after i distill the lot over, before i can pour it back onto itself so that this white material can be at maximum growth? is there anything i have to do with this distilled white spongy material before i put it back onto the salt? do i distill this already distilled water into a separate container to concentrate the white before adding it back onto the brown?

Phillip reed cheers
Back to top Go down
https://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi Everyone,
This is my first official post beyond my introduction. It has been fun watching all of you, have absorbed alot. There is definetely a huge learning curve! As I really got into the site, the Winter was coming, probably got the last Dew of the season. So I grabbed a plastic jug and cut the top off and went out early scooping the grass, trees, bushes and any living green.

I filtered the bugs and twigs out and sealed it and let it sit, for Ph. Month.
Being a beginner, I've got much trial and error, to go but... and as for proper equipment - it will come. So bear with my humble beginnings!

[img]How to distill dew to make Alkahest Set-up[/img]

So I used whatever I could "McGuyver" together, I wanted the practice.
Using PVC Tubing works but I wonder about possible BPA contamination, especially for Dew to injest.

[img]How to distill dew to make Alkahest Set-up[/img]

At first I wasn't filtering out the fixed salt and precipitate, then realized I should be... wow that really reduces the starting quanity.

[img]How to distill dew to make Alkahest Salts[/img]

Oh by the way, wasn't sure if my system should have been air-tight, but since I did not have a proper condenser and no Lutem, I used my sons'
Play-Doh, which worked great - flexible and goes hard - good for only
low pressure.

[img]How to distill dew to make Alkahest Play-DohasLutem[/img]

Finally, 7 cycles, you sure invest yourself.

[img]How to distill dew to make Alkahest Results[/img]

So there we go, my first attempt. I've learned how I do want proper equipment when the first Dew arrives here in Ontario. And I need way
more Dew, I began with about 200 ML, ended with maybe 40 ML.

[img]How to distill dew to make Alkahest TheShelf[/img]

Now my question is... What are these Droplets on the side of the
beaker? They look like Spirit but act kinda of like an Oil. When shaken it reunites but needs to be shaken many times and none of my other spirits have done this.

P.S. Nick, why does the Salt get sweeter and sweeter smelling?

All best to practitioners sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to distill dew to make Alkahest   How to distill dew to make Alkahest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to distill dew to make Alkahest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next