The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Test for the Stone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

A Test for the Stone Empty
PostSubject: A Test for the Stone   A Test for the Stone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 am

Since ingesting the stone can be very dangerous, it would be helpful to devise a test that would asses what order our stone is at. A standard that we could use to measure out dosages. I was thinking if you supposed your stone was on the first order you could transmute with two or three times the amount of metal it is supposed to handle and then having that metal assayed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Test for the Stone   A Test for the Stone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Bluefloor,

You might also want to try weighing your stone on a very analytical balance. At my lab job I weighed a certain philosophical stone which I made and noticed that it's weight was not constant but constantly fluctuating up and down with seemingly no predictability on the order of hundredths of a gram. It's just a guess, but maybe this non-locality of mass is a property which increases as the multiplication goes up. It's one thing that I plan on studying more and maybe could be used as a test.
Back to top Go down
goatz

goatz

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A Test for the Stone   A Test for the Stone Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Measure the volume of the stone. Cast onto a great quantity of lead. Measure the amount of Au that exists. Calculate volume of Au. and divide this by the mass of the stone. Example 17500:1. This gives you the a general level. Compare to other recommended dosages based on strength to trans. Au. Take X drops or dilute in X ml wine and take X drops. Thought this up the other day just hadn't gotten around to posting it. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: A Test for the Stone   A Test for the Stone Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:36 pm

The Stone of the 1st Order is the stone multiplied one time, and it transmutes 10 times its weight of lead to gold. The unmultiplied stone doesn't transmute the metals enough to be easily measurable, and its medicinal properties are too weak anyway.

I don't know why you posted this question as if its some kind of mystery. The way the stone is tested has always been through a simple transmutation test.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Glass of gold or silver or the stone 1st Order   A Test for the Stone Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:41 am

NDC wrote:
The Stone of the 1st Order is the stone multiplied one time, and it transmutes 10 times its weight of lead to gold. The unmultiplied stone doesn't transmute the metals enough to be easily measurable, and its medicinal properties are too weak anyway.

I don't know why you posted this question as if its some kind of mystery. The way the stone is tested has always been through a simple transmutation test.

Dear Nik in the post of the Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:49 subject Question on the Second Method on the glass with gold or silver or the philosopher's stone of the first-order and Elixir

You say verbatim :

"Now I'm out of the elixir and although I've been able to produce plenty of the salts with no problem, I haven't been able to produce a salt that actually does something to the gold. And that's what gets frustrating. That's one of the reason's I'm not worried about revealing the book to the general public in a TV commercial because you have to keep trying and have faith that eventually you will open that crucible and find a red glass inside instead of the normal gold"

accordingly to what you wrote I want to ask :

If you can make the glass with gold or silver with crystals of dew,rain or GW put in fusion in crucible sealed to the red hot for one hour NOW! these glasses obtained with gold or silver is it the Elixir IF also these glasses with gold or silver can not transmute the metals ?
If so, what should be the test for to see if these glasses with gold or silver can be used as Elixir ?

( Please excuse my english as it not my mother tongue ).

My best regards
thanks for all Alexbr
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: A Test for the Stone   A Test for the Stone Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 am

The glasses from the metals are the Philosopher's Stone, and yes the transmute the metals.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Glass of gold or silver or the stone 1st Order   A Test for the Stone Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 am

NDC wrote:
The glasses from the metals are the Philosopher's Stone, and yes the transmute the metals.

Very sorry _ nick

your post of the
Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:49 subject Question on the Second Method yuo tell :

"I'm out of the elixir and although I've been able to produce plenty of the salts with no problem, I haven't been able to produce a salt that actually does something to the gold. And that's what gets frustrating"

Very sorry _ nick perhaps you have not understood my question.
Does the salt you have made easily but does nothing to the gold, can this salt still be used like Elixir ?.

( Please excuse my english as it not my mother tongue ).

My best regards

thanks for all Alexbr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Test for the Stone   A Test for the Stone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Test for the Stone
Page 1 of 1