The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TRUE ALCHEMY

Go down 
+4
Pray
cocojambo
bluefloor
artephius
8 posters
AuthorMessage
artephius

artephius

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-01-16

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 12:53 pm

I subscribe this forum some time ago and what I have seen here it is discuss "recipes".
Excuse me but IMHO why we don't talk about the classic or modern alchemy paths described in the books of well known alchemists as Roger Caro, Valentine, Lull, Albert, Great, Philalethes, Cyliani, Flamel and many others?
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 pm

With the absence of our leader, Nick, we are trying to regroup. I think the members here are focussing on several paths, some of them are related to Nick's work. Nick claimed to have success in several paths and that is one good reason people pey attention to those and would like to invenstigate.

But if you have a path connected to a great alchemist that you would like to talk about go ahead. If it gets intrest it gets intrest.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:47 pm

But also remember and I will say again what Nick said. He mostly only alowed discussion of his methods from his books *or* other methods that people have actually tried or know someone who has tried with success.

Discussion and learning is good. The above are the basic rules Nick layed out here (you can read them on the front page). And his reasons for this was he wanted this place to be a place of work and to stay focussed on the paths that he himself knew worked, or the poster themselves had worked and found succesful.

Another reason for this is if we use this place to discuss every path out there we will end up just discussing many paths spiraling around and not working.

Again keep in mind we are regrouping and I am just telling how Nick wanted it and why.
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2013-01-09

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Dear leader is gone!
pale 
Sorry, I had to.

I think leader might be a slightly off choice of words there lol...
Guide might be better. Subtle difference.
TRUE ALCHEMY ZPq2lRM

Quote :
Another reason for this is if we use this place to discuss every path out there we will end up just discussing many paths spiraling around and not working.
+
Back to top Go down
artephius

artephius

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-01-16

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Ok, I sugest the discuss the Albertus MAGNUS "Compound of Compounds" path try make the "Third Water Prepared by Means of Mercury Sublimate".IMO it is very interesting.
"After the putrefaction, the distillation, the clarification, it is pure and very perfect. Free from every volatile, superfluous and corrosive principle. It is not a water which consumes, it does not dissolve the bodies but reduces them to Mercury."

http://www.rexresearch.com/alchemy3/magncomp.htm
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:38 pm

--
Back to top Go down
ShaderZ

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-05-25

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Nick the Leader?    TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:23 pm

bluefloor wrote:
With the absence of our leader, Nick, we are trying to regroup.  I think the members here are focussing on several paths, some of them are related to Nick's work.  Nick claimed to have success in several paths and that is one good reason people pey attention to those and would like to invenstigate.  

But if you have a path connected to a great alchemist that you would like to talk about go ahead.  If it gets intrest it gets intrest.

What happened to Nick? Forgive me but im new to the forums and was wondering if he's gone or just away.
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:59 pm

Nick, the creator of this forum, passed away.
Back to top Go down
ShaderZ

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-05-25

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 8:26 am

Im sorry to hear that. Sad
Back to top Go down
Datakast

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-08-18

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Nicholas means victory over people and with his work he tested and proved the difficult balance necessary for lifelong alchemy... Who is running the publishing and website for alchemy?
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:31 pm

"bluefloor" is the mod here
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 8:26 pm

I say that we shouldn't have a new leader because doing so tends to make people lazy by relying on someone else's knowledge rather than actually practicing first hand. I say that the loss of Nick only means we have to experiment and study more. It also means we should be more persistent in helpping one another out.

Until such time as we rediscover the alchemical gift which Nick had intended to give to the world, we are all equals as far as I'm concerned. Those here who knew Nick personally know how he would have his place of learning maintained. So for this reason alone our senior members (Especially Bluefloor) deserve nothng but utmost respect by virtue of their experience and seniority.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TRUE ALCHEMY Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUE ALCHEMY   TRUE ALCHEMY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRUE ALCHEMY
Page 1 of 1