The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spirit of Tartar

Go down 
+11
kevinpaw123
Kirk
yeshua
phillip_reed
delphinny
Felix_Madhouse
Hyramposey
Zosimo
auggie
trueKabbalist
NDC
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Master Bardon was supposed to be Hermes Trismegistos in a former Incarnation.

According to him is Alchemy the 4th column of Magick.

Frank

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:09 am

I just read a really amazing text in Mineral Alchemy Vol 4... on the last pages there is a text called Chemical Moonlight, translated by S. Bacstrom. He also has a few amazing blueprints for really great dew apparatus. Very clear on the dew path.. By the way, he does not use salt. The brown stuff some forum members get when distilling dew is the salt, the niter. He explains that this salt should melt like wax on a hot plate when it is ready.
Can't wait to start working on this one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:28 am

Now I also understand WHY the elixir made from dew IS the universal medicine...
You can really learn a lot from Jean Dubuis. If you have the money to buy his courses, you should buy it. If you liked RAMS, then you will LOVE this.

http://www.triad-publishing.com/cgi-bin/softcart.exe/Store/p-CD-ALL.html?L+scstore+rprr4187ff003700+1247213452

I am really excited about learning so much about alchemy. Nick, thank you for setting up this forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: You can download the coarse here   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:51 am

if you want Dubuis, Jean books then follow the instructions

go to utorrent.com and DL utorrent client and install

then go to;
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/63703205/Dubuis%2C+Jean?tab=summary
click download and
open with utorrent

if your worried that your going to get in trouble, you are not
if your still unsure dL and install peerguardian2 and tor vidalia bundle they are free and legal
there are like 5GB worth of alchemy books except the RAMS library
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:53 pm

goatz wrote:
if you want Dubuis, Jean books then follow the instructions

go to utorrent.com and DL utorrent client and install

then go to;
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/63703205/Dubuis%2C+Jean?tab=summary
click download and
open with utorrent

if your worried that your going to get in trouble, you are not
if your still unsure dL and install peerguardian2 and tor vidalia bundle they are free and legal
there are like 5GB worth of alchemy books except the RAMS library

Someone went and converted these very valuable pdf files into searchable text using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology.

Download link: http://rapidshare.de/files/47813147/Jean_Dubuis__Alchemy_Course__pdf___ocr_.zip.html

Enjoy! Wink
Back to top Go down
Hyramposey

Hyramposey

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 2:06 am

Greetings,

Source for Pearl Ash or Potassium Carbonate- http://www.soapgoods.com/Potassium-Carbonate-p-719.html?OVRAW=potassium%20carbonate&OVKEY=potassium%20carbonate&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=22757301521&OVKWID=205951257021 cheers (Cheap too).

Hope everyones projects are progressing along!

Blessings,

Hyram farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HyramPosey
Felix_Madhouse

Felix_Madhouse

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:26 pm

just skimming through all the different topics in the forum, an interesting question dawned on me to ask.

this alkahest from tartar, by itself, has not been shown to completly dissolve gold yet. it seems to me the there are a few important steps that seemed to have been looked over. it's true that the spirit of tarter can dissolve a sulphur, but has been noted that the sulfur and salt can also be used as medicines. shouldn't the goal in mind, at the point of being in possession of the salt, sulphur, and spirit of tartar, be to unify the 3? it seems to me that each part of the end results are good for something, so why not bring about a union of the 3? it only seems logical to me.

and also, has anyone thought about using this spirit of tartar on something besides gold? i was reading what nick wrote in another topic about making a stone from human blood, and started wondering; could this be a shortcut for the creation of a stone? it's said that this alkahest is very important, but will not make a stone from gold. so what effect would it have on other substances, such as blood? or different herbs?

also, apparently once the alkahest was dissolved off of the sulphur, a red salt remained. what happened to the black matter? i feel very strongly that this path has a lot more possibilities that aren't being explored, but as much as i would like to do the work myself, i have no place of residence, no money, and have just hitchhiked from eugene oregon to chico california with a rucksack already too heavy, and a black bag filled with mason jars of dew and jars of zinc acetate. still need a distillation system. i'll be getting a residence soon hopefully, i'm going gold panning when my foodstamps come in, and as soon as i'm indoors, i'm dedicating all of my time furthering my own experience with alchemy and bringing a lot of new ideas into the pictures. until then, all i can really do is read the forum and write down ideas and thoughts as they come to me.

nick, would you prefer that i read to myself and just don't post until i am actually doing experiments myself? i don't want to be putting up things that are unnecessary that just waste yours and everyone else's time, and while, to me, the ideas i present are important, i know that to others they are only theory and speculation and not experience, and therefore not of great significance. please be direct and honest.

love and light, brightest blessings-
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:41 pm

A couple things that are important to realize here:

First, remember that in the short path in Ruesenstein's work, even with using the true Alkahest from dew, there remained behind a black matter after dissolving the gold for 24 hours. And he assures us the black matter is useless and can be discarded. I'm not sure he was 100% correct in assuming the black gold is useless because in other processes I've read of what you do with that 'caput mortum', and since Rusenstein made up that work himself, maybe he was just assuming the black gold was worthless. But on the other hand, he may be writing from a wealth of correct knowledge he learned from working with gold, and he might be right.

Second, the tartar path is more like the acetate path than anything else, because it obtains it's spirit by the destructive dry distillation of a compound. And you certainly wouldn't take the distilled spirit you obtain from dry distillation of zinc acetate and mix that back with the left of zinc ashes. Likewise, there is no point in mixing the distilled spirit of tartar back with the potassium carbonate ashes. This isn't like plant alchemy, you can't just mix salt, spirit, and sulphur and obtain a stone.

To make a stone using the Tartar Alkahest, you just treat it like dew and perform all the steps of the Ruesenstein path. Likewise for the Alkahest you obtain from zinc acetate. They will both produces stones and elixirs from the metals, but they will lack the spiritual effects that only the dew Alkahest can give the stone/elixir.

And unlike the dew Alkahest, you can't produce a stone soley from Tartar or from Zinc acetate. With zinc, you might assume it would be possible to produce a 'zinc stone' at least, but that metal doesn't work for making a philosopher's stone. Only copper, silver, gold, antimony, mercury, and the precious metals can be used to make stones (and also bismuth as the heaviest, and therefor consequently the brightest and most breathtaking stone when multiplied past the 7th degree).
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:10 am

Quote :
Second, the tartar path is more like the acetate path than anything else, because it obtains it's spirit by the destructive dry distillation of a compound. And you certainly wouldn't take the distilled spirit you obtain from dry distillation of zinc acetate and mix that back with the left of zinc ashes. Likewise, there is no point in mixing the distilled spirit of tartar back with the potassium carbonate ashes. This isn't like plant alchemy, you can't just mix salt, spirit, and sulphur and obtain a stone.

I agree that the path is similar to the acetate. It produces also a smoke that is behaving very similar to the one produced by the acetate path.
But the idea to mix the spirit with the caput mortum may have some truth in it. I have read a process in the RAMS collection (from baron von Welling if I remember well) where the Spirit is mixed with the blue salt of tartar and makes a red stone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:42 am

Quote :
I just read a really amazing text in Mineral Alchemy Vol 4... on the last pages there is a text called Chemical Moonlight, translated by S. Bacstrom. He also has a few amazing blueprints for really great dew apparatus. Very clear on the dew path.. By the way, he does not use salt. The brown stuff some forum members get when distilling dew is the salt, the niter. He explains that this salt should melt like wax on a hot plate when it is ready.
Can't wait to start working on this one!

What you say here is true, thanks for shedding light to those recipes!

I read those carefully. This salt seems to be the undetermined fire Surprised. I knew sth strange was going on with this salt, it shouldn't appear itself there! I think now that we just have to solve and coagulate somehow this salt (not the sea salt!) in order to make it fusible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:05 am

Last week I was playing around with some dew and trying some thing out just to see what happens... I took about 40ml of very clean and clear dew and evaporated it under a flame.. I was amazed to see how much "salt" there was even in such a little amount of dew. Then I continued with this and calcined it. It became like a brown earth. Maybe this is the virgin earth the alchemists talk about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:13 am

It sounds like theFool's description of a brown salt?!Maybe you should listen to his advice and try to make this "salt" fusible.

Maybe that is the secret...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:45 am

dejan07 wrote:
Maybe you should listen to his advice and try to make this "salt" fusible.

Maybe that is the secret...

scratch
Sometimes I get the impression that you only trow around theories and strange comments but never actually DO anything with alchemy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 am

Quote :
I took about 40ml of very clean and clear dew and evaporated it under a flame.. I was amazed to see how much "salt" there was even in such a little amount of dew. Then I continued with this and calcined it. It became like a brown earth.
In your position I would check the brown stuff for magnetic properties. Scratch some of it and use strong magnet or better, put a nail with pointed edge on your magnet. The condensation of the magnetic field at the edge of the nail can magnify a lot its attracting power.

I have seen sth similar when I evaporated some water coming from an air dehumidifier. It gave a grey salt in small amounts, I don't know if it can be calcined to brown (yet).

Quote :
It sounds like theFool's description of a brown salt?
I 've seen a brown salt when mixing dew with sea salt. It could be the same with this or not. That's why I wonder if this salt made by jairo is magnetic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:33 pm

I poured e few drops of dew in it again, let it stand a few days and evaporated it again today. Maybe its just my idea, but I think it looks a bit lighter then before... to me it looks more gray color now..
anyway, i tested it for magnetic properties with the (magnetic) tip of a screwdriver.. but nothing..

I'm collecting about 100ml of dew/night...
saving it to try the Bacstrom Moonlight method..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:56 pm

Quote :
i tested it for magnetic properties with the (magnetic) tip of a screwdriver.

Use a rare earth magnet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:58 am

Quote :
Use a rare earth magnet.

Right, they are much stronger.

I just found my grey salt to be magnetic, I'm sure you 'll observe it too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:34 am

theFool wrote:
Quote :
Use a rare earth magnet.

Right, they are much stronger.

I just found my grey salt to be magnetic, I'm sure you 'll observe it too.

What is the importance of it being magnetic (or not)? Does it make any difference?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:15 am

Quote :
What is the importance of it being magnetic (or not)? Does it make any difference?
I don't know of its importance, it is just a scientific curiosity. I would like to see someone else to confirm it so that I'm 100% sure that it is not some kind of error from my side.

A physicist or chemist could make a lot of discoveries trying to explain this strange behavior. I mean, the air is not full of iron or other magnetic metals, so what is this thing? Isn't anyone here curious to test the material spectroscopically especially if it behaves magnetically also? I'm sure there are a lot of surprises hidden for our science there. And even if we are successful into making useful things out of it, shouldn't we one day explain scientifically how all those "miracles" are possible?
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:03 am

hello all, just curious.. where do you buy crude tartar?

thanks!
Adam
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:37 am

hello adam,
if you knew alchemy like the forum asks you to be before you joined, you'd know already where to get it and not ask silly questions, google it, but just in case you slipped and wrote before you thought about it, tartar cames from any grocery store under cream of tartar.

Last edited by phillip_reed on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Yes and cream of tartar does indeed produce the smoke. I've tested it and witnessed it myself. haven't condensed it yet. I want to try to use a variation of the device nick showed on the old website where he used copper tubing in a corked mason jar. I have a few processes I've going. Currently I'm testing a way to make an even stronger alkahest/medicine from tartar. Its perfect for me because my body is in need of repair, I need a strong medice. Experiementing with its alkahest will also prove to be quite the experience.
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:53 pm

a million thank yous my friend

Adam

phillip_reed wrote:
phillip reed wrote:
hello adam,
if you knew alchemy like the forum asks you to be before you joined, you'd know already where to get it and not ask silly questions, google it, but just in case you slipped and wrote before you thought about it, tartar cames from any grocery store under cream of tartar.
Back to top Go down
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm into the medicine of tartar right now. I've been trying this method out lately. I first tried to glue and tape together plastics and copper tubes to metal containers and tea kettles I had no use for but the white smoke always escaped. Now I'm using a glass jar with a cork and a copper tube like the one on the old website. Distillation started and went smoothly. The phlems dropped out of the tube and later a GREEN LIQUID! I will post pictures of it as soon as I find My camera.

Any clue what it could be? It has the same vulgar odor. Doesn't appear to be an oil. I thought it may have been a reaction with the copper but then it would be blue wouldn't it?. Something simmilar happened when I tried to use stainless steel and a plastic tube but I assumed it was just discoloration.

What kind of disstilation setup is ideal for this kind of experiement? I had thought any kind as long as it was airtight and allowed for pressure release but now I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:56 am

The green color is most certainly coming from the copper. When you dissolve copper in Aqua Regia, it's green. Only when you dissolve it in Nitric acid alone does it turn blue. And when you distill vinegar with copper tubes, it becomes slightly blue or green (I can't remember which one). But yes, copper will make a green color with some acids or solvents of alchemy.

I'm surprised anyone is still interested in messing around with nasty smoke, or any chemical path to the Stone. The morning dew is such a beautifully simple and clean path, I would think everyone would want to go that route. But I guess most people are living in the Northern hemisphere and its winter right now, so no morning dew. I'm sure frost or snow would also work, but it would just take a whole lot more, and perhaps extra exposure to moonlight or sunlight like Peter Riviere's method. I'm hoping dew isn't the only place to find the spirit.

Rain water will work, but it has to be from thunder storms, and those also aren't until the summer.

I'm also convinced I will have success with finding a very simply way to make the crystals from Golden Water without using distillation or evaporation. I really hate that part, and its probably the #1 reason that drives people away from attempting that path.

I wish the precipitant that forms when you add sea salt to the GW would be useful in some way, like if we could simply convert it to a crystal structure using hydrochloric acid. Or then precipitant that forms when you add lime. Or maybe a combination of both of those would do the trick. Or perhaps by removing the bulk of the material from the GW using those 2 methods, it would then be easy to simply evaporate the remaining liquid and have the essential salt required, but I'm thinking there won't be any salt since all the chemicals to form salts have been removed, and instead you will end up with a nasty resin.

The other idea that my imagination has been pondering is the little passage in Stuart Nettleton's alchemy book about making the Star Regulus of antimony using iron filings, powdered stibnite crystals, and potassium chloride salt that was formed by dissolving it in GW and evaporating it. I was reminded of it when I watch Peter Riviere's transmutation video when he was making the antimony regulus, and he used iron filings, then antimony powder & sulfur instead of stibnite, and the 2 salts he made from dew; one from the evaporation of the dew, and one from the distillation of dew with his giant concave mirror focusing the sunlight on the flask to do the distillation. I'm wondering if he put some kind of salt in there before he started the process, because the video showed a good amount of nice clean salt forming during the distillation.

To make a regulus of antimony, you have to have some form of salt, usually a potassium salt like potassium chloride or potassium carbonate. And the dew would not contain the right kind of salt to be used on its own in making the regulus. I wonder if he explains which salts he used when he's speaking in French while putting everything into the crucible.

Someone sent me the entire hour long movie, and he's also gonna see if he can find someone to translate it into English so I can add subtitles. I told him I'd gladly pay to have it translated. I might have to just find some sort of translation service online somewhere; I'm sure something like that has to exist for people who desperately want to watch movies in a different language, or people who make a movie and then need to have it translated into many different languages so it can be shipped world wide.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit of Tartar
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next