The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spirit of Tartar

Go down 
+11
kevinpaw123
Kirk
yeshua
phillip_reed
delphinny
Felix_Madhouse
Hyramposey
Zosimo
auggie
trueKabbalist
NDC
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks nick. I was mostly trying to get the medicine from tartar. It seems a professional distillation setup is necassary for this. However once I can afford that I'll be doing the dew disstillation instead. . I've been collecting dew since May and boiled down 4 litters of dew to about 1 liter and placed it in a 2 liter oak barrel in the middle of november so it should be ready by january for the reusenstein method. I'll take your advice and wait until then. Its been raining alot where I am so dew isn't falling at the moment.
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:27 pm

hey yeshua, that is a lot of dew, how do you collect it?
I tried several times with a bag of ice in a bucket to no avail
although it has been raining here lots too and the temperature
outside has never reached the dew point..I have been tracking
that on http://www.wunderground.com/

Adam
Back to top Go down
yeshua

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Well first I was collecting for a very long time. Almost a year. I believe I started in may but it might have been earlier. I Put out several glass bowls with jars filled with Ice in them each night right after the sun went down and the temperature dropped. Alot of moisture falls aroung then.. I also observed when dew was falling. Such as after a rainstorm all the moisture falls from the sky. Or when the moon has a ring visible around it. Some nights you'll get more than others and it takes alot of patience.

I've recently found that a cotton cloth will collect alot of dew. it needs a bucket under it and a heavy object in the center so the dew will fall towards to bucket. I use a big glass jar as a weight. If you have a large area I'd recommend setting up several cotton sheets like this however they will only work when the dewpoint is extremely high or when there is a low morning fog. Thanks to AB for suggesting this

I haven't tried the bag of ice in a bucket yet. i'll probly try it as the warmer months come. It seems like some moisture should come from it.
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:22 am

Hi Yeshua, I have a professional distillation set-up, is this a process I can help you with?
is it in RAMS? I have bought the RAMS...Also looking for an alchemy/kabbalah teacher this newyears.. Dennis William Hauck's course http://www.alchemyhomestudy.com
but their site is not working right now..Kabbalah I'm trying http://www.modernmysteryschool.com/

Cheers! bounce
Adam

yeshua wrote:
Thanks nick. I was mostly trying to get the medicine from tartar. It seems a professional distillation setup is necassary for this. However once I can afford that I'll be doing the dew disstillation instead. . I've been collecting dew since May and boiled down 4 litters of dew to about 1 liter and placed it in a 2 liter oak barrel in the middle of november so it should be ready by january for the reusenstein method. I'll take your advice and wait until then. Its been raining alot where I am so dew isn't falling at the moment.
Back to top Go down
yeshua

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:52 pm

I have read this process in RAMS in a few different documents. "The Art of Disstillation" was one. Its also in Real Alchemy by Robert Bartlett and its in a few documents on the web. I've tried it a few times with what I have and this smoke will escape through the tiniest openings and its VERY tough to condense it. Its a delecate process and takes a long time. It also is quite nauseating and theres a good chance it could mess up a good disstiller since it is a destructive dry disstillation.. I'm probly sounding too negative. I know of several people who have done it. I bet its easy with the proper equipment and knowlege in distilling, Read as much as you can and you should succeed. Just remember its quite nasty and smelly and could wrek a good setup. But if you get and alkahest and medicine then its worth it.

I appreciate your wanting to help. What kind of setup do you have? If you succeed perhaps we could exchange data.

I currently needa good medicine. Dew isn't falling at the moment and I'm unsure if the dew I've had fermenting in a barrel is ready for the dew disstillation, it seems to lack the white surface growth. So I might try looking into this method again. Its gives both a medice and an alkahest so the white stone can be made which I also very much need. Perhaps you could send me some of the medicine of tartar or like I said above. We could exchange data on the process and help each other succeed. That would be Great!

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Hello, hello, hello...

So once again I'm amazed at the depth of this forum, but I have not seen this thread and have discovered there are more angles to discover.

This past summer I decided to explore the plant kingdom, and use methods which require little actual lab work. Ironically, where we used to live, this one herb used to grow like wild fire, I'd pull it, move it, chop it and even sometimes infuse it for tea. Long before I had discovered this site or began re-reading my books, after putting them down for 5 years: oh... Melissa!!!

Well, I couldn't find Nicks' book after the move ( have since ) and bought the plant and planted it! I didn't take many pics at first but finally did. My process was not really that accurate for the PRIMUM ENS MELISSA, but I did create a Tincture and applied some methods but could have done it differently.

Here in Canada, I could not buy any grain Alcohol and I chose not to create the 'Tartar', eventually found some imported Polish Vodka @76%.
Just a whiff of the stuff... it will evapourate right off your finger.

I took my first harvest, minced it and covered it with the solvent, letting it sit for 40 days in a warm spot. Second harvest, minced it and added to original, adding more liquid and another 40 days (should have been distilling and adding to the new crop, ideally until I reached 4-5 times original volume).

After draining the mass with cheescloth, I dried it and burned off the alcohol with a controlled burn, drying the remainder in the oven @200f.
Once completely dried put it in the BBQ and roasted the black ashes until white.
[img]
Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo1-1[/img]
Taking the Ash and adding minimal distilled water, I heated it and later distilled down until the Salt, which I added to the original Tincture.
[img]
Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo2-1[/img]
Upon mixing it in, using the cheescloth I decided to strain my mercury, hoping to not lose much of the Sulphur upon the cloth. There is a definite oily feel to the rubbing of fingers.
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo3[/img]
So now, having my Tincture, I wonder about reducing it ir just using it the way it is. I could put it into a boiling pot of water without the lid, with this method almost half the alcohol could be removed. I'm not set-up to distill the Alcohol.
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo2[/img]
This camera shot brings a purple hue which I don't see under normal circumstances, it is a nice clear dark green. Above the light it is almost golden
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo1[/img]

As this is not the often prescribed method, at worse it is a tasty tincture. Whether it is simply the Proof%, but a single drop is certainly felt.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome
All the best

PS. Already thinking of next years' crop! study
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:45 am

Kirk,

Congratulations...
Are you making the plant stone out of Melissa?
By the way how are your GW crystals coming along?
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks Kevin,

Not sure if I will take it further or just keep it as a tonic.

It is time to get back to the crystals. No work in that area has taken place as,
'we have had a bun in the oven', and such odors were ferbodin. But all is happy, healthy and clear now, king so I hope to refocus and finish up some work which I had started.

Yourself? Have you been busy?

Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Kirk,

Congratulations on the bun!
Busy yes. I had to laugh at myself... The last batch I was working on blew up! Well blew the stopper off and spewed most of the liquid all over in the shed... yes fortunately that was in the shed! It wasn't a total loss as there was alot of the spirit that was packed in solid form throughout the condenser and the salt was fine as the temp was not high enough to burn it. I had the temp a little too low so the spirit built up inside the column then plugged it then the pressure built up and pop went the weasel! No problem...just filled it back up. The good news is I'll end up with more salts! I'm almost ready to crush the purified salts from the first batch and continue from there.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Thx Kevin,
Its been a blur these past few weeks, little sleep...

So... the cooler weather is wrapping up the growing season, i've been cleaning
out the last of Tomatoes and Herbs, grabbing the last of warm sunshine. The one plant which keeps coming back is our lovely Melissa; she's persistent!

I still had some of the crazy Vodka left and decided to create a winter project.
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo1-2[/img]
This time trying the blender, before I chopped it up with a knife, now the mass is much smaller.(just the leaves)
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo2-2[/img]
I had just enough Vodka to cover the matter, not a fingers worth but heck,
I 'll use what is there. This I will sit atop the water tank in the basement until a philosophical month has passed.
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo3-1[/img]
On the left is some of the Tincture I created last month, this I decided to consume about 10 drops in water. A little mouthwash of sorts, it is certainly strong, not sure if it's just the proof or the pudding! But I have noticed i'm dreaming more and quite vivid ones. Entertaining at least!!

The matrix on the right, I will attempt to create a stone with, God willing.
sunny

warm days to youze guys
afro
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Oh Kevin...

glad to hear of your progress. Good thing you didn't get injured by the explosion, just the glassware cheers
keep us posted on your progress
good-luck
bounce
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi everyone,

From my previous post, there was a pic of a digestion in process. I let it sit until the middle of Nov and began it's treatment. After a cheesecloth filtering, burning off the alcohol and then, baked in the BBQ
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo1-3[/img]
and finished off upon the stove until black became white
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo2-3[/img]
and I might add, the stove was far quicker, but did fill the home with an ashy smell (ah... in crap again!) Smile!
Later mixed it with distilled water and slow boiled for 15 minutes, then filtered and dried through evaporation; the salt remained.
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo2-4[/img]
Certainly not alot but satisfying. They are not white, so maybe I'll repeat the process but the quantity will surely shrink. I'm tempted to go ahead and try to create the Ens Stone, as I have little salt and desire the experience of attempting the stone.

?

winter comes and inquisitive minds go indoors,
Blessings

Last edited by Kirk on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Kirk,

Looks good. After you calcine the residue to white again is that when you will add equal parts of alcohol and melissa oil to the white mass. Are you trying something different. I have pure Melissa oil...perhaps I could send you a small amount if you need some. It's very fiery! I think you have my e-mail...let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:59 am

Kevin,
your post spurred my memory as I, rechecked my notes and realized my steps were out of order! I had not distilled the mercury from the matrix first; was planning to do it now once the plant was removed and reduced to ashes.

I will need to improvise and hope some sulphur can be obtained. As for your offer of the oil, I too have some pure Melissa but wonder about it not being from the original material and also produced upon mass. Though I do have an exellent supplier of essentials.

As well, the salts are not pure white yet, I will put them through another cycle.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:58 am

Kirk,

I read in an earlier post that you are using 76% alcohol. Did you distill it to increase to 95% or higher? It has something with water content. I do hope it still works for you though. By the way how's that bun coming along? I'm looking forward to your future posts. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Kevin,

No, I did not. Haven't distilled Alcohol before and as not properly equipped, just decided to use it anyway. The Proof seemed effective, the mercury is quite oily.

Currently I am leeching the salt of salt, again. I'm hoping it will clean it up further. As I re-read notes, it becomes clearer many steps could have been approached differently. There seems variations in methods, and I find unless one is a great note taker and reference noter, methods can get confused.

The above point further underscores the need for a Forum such as this. We are all seeking answers on our own, hoping to find clarification through research but only hands-on experience can show us. We are a classroom and need to guide each other, or I fear we may seek in too many directions.

Many have theories and opinion but few reveal results. It can cause the doorway to become very, very small.

ps, the little one is bountiful and beautiful,
thx
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:32 pm

I took the salt of salt, and gave it another digestion, filter and distill.
But it did not lighten (maybe another calcination needed?)
and it 's amount did shrink but it seems purer.
[img]Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Photo-36[/img]
so... going to give it some thought
remembering I didn't really do the process in correct steps, just trying to salvage experience at least.

scratch

Happy Thanksgiving American Brethren

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Kirk,

Yes I'm quite certain that you need to calcine again. The volume as you know will decrease substantially, that's why you need so much raw material to start with, but a small stone is better than no stone! Smile
Happy harvest moon to as well!
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:59 pm

A project that I will hopefully be able to do in the next weeks or months it the one that is posted in this thread. It is the only success posted that I know of besides what Nick has taught us.

It is a very easy process and could be very promising. An alkahest that dissolves gold produced in just a day. And if all goes right I might know a way to multiply it too. I will just take it one step at a time. If it dissolves gold as the first poster's did, I will take that as a very good sign and move forward.

Back in the day when we were active here I bought (3) 1 pound bags of cream of tartar, (about $50 with shipping). I was going to wait until getting Nick's Volpierre notes to do any work but with such an awesome opportunity here with tartar I came to the light and decided to try it. It still have alot of equipment to make first though.

Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Creamoftartar003
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Some progress on my distillation setup..

Starting materials:

Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Alchemypicsfirefox Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Alchemypicsfirefox006

Got some high temperature silicone for the hot parts:

Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Alchemypicsfirefox005

Here are the inner parts being put together: a large coffee can fits perfectly over the hot plate burners you can get at Wal-Greens..

Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Alchemypicsfirefox004 Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Alchemypicsfirefox001

Had some glass tubing left over so I am making a sweet drip tube:

Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Alchemypicsfirefox003

Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:48 am

Bluefloor,

Great homemade style setup, very inventive! Keep posting pics if you can,
as so much is found in them, like Alchemic paintings of the past.

Good luck with your adventure.
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male
Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:00 pm

I remember when this post was first created in 2009....this post is a very important post for those who want to get to creating some medicines
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:31 pm

For the sake of completeness i will post here the information that the Author of this thread TheFool posted at another forum about his final conclusion about this Tartar Alkahest.

Summary-conclusion of my work on tartar
It has been a long time since I said sth on this forum, primarily due to my abstinence from lab work (temporary I hope). This doesn't mean I don't observe the forum but socializing is not my best and my free time little.

I want here to write my conclusions about tartar distillation after all this work I did.
First, I was expecting to isolate an Alkahest out of tartar, able to "dissolve" gold. I was based mainly on Robert Bartlett's and Jean Dubuis writings. At first, things went well and in line with the books, I have obtained a black oil, a yellow oil and a transparent liquid (Alkahest according to Bartlett) after the proper purification. But as for their usage, Bartlett's and Dubuis' writings were useless and mistaken.

Supossedly, the Alkahest is used to extract the sulfur of minerals or metals after digestion with them and one can see this because its color changes to red. This happens (as you can see in the photos of the pdf I have attached) but there is no need to put a mineral or metal in the "Alkahest". Even when digested alone by itself (inside glass flask) and then evaporated, it will produce the same red oil (some kind of polymerization?).

I found out the hard way that this is not an Alkahest. I even e-mailed Bartlett with my observations but I guess that he couldn't help with that or didn't have explanation.

A second thing I would like to clarify, is about the "magnetic gold" observations I did and posted about. It is an artifact and I was fooled. This gold leaf I used behaves magnetically when heated strongly no matter if you use "Alkahest" or not. I suspect the glue for this effect as Aleilius has guessed some posts before. Maybe it contains iron oxalate.

For anyone moving on this path, here are some lab pics:

Tartar work.pdf

The best path for me now is to stick to old recipes and attempt to join together the mercury, sulfur and salt .. as always ...

Direct link to other forum where the TheFool posted this:
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?539-Crude-Tartar-Distillation/page3
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male
Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:42 pm

The oil of tartar is not entirely useless. not only can it be useful but the process to create it is also very useful to understand... as it helped me understand a lot

whether its the alcahest or not is debatable... but at the same time... most if not all the terms in alchemy whether used in 1 or 2 ways

"using 1 word with many meanings" and "using many words but having one meaning"

it is to my understanding (I may be wrong) that not only were alcahest and philosophical mercury interchangeable with some people (not paracelsus because he invented it based off of the fact alkali is used) but also that all of these alchemical solvents can infact dissolve gold confused am I wrong here or what?

Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Yes TP thanks, after talking with you I will be moving on to another method.

SunWukong, Yes I would say after my learning from Nick's much research that if you have "the" alkahest you have something that will dissolve gold. And the same with philisophical mercury. That is just my understanding from him I have delved too deeply into the sages to see how these references line up. But until I do I trust Nick's work. Wink I like those uses of the words, now to just make it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit of Tartar
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next