The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does this look like it's the real thing?

Go down 
+3
cocojambo
E-thor
Pray
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Does this look like it's the real thing? Empty
PostSubject: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:34 pm

watch the videos i found today, the photos in the videos, interesting but i am not knowledgeable enough to distinguish their authenticity hens I'm asking everyone here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH--n0iQij4MoZEABDaPYBQ

here's one of them

Back to top Go down
E-thor

E-thor

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks Pray-this site just became interesting again. I think he's trying to sell a book. I watched the videos- it looks like a GW path to me. Who knows what he's got in those jars. The part where there is molten lead with a gold tinge.. I've actually seen that, it looks like gold when molten but it is just slag. It is really deceiving when the lead is molten! You hold it up to real gold and you can tell it is not. Is he holding that nugget to entice you to buy his book? Probably. But I doubt that he has achieved it. 4 years studying alchemy? He's either extremely lucky, a genius or someone showed him how. Otherwise I conclude that he thinks he is close and wanted to write some books. The nagging question always remains. If you can make gold why even sell a book?
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Quote :
The nagging question always remains. If you can make gold why even sell a book?
This question always nags me. My only explanation is that... a lot of alchemists always have some weird mental hangup... bad karma, angering God, (or in Nick's case,) disgracing the holy art of alchemy. etc. I imagine one of those is the reason.
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:41 am

E-thor wrote:
Thanks Pray-this site just became interesting again. I think he's trying to sell a book. I watched the videos- it looks like a GW path to me. Who knows what he's got in those jars. The part where there is molten lead with a gold tinge.. I've actually seen that, it looks like gold when molten but it is just slag. It is really deceiving when the lead is molten! You hold it up to real gold and you can tell it is not. Is he holding that nugget to entice you to buy his book? Probably. But I doubt that he has achieved it. 4 years studying alchemy? He's either extremely lucky, a genius or someone showed him how. Otherwise I conclude that he thinks he is close and wanted to write some books. The nagging question always remains. If you can make gold why even sell a book?
I second that.

and yes ive seen that yellow color, this exact same color when i melted lead, its just what molten lead looks like, it can even have purple and orange colors at times.  when it cools down usually looks like lead again sometimes the yellow remains.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:34 pm

This is very hard to tell. I would need to observe the processes closer to tell for sure. That one red stone in the video was impressive to look at but if it is the stone it's a dead one. The real stone illuminates psychic perception which is why it's called "the astral fire" His stone has NO psychic potency at all.

The first gold he showed was really fake because the red salt which is most certainly that of golden water hadn't been made into projection powder. The real thing wouldn't leave a water based residue if any at all.

Of his other photos the most impressive one is the red liquid in the Erlenmeyer flask, that stuff actually has some psychic potency in it.

Over all I think he may be onto something but he may have missed only one or two things and gave up too soon. So if someone wants to buy his book or better yet invite him onto the forum,it might prove beneficial to all parties.
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 pm

non of the photos show GW work. BTW
Back to top Go down
E-thor

E-thor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Solar- from what I've read on the comments on Amazon, he is very vague about his materials- so the books probably don't reveal anything new.

Pray- what do you think his yellow liquid is? Or are you saying it's not Nick's GW path but a different one?
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 9:26 am

all i know its not GW work
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:34 am

this steven school guy has at least 5-6 books on amazon. all "booklets" with under 20 pages on most of them. the reviews, on the few books that have reviews, are all mixed. some bad some good. if anyone is interested, i will purchase a few of his books to look over. unless someone knows for sure it is all another fake?
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 12:43 pm

hi thepassamist ok buy and read some of these booklets is good idea so we can read some of it booklets and only after read it we can see well that matter him use in him process.
And so only aftee read some of we can judge if this book have somthing valid or not but before judge this is necessary read well some of these booklets

my best regards alexbr

Last edited by alexbr on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:04 pm

I second that motion. The most stupid and ignorant thing a man can do is criticize something he knows nothing about.

We honestly cannot say weather or not this guy's books are worth the paper their printed on without actually reading them.
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:55 pm

ill order one. any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
E-thor

E-thor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:26 pm

One suggestion- save your money!
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:13 pm

I will say that this guy guy contacted me months ago and I did plan on at least buying one or two books and checking them out. He did say that he was vague on ingredients but that is perogative right?

I appreciate everyone's scepticism, god knows it is deserved in many places. But as to a persons motives when writing a book if they can make gold? I will suggest two. Pride; Look I made this.. which is perfectly alright in my eyes. And the other, honestly wanting to help people who are looking but struggling.

Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:13 pm

I think E-thor's bothered by the idea that this guy is "selling" his books. Logically money should mean nothing to someone who has a limitless amount of gold on hand.

As far as I'm concerned I think that anyone who wants their works respected is going to charge something for them even if it's only the cost of printing, shipping, and handling.

In the modern world Americans simply don't respect anything unless it costs them money or heaven forbid time and effort. The more something costs the more modern Americans are willing to actually put time and effort into it. If you look on ebay you'll notice that books of magick and enchanted objects are extremely expensive compared to most things. Since the Philosopher's stone is THE most magical object since the arc of the covenant then there is really no reason that good translations of alchemy books shouldn't cost thousands of dollars. And a completed philosophers stone or elixir of life millions of dollars.

There are countless numbers of old billionaires out there who would part with their entire fortune in trade for the chance to be young again.
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:37 pm

solarseeker wrote:
I think E-thor's bothered by the idea that this guy is "selling" his books. Logically money should mean nothing to someone who has a limitless amount of gold on hand.  

As far as I'm concerned I think that anyone who wants their works respected is going to charge something for them even if it's only the cost of printing, shipping, and handling.

In the modern world Americans simply don't respect anything unless it costs them money or heaven forbid time and effort.  The more something costs the more modern Americans are willing to actually put time and effort into it.  If you look on ebay you'll notice that books of magick and enchanted objects are extremely expensive compared to most things.  Since the Philosopher's stone is THE most magical object since the arc of the covenant then there is really no reason that good translations of alchemy books shouldn't cost thousands of dollars. And a completed philosophers stone or elixir of life millions of dollars.  

There are countless numbers of old billionaires out there who would part with their entire fortune in trade for the chance to be young again.  

i agree will solar here. we should not judge the cost of a book or information and base our decision on this only. The books of this author is posted on amazing for like 8-10 bucks. thats cheap. not only that, but amazon does in fact print books. and to do this, they charge a minimum fee. so most likely this few dollars go mostly to amazon anyway. but amazon reaches more people than this author alone could.

however, speaking on cheap books, i HIGHLY recommend everyone who has not done so to check out Robert Alan Bartlett's books on the subject of alchemy. there seems to be a wave of "modern" alchemists coming out and sharing lots of info and we would be foolish not to examine these books. unlike some participates on many forums holding information back, these people seem to be sharing openly to a much higher degree. with the collective information of the members here, even if these books do not contain step by step info, there may be enough valuable information in modern "english" that may provide a hidden understanding that we all have missed.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Interesting I didn't know Amazon prints books. I've been wanting to put my collection of alchemical works into paper format. There's just something aesthetically pleasing about having an actual library to go with an alchemy lab.

Thanks for sharing that information ! Razz 

As far as hidden information goes I find that it's hidden not because it's hard to find but because the writer speaks in an older form of English and most of the really juicy tidbits are sometimes just a single sentence long.

Anyone casually reading will easily skip over the smallest clue and fail in their work because of missing something very small. Only someone who reads a LOT of different works and re-reads the same works many times over can obtain the "hidden understanding" you're looking for.

As a general rule I study until I get a good understanding of what I'm trying to do. Or at least until I cannot learn anything new from the books I have. Then I preform one or more experiments and compare the results to what I learned. Frequently I keep multiple longer paths going while I actively work with the shorter ones. When I get stuck with an experiment not knowing what to do next or, I bring it to an end that didn't happen in the book, I stop. I then re read the books that I have to see if I missed anything. If after an experiment, I cannot obtain new information from my current books,then I download new ones I find interesting online. After reading those I go back and re-read the old ones because each alchemy book opens new understanding within all the others. Once I've gone back and forth between the old and new ones enough that I can't get any new information, I return to experimenting applying that knowledge. So the cycle continues read old, experiment, re-read old,experiment,read new,read old,read new again, experiment,read new and old, experiment, and so on.

Over all I read no less than 4 times the amount that I experiment but I experiment nonetheless because there are things that can only be learned through practical experimentation.

Alchemy writings are specifically designed as a sort of test to see if you're able to recognize truth,have a strong enough mind to pierce to the very heart of that truth,a strong enough body to apply it very simply,directly,and practically,and a strong enough soul that you will stand up for truth tirelessly persevering in what you know to be right,if only for the simple fact that it is right and good to do so.

This is this kind of soul that I recognized when I found the works of Nicolas D Collete. It's how I knew that his words could be trusted. When you read his books or even his former posts you notice that there is confidence combined with bad spelling and excitement. (side effects of geniussness) If you really look there is no hint of dishonesty as a matter of fact dishonesty seems to be almost a foreign concept to him. When he says something he honestly expects those listening to believe him while providing little to no explanation as to why. This is partly because of honor but mostly because of trust. If he knows he's right than everyone else should trust him because it was him that said it,knowing that within the limits of human error he would not mislead them.

Being a similar soul myself I know that Nick is not among the living any longer because nobody like that would simply abandon his friends. I still can't get past the idea that he might have ascended and now exists among nonphysical beings somewhere though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like it's the real thing?   Does this look like it's the real thing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does this look like it's the real thing?
Page 1 of 1