The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Elixir Process

Go down 
+6
bonifaesh
Hyramposey
Zosimo
NDC
Wilfried
Crestington
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

The Elixir Process - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:11 am

Actually in a true Balneo Mary bath, the flask is immersed in water, and the heat is distributed evenly all around the flask because of the water, despite the fact the fire is below the water bath.

And with a short neck flask like the letter says to use, there would be no condensation because the whole flask would be one temperature. Only the neck would stick out from the water, and because it's so short, it would be virtually the same temperature as the rest of the flask.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:30 am

Nick,
Something strange is happening in my flask.
It's showing strange behavior and I was wondering if I might have done something wrong here.. (Maybe too much salt?)
In less then 24 hours all the salt crystals that were in the water got out of the water.
Changes seem to be so fast as if the thing is alive and has a mind of it's own.
Is this what is supposed to happen?
Can you please give me some feedback to let me know if I'm still on the right track..
Thank you,

Jairo

The Elixir Process - Page 5 2009_03220003
Back to top Go down
bonifaesh

bonifaesh

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Something strange with the salt   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:24 am

Dear Jairo,

What is happening here is that the salt is creeping up the side of the flask because it gets absorbed in the liquid that is dripping or streaming down the sides. The liquid is the spirit of the dew or rain water (not sure which you're using) and it distributes itself sort of evenly about the sides of the flask since it has a different surface density from plain water. This allows the salt to go from the water below up into it more easily than with plain water and the salt then just sits there in that liquid. When the liquid all streams down or re-evaporates off of that salt then you're left with salt on the sides.

Also in your earlier post you mentioned that salt is forming inside the water below. This is simply because some of the liquid evaporates up onto the sides of the flask and the solution is so saturated that the salt inevitably precipitates.
Depending on the type of salt, the quality of the dew or water, and the convection in the flask, you may get long needles or other formations in there as well as the small pieces you have in the photo. It's kind of cool. It shouldn't bother the process, just shaking the flask should get the salt back into the water and most of it will probably re-dissolve.
This holds true unless some liquid vapor is evaporating out through your seal, so the only thing to do is check to make sure the seal is good. Remember the stuff that could evaporate out has other things in it and is more of the "spirit" of the water than just plain water, so it is something you want to keep in there.

Hope this helps :-)

Bill

sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Nick Said:
And with a short neck flask like the letter says to use, there would be no condensation because the whole flask would be one temperature

So this means that our assumptiom that the convection inside the baneum mary is not the thing that matters. But a warm enviroment that will help make the putrefaction of the DEW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:51 pm

THNX bill for explaining what happened..
I did shake the flask to let the salt back in and put some more sealing wax around the stopper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:11 pm

k sorry friends have many questions because of the technology difference between the time of notes and our time. so things our lingering like why they used the thing they used like water bath and sand bath? do i need to use water and sand or is it ok to use something that can keep temperatures that i wish in the right area?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:38 pm

you are not required to use sand and water, you can use anything from lightbulbs to heating pads as long as the required temperature is met....this is made clear in "the universal medicine" book which you should be well acquainted with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:06 pm

You can find the answer by searching the forum before posting the question.

Question:
"I AM" wrote:
i know lot of people are using dead sea salt, is there a reason?, is it possible to know what salt might be best??
Answer:
"Nick" wrote:
in the 3rd edition of the book, I will say that only Atlantic sea salt should be used that has been refined for human consumption
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm

You can find the answer by searching the forum before posting the question.

Question was already asked:
flashymoves wrote:
Hello Nick. Would you happen to know where I could purchase said salt when I have the means to undertake the work?
Answer was already given:
trueKabbalist wrote:
You can get it here

http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=541
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:23 pm

yes sorry just found thanxs a ton. do u recomend letting dew sit a month once collecting, as someone has posted??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:29 pm

You can try both methods by letting the dew ferment and also another vessel without waiting for the dew to strengthen. Using different vessels we can measure how results vary from one to the next and report back once all is said and done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:24 pm

mrgiller wrote:
Nick Said:
And with a short neck flask like the letter says to use, there would be no condensation because the whole flask would be one temperature

So this means that our assumptiom that the convection inside the baneum mary is not the thing that matters. But a warm enviroment that will help make the putrefaction of the DEW.

Wheather you see the condensation inside the flask or not the cyclical process is still happening. It is only at a slower rate.

I have a spagyric Rose Hip process that has been cycling in a sealed jar for over six months. I walk into my lab and from time to time I see a drop of liquid drop from the top of the jar back into the solution. I know the solution is getting stronger because of the changing color of the solution.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:41 am

I bow to you Kent (MO -1),

I wish I was half as clear in my head handy and practical as you.
Common sense rules! Please check my post in Proper Equipment.

Your logo king is justified.

Smile

Frank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 pm

Frank:
Blessings My Friend. I will look at your posts.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:48 pm

so do we submerge the whole bottle on the water and sand bath? or do we keep just the bottom half????? if its not convection than we would probly submerge the whole bottle right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:01 am

Understand, It is convection. When you have a sufficient enough difference in
the temperature from the bottom of the bottle or flask with the top of the flask the
the vapor rises off the surface of the liquid, comes in contact with the cooler
surface in the top of the container. It then condenses and drains back down the
sides of the container. Even if you do not see major condensation happening the
circulation process is still going on. It's just not as apparent.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:01 am

What is the process for filtering the dew after it has been saturated with salt?

Do I just pour the water through a sive?

thanks.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:45 am

"I AM" wrote:
so do we submerge the whole bottle on the water and sand bath? or do we keep just the bottom half????? if its not convection than we would probly submerge the whole bottle right?

Yes, you are supposed to submerge the entire flask in the water or sand.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:46 am

Furion wrote:
What is the process for filtering the dew after it has been saturated with salt?

Do I just pour the water through a sive?

thanks.

Filter means you just filter it, plain and simple.

lol!

A coffee filter paper works great for filtering out that precipitant, and you do indeed want to get rid of it, because it's just a bunch of nasty material that was in the dew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:21 pm

I've started the process and I was worried that I wasn't getting the desired cycling but I feel much better now that I know its not necessarily visible. I dont have a thermometer or anything like that so i'm just winging it and expecting the best. Smile I've followed the necesary instructions and I'm already seeing changes just from a day wrapped with the walgreens heating pad.

I'm very excited.

-val
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:47 am

Val:

It's Good to have you onboard with the process. I am very excited for you.
I know you have been collecting your dew and necessary supplies for a while.
I know it's a really good feeling to finally get everything in the bottle or flask
and get things heated up. Mother Nature will do the rest.
Congrats.

Be Blessed,

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:11 pm

I've followed the necesary instructions and I'm already seeing changes just from a day wrapped ]with the walgreens heating pad.

The neat thing about the Walgreens heating pad is it will create a heat level at about
112 to 128 degrees on high heat depending on how tight you wrap the bottle and what
the ambient temperature is in the room.
I folded my pad in half longwase and then placed the fold on the bottom of the bottle.
that concentrates the majority of the heat at the bottom of the bottle.I wrapped my
heating pad around the bottle and then wrapped two (also folded) hand towels
around that. I placed a large rubber band around all of it to hold it togeather. Then
slid the whole rig into a 6"x7" by 10" tall cardboard box. This holds everything
togeather and also allows you to be able to remove the bottle and check the
temperature if you need to. I took a couple of wash cloths folded them twice and
placed them in the bottom of the box. This keeps the heat
concentrated at te bottom.

Just a few ideas that worked for me.

Blessings,

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Magnum,

Is there a brand on the Walgreens heating pad? There are no Walgreens around here, and I suspect brands might vary. I have my dew in a laboratory water bath that I found used on ebay, but it requires the addition of water daily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:32 pm

ramasseur de rosee wrote:
Magnum,

Is there a brand on the Walgreens heating pad? There are no Walgreens around here, and I suspect brands might vary. I have my dew in a laboratory water bath that I found used on ebay, but it requires the addition of water daily.

Hi ram,

The trick to stop the evaporation from the waterbath is is add a thin layer of vegetable oil on top. Works real well.

Cheers.... Don
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:50 pm

hi magnum.opus1,

thanks for the advice. I've done it almost the same as you but using the things I had handy. I'll post pictures later so everyone can see what I'm doing.

-val
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Elixir Process
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next