The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Elixir Process

Go down 
+6
bonifaesh
Hyramposey
Zosimo
NDC
Wilfried
Crestington
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi Don,

Thanks for reporting.

Yes, please, just tell us about your path (kind of bottle, heating apparatus, etc... bounce )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:25 pm

I am 3 weeks away from completing the 40-50 days of Balneo Mary and it is still a dark brown color. Is that a good or bad sign?

Jamar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:26 pm

When I say it, I mean the powder at the bottom of the flask. Is it gonna get any darker?

Jamar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Can you post a picture of the flask?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:44 am

mrgiller wrote:
Hello Don,

What are you using for the sand bath ?
I also think that if you are getting the brown precipitant is a good sign.
Did you use the regular table salt?
Cheers!

Mrgiller

Hi mrgiller,

The pix below should answer most of your questions. My sandbath is a regular cheap electric crockpot with the usual 3 inadequate settings, so I have added a vari-power controller to give me fine temp. control over it. The digital thermometer says 94.5°c = 202°F.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Sandbath

I wouldn't say the brown precipitant is necessarily a good sign. It good be fermentation crap developing, but it still maybe the good stuff. Other finer gray particles are also present. That's why I have been unsure whether to proceed the bottle further and take it back to the cooler Bain Marie at this stage.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Sandbath2

Yes I have used regular supermarket pure rock salt, but I know that it has been sourced locally from the Southern Ocean of Australia. However I have subsequently been dissolving, re-charging and re-crystallizing the salt in hot sunlight for future use. You may notice I have also put a quartz crystal in the dew bottle. It can't do any harm and may help.

LVX.... Don
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:53 am

travelingman777 wrote:
I am 3 weeks away from completing the 40-50 days of Balneo Mary and it is still a dark brown color. Is that a good or bad sign?

Jamar

Gooday Jamar,

That dark brown color has to be a good sign generally. Nick says that the precipitant won't always turn black at this stage for the whole deal still to be successful. So I would say, so far, so good.

LVX afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:44 am

UPDATE

Guys, here is some additional pictures of my process.
We are on day 9.

First two shots are of temperature at the top of the bottle
and again at the bottom.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative001 The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative002
The next 3 pics are of the condensation pattern inside of the jar. It looks pretty awsome.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative003 The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative004
The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative005

The next 2 pictures are taken with a flash. The reflected light
off the dew through the glass shows the condensation real well.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative006 The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative007

Final pic is just a real good example of condensation.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative008

There has been a few minor changes in the weather since I started.
The current ambient temperature is about 72 degrees in my garage.
When I started it was in the high 40's.As you can see that has raised
the temp of the top of the bottle a little.
Everything seems to be cookin right along otherwise.

Blessings,

MO-1 king

Last edited by magnum.opus1 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:50 am

I have another process I've been working on that is using a little bit different
solution. I just put it in the sand bath tonight. Will get a post with pics
and description tomorrow.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:19 pm

The color of my precipitant after the first 40 day water bath digestion was white/light gray. Then after the 2 weeks in the sand bath at 200F, the precipitant became brown. As the multiplications continued, the precipitant grew a little darker brown, but didn't change much.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:23 pm

NDC wrote:
The color of my precipitant after the first 40 day water bath digestion was white/light gray. Then after the 2 weeks in the sand bath at 200F, the precipitant became brown. As the multiplications continued, the precipitant grew a little darker brown, but didn't change much.

Hi Nick,

So you have any pictures....

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:37 pm

The precipitate is a light gray to light brown.

Here is some pics. Lets try this again in the proper order.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5003The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5002The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5001

MO-1 king

Last edited by magnum.opus1 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:55 pm

magnum.opus1 wrote:
The precipitate in the botom of my bottle is a light gray/light brown color.
Here is some pics.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5003 The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5003

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5001

Hi magnum.opus1,

but no photos....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Try again. I think it has something to do with editing the psot after
it is done.
The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5003

Number 2
The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5002

Number 3

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:28 pm

I don't know whats going on. I'm not doing anything different.

Nick can you delete this posts and help with this from your end.

Nick in the link for the picture It inserts a NO SPAM instead of NO SPAM!://

Kent
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:45 am

oops....sorry about that!
In effort to eliminate people posting links to their website stores and shameless promoting themselves here, I screwed up the photos!

I'll go change it back, must have been driving you nuts!
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:43 am

Hi Nick,

In Leyden's letter, the white/brown color process is inverted. First brown (balneo mary) then white (sand bath).

NDC wrote:
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:08 pm

I know, we've already discussed this topic of precipitant color to death. The color is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:56 pm

This is very true. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. Please jsut delete all the offending posts and I will start over again tonight.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:21 pm

O K here we go.For what it's worth the precipitate at the bottom of my bottle
is a gray to a maybe light tan or brown.

We will try the pic thing again

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5003 The Elixir Process - Page 3 Elixir5002

This started to form wihin the first 24 hours. This is day 11 of the process.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:01 am

UPDATE

Guys, here is some additional pictures of my process.
We are on day 11.

First two shots are of temperature at the top of the bottle
and again at the bottom.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative001 The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative002

Th next 3 pics show the condensation in the bottle.It appears to be a little bit less
then before. I think this is due to the increase in temperature in my garage. as the
ambient temperature increases the top of the bottle and the botton of the bottle
teperatures get closer togeather you have less condensation.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative003 The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative004

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative005

It's just like collecting dew outside. The closer the ambient temperature gets to
the temperature of the ice the less dew will condense out. Inside our bottle is
simply a miniture of the atmosphere of this planet. The moisture in the air is
constantly evaporating and then condensing. This is all tied the the dew point, or
the tempeature that condnsation takes place.

The next two pictures where taken with a flash. You can see an area where the
light is reflecting off the condensate after it passes through the glass bottle.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative006 The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative007

The last picture is just an example of good condensation.

The Elixir Process - Page 3 Saltderivative008

MO-1 king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:58 am

If you not succeed nobody will.

Thanks for the pictures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:21 am

Question:
My salty dew is now in the first stage of the "BM bath" (aka heating pad)..
Should it be kept in darkness or is it okay with light?
btw: already gray salt forming on bottom of flask within 24 hours..

The Elixir Process - Page 3 2009_03130001
The Elixir Process - Page 3 2009_03130002
The Elixir Process - Page 3 2009_03130003
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Well done   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks for the Pictures, hope is growing more and more Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:26 pm

Thank you to let us know your advancement, pictures are so eloquente.

btw, how do you post yours. There is a thread about on the forum that I have tried but I failed. Impossible to register.

Jairo, how is your glass ballon sealed, please?

All the best cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:12 am

chercheur01 wrote:
Thank you to let us know your advancement, pictures are so eloquente.

btw, how do you post yours. There is a thread about on the forum that I have tried but I failed. Impossible to register.

Jairo, how is your glass ballon sealed, please?

All the best cheers

Flask was sealed with glass stopper and water resistant plaster.. It's a tube ready to use you can buy at hardware stores.. Smells a bit chemical but it dries within 20 minutes or so.

Update, day 2:
This morning I saw that a very fine powdery stuff is also floating on the surface of the dew... It's not a lot yet, so I had to look very carefully to see it. But it's the same color as the powder that formed on the bottom of the flask.. Like gray/brown/green.. Not sure what color it is...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elixir Process   The Elixir Process - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Elixir Process
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next