The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tugel process

Go down 
+3
Zosimo
trueKabbalist
spagyricus
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Tugel process - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:34 am

kevinpaw123 wrote:
auggie

Here is a source I used for cinnibar. $24.60 for 10grams
No restrictions...it's used as a pigment for artists

http://naturalpigments.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=450-10S

This is not native cinnabar, it's called Ethiop, it's an artificial mix of sulfur and mercury.
if you want to create i can explain the path.
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:47 am

melkisedek wrote:

This is not native cinnabar, it's called Ethiop, it's an artificial mix of sulfur and mercury.

yes, please explain? I have some common mercury on hand and would like to make some native cinnabar for myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:28 pm

delphinny wrote:
melkisedek wrote:

yes, please explain? I have some common mercury on hand and would like to make some native cinnabar for myself

On one it stews of gas and in a soup dish of cooked earth refractory or sandstone, poured 2

ounces of milled sulfur. Not hardly this is in fusion, put on 7 ounces of mercury trade them

purest possible and leaked with the fallow deer skin. When strait, exits in rain form. To

stir continuously fused sulfur till when the mercury well is incorporated. Left to cool the

matter, that it will be black and you put the rough powder sublimate in a pot of cooked

earth or refractory sand, that is a aludel with a small aerial hole to the top. You put the

aludel on one it stews to gas heating till when the bottom dell' aludel he is not

incandescent. The cinnabar will sublimate little little in the aludel heated, in beautiful

red crystals like needles.Keep from the cover of the aludel and put in a flask of glass of

large mouth protected from the light. It is alive an artificial cinnabar and it is not a

matter because " it has already enduring" the common fire. But for scope of experimentation

it will be much profit. Fairies attention not to breathe the gas that they emanate from the

aerial hole of the aludel because they are extremely toxic.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Dear Bros and Sis,
Being this process a little dangerous, I found the better hours and day to perform it.
So tuesday I'll start that Opus and I'll go on, in the outdoor, for six hours with a propane torch on the crucible I've already show you. And with the mask.
Monday I'll try it just to see if it's better to shot on the base, on all the crucible or in a little iron oven. If I've understood well the crucible should be red-hot.
And I hope that the lute made by egg & plaster will work.
All the stuff is grounded with thin iron spikes and the crucible is suspended on the iron structure with a chain. And the propane torch is grounded too.
Everything will work, of course with all the straits and tricks of the case Very Happy .
Here we are.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:43 am

Maktub dear Brother
go go go

Zosimo wrote:
Dear Bros and Sis,
Being this process a little dangerous, I found the better hours and day to perform it.
So tuesday I'll start that Opus and I'll go on, in the outdoor, for six hours with a propane torch on the crucible I've already show you. And with the mask.
Monday I'll try it just to see if it's better to shot on the base, on all the crucible or in a little iron oven. If I've understood well the crucible should be red-hot.
And I hope that the lute made by egg & plaster will work.
All the stuff is grounded with thin iron spikes and the crucible is suspended on the iron structure with a chain. And the propane torch is grounded too.
Everything will work, of course with all the straits and tricks of the case Very Happy .
Here we are.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 am

N.D.C said:
It seems to me that some supernatural force is preventing everyone on this forum from succeeding in making the stone.

Laughing ...Let's say flu?

Anyway I took the time to study a stronger way to seal the crucible with refractory cement.
Lutum with egg and plaster inside the screw thread and cement on it closed by a ring.
This insight has been the effect of your blessing Melkisedek.
bom

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:58 pm

I have not never read of two artists that they operated together. But this does not mean that it cannot be. The times are ready, the tipsy sun more of the usual and my heart says to me that we are on the good road. Force and courage.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Dear Bros, here's to you the pics of the Tugel-cinnabar pics.

[img]Tugel process - Page 3 IMG_0165[/img]
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:46 pm

The product.

This is the hardest part, I had to scratch it from the crucible...

Photobucket" border="0" alt=""/>

This is the part that, like a sand, fall down opening the crucible. I contains a little part of lutum and few, little red pieces...

Photobucket

Here, in the crucible, are some little drops of mercury distilled from cinnabar, that may be was a little more than the gold...

Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:09 pm

So well, I've "baked" for nine hours the stuff. Full red heating (quite the crucible red), and medium read heating (red where the flame hits).
Remember! Put a little mask when you'll open the crucible and pay attention to the dust. I didn't and... No
And use a very good mask when you control the stuff during the heating.
I've put a lot of lutum and refractory cement, it work OK, but... who knows?
So, pay attention. And do it in the outdoor.

Is this stuff ready for the oil of tartar?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:53 am

Why would you use the oil of tartar on that?
Is that what we decided Tugel must be talking about? I can't even remember what we discussed about the Tugel work, but surely the correct thing to use that you can't wrong with is the Alkahest from the dew salt, which is easily made by my instructions in Chapter 3 of the Morning Dew section of my book.

We can speculate all day long about what Tugel might have used, but we know for sure that you can't go wrong if you use a true Alkahest from nature which dissolves metals down to their core without any chemical explanation. It's especially important to dissolve all the poisonous mercury and convert it to a harmless medicine with the mighty Alkahest of dew.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:35 pm

I agree with you, Fr. Nick, about the harmless path and, of course, it can be even a medicine: so the only thing I've realized heating this crucible it’s a preparation of a stronger or quicker metal to dissolve in the alkahest like a miller’s gold or a calx auri does?
What you think about those red spots in the matter? Unbaked cinnabar?

The choice of this Tugel-Moses path had a precise reason for me, doing some others paths at the same time. I’m not a money addict, just the contrary (I’ve never posted supercar pics Wink and I completely agree with Ali Puli) and it seems to me, but probably I’ve misunderstood, that this Tugel-Moses was an experimented path. I don’t wanna be tedious or arrogant, I’m just trying to understand the path of this curious man that was Tugel.
Because understanding one path enlights all the others paths.

∴N.D.C∴ said:"He (Tugel) simply means water saturated with potassium carbonate, like the Alkahest of Van Helmot or Glauber, also known as the Liquor of Tartar since you can make it by calcining tartar, then leaving it to absorb morning dew, like we do with the Premum Ens of Melissa.

More than likely what happens is a red polysulfide solution forms when you put the gray ashes in the potash water. This isn't safe for ingestion of course, but is merely another step along the way to making the stone by this method. Once you dry the polysulfide solution, it will form a "liver of sulfur" when the potash and the sulfur melt together, and it just so happens this by itself would already be sufficient to dissolve gold..."

Dear Fr. Nick, what’s your suggestion, if there’s any, about the already said matter?
It's only a matter of "drying" after dissolving gold?
Thank you again.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:37 am

Ah yes, now I remember.
The cinnabar dissolves the gold, and then the dry potassium polysulfide or "liver of sulfur" will also dissolve the gold again, and after that it will be well prepared for treatment with the dew salt.

But it might be possible to extract the calcined cinnabar/gold powder with the strong potassium carbonate liquor, and then filter and evaporate, and then raise up the heat until the potassium carbonate melts with the sulfur and gold and cinnabar, and the combination of these forces working to dissolve the gold could possibly convert it to the red glass-like material. This may need to be done in a sealed iron crucible at even higher temps than what it takes to melt the potash, because the sulfur and mercury might vaporize. Or maybe it would be better if they did, so all that's left is the molten potash and the red gold-glass.

Then it can be dissolved in water, but the potash will dissolve and so will the red-glass gold material. Whatever gold is left should be weighed to see if it has lost weight, because that would be proof some of it has converted.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but my hunch is telling me the combined dissolving power of cinnabar and the "liver of sulphur" would have quite a profound effect on the gold. Or maybe I'm just wishing it was this easy, because a purely chemical path like this would allow for mass production of the Stone. Maybe it would be better if this doesn't work then?

Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:13 am

lol!

Let's say it's a private path.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Ars Gratia Artis
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:18 am

So, Now.
Here it is some cinnabar-gold united with Hollandus's liquor tartari after one hour of heating at 70-80°C.
The redness it's the same of the pure liquor tartari, so nothing new.
I should evaporate the liquid until it manifest the liver of sulfur and the redness but my idea it's to go on first of all with a philosophical month of MB.

In the meanwhile I'm producing the alkahest of Glauber for the Gualdi & Ternan's Universal Medicine that's really interesting but not a joke and a little long.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tugel process - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tugel process
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3