The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GW Method 3

Go down 
+23
T.P.
Merc
SunWukong
Thanatos
alexbr
alejandro369
ramen
Kirk
kevinpaw123
goatz
Frank
spilo
bonifaesh
Felix_Madhouse
AB
auggie
bluefloor
yeshua
phillip_reed
NDC
Wilfried
Zosimo
spagyricus
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

GW Method 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply bluefloor. Are you sure that 1/6 to ¼ of the “more spirited water”
is enough to dissolve the salt before and during circulation? Do you mean to evaporate 3/4 of the liquid?

The idea of circulation is to break down the molecules of the salt to make it less and less dense. If there is not enough spirit that might not be possible.

How do you purify the salt? By solve and coagula (dissolving and coagulating) with distilled water?

Frank
scratch
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Frank,

The instructions do not give an amount but only say distill off the spirit by itself. I remember in one discussion about what amount constitutes the spirit, 1/6 was brought up, but also 1/4 has been said. So I thought if I am in that range I would be fine. But as you have said there also might be a visual cue to tell you when to stop distilling. So that first amount that comes over is our spirit.

To refine that salt Nick said to use the same method as with dew, so I think he meant the method that is used in morning dew method number 3 from the book. To apply it to ph. dew. :

1. after you have digested the dried caput mortem with the spirit for at least 2-3 weeks, filter it (while warm), and throw away what filters out.

2. distill to dryness. powder the caput mortem and dissolve it in the spirit and put it on gentle warmth for 24 hours, then filter away what did not dissolve for it is only impurities.

3. repeat this process 10 times but on the last time do not distill to dryness. stop the distillation when a skin starts to form, then place that in the fridge to grow crystals.

I think that is the method he was talking about. I am by no means knowledgeable about the things of alchemy and am not trying to sound like I am. I am just taking instruction from Nick Very Happy and trying to learn as I go along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks again bluefloor,
I like the accurate way you interpret those misty instructions. You probably got the handiness and the logic to take some reason to the alchemical dreamland. I truly appreciate your insights.

Frank
Smile
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:21 am

bluefloor wrote:
Nick,

I am not there yet, but when using a threaded iron pipe is it ok to just tighten the cap or should you use a seal. If so can you suggest a good sealant?

No you don't need to seal the pipe. You only need to have it 100% air tight if you are using mercury inside.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:27 am

Field wrote:
And why is it that pure compounds are only white, yellow, or red, the colors of the philosopher's stone?

What about all the different colors of the elements of the periodic table. Cobalt for example is blue.

Quote :
And why is it that the stone can be made from so many different paths? Surely all these paths do not lead to the exact same chemical formulation but too many different ones. Yet the end product always resembles the same thing, a red glassy material.

There are many paths, but they all do indeed produce the same thing -- all they do is turn gold into its glass-like form. Just like there are many different chemical ways to dissolve gold, there are different alchemical ways to dissolve gold and make it become the clear red form of itself. Whatever is doing that to the gold is probably the same "alchemical" but found in different places, like dew, and the human fluids, and some other natural sources we haven't discovered yet.

There is only one true Philosopher's Stone from each of the metals, and its clear and the color varies depending on the metal. Silver is strange because it's blue when dissolved, but clear white when hardened into the Stone. Copper is probably a green stone. I can't wait to make all the Stones and see what they look like and what color they glow when they are at the 7th Order.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:43 am

bluefloor wrote:
Don't forget to purify your salt which is an addition to the book process.

The salt is purified by the step when you extract the salt from the residue using the distilled spirit, then evaporate the spirit until the solution is supersaturated and place it in the fridge for crystals to sprout. The salt will be pure enough at that point, because it left behind some material in the water which doesn't crystallize out with the salt. That's the whole point of putting it in the fridge to form the salt crystals instead of just evaporating it.

But if for some reason you wish to make the salt even purer, you could dissolve it in some distilled rain or dew water, that was filtered through an activated charcoal filter (Brita water purification pitcher) after the distillation. You heat up the water to 200F, then dissolve all the salt you can in the water until some sits on the bottom, undissolved. Filter out the undissolved salt and let the water cool off at room temperature, then place in the fridge so larger crystals will continue to grow. Finish it off by placing it the freezer for 15 minutes, or until the water is almost about to freeze, but don't let it freeze.

Filter out the crystals from the water, and evaporate the water separately to obtain the salt that didn't crystallize out. Repeat this crystallization technique as many times as you need to until your salt no longer stinks, and is nice and pure.

If you are gonna use this salt in the Dry Path anyway, then it will be burned up and all the impurities should not be a real problem. But since the crucible will be sealed, the impurities have nowhere to go after they're scorched and calcined, so they mix with the Stone glass.

I guess I should put that in the next edition of the book, as a separate little section on purification, no matter if the salt is from normal dew, or "philosophical" dew because pure crystals help everything stay clean from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:45 am

Frank wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply bluefloor. Are you sure that 1/6 to ¼ of the “more spirited water” is enough to dissolve the salt before and during circulation? Do you mean to evaporate 3/4 of the liquid?

The idea of circulation is to break down the molecules of the salt to make it less and less dense. If there is not enough spirit that might not be possible.

The circulation is only done to extract the salt from the residue. It has nothing to do with breaking down the molecules of salt.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:50 am

Frank wrote:
Thanks again bluefloor, I like the accurate way you interpret those misty instructions.

What misty instructions? I clearly wrote in the book, step by step, exactly how to purify the salt. He didn't rewrite the instructions any clearer than they are in the book on pages 26-28.

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:17 am

I was getting ready to boil the GW to putrify but when I checked on the mason jars, I saw this. Nice size crystals growing from the sides of the jar. It was only in 2 of the 10 jars in fact the most recent 2. I don't know if it was all the grape juice I was craving when I was sick or the vegetable soup did it but I will find out. This makes me think that there may be no reason to putrify the dew but instead dink plenty of grape juice and eat root vegetables, then simply extract the crystals.

GW Method 3 - Page 2 11

GW Method 3 - Page 2 Img_3010
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:10 pm

Nick,
A great thank you for the perfect instructions.
You gave precise answers to my precise questions.
I was experimenting with no results with ammonium nitrate: ammonium chloride it's, may be, the real-fitting salt for the Work.

Now I'm working with gold leaves and GW crystals & little fresh W in a small 20 ml flask.
But then I'll go with a small crucible etc.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: a couple of years back   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:24 am

When I first started the GW method, I took the GW and heated it to evavporate to supposedly leave the gw oil.

Instead I found out that the GW oil sublimed into the air, but weeks later I found oil all over my shutters by the window.

I know this because at that time I had my windows covered with brown paper so that no lookie loos would peak in to see what I was doing.

Much to my surprize the paper had oil on it.......

One of these days, I am going to try that again but next time catch it in a reciever.
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:23 am

Also look on R.A.M.S C/D #3 under "Compendium" pages 117 thru 124 . Smile more Golden Water Auggie
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:50 am

Thank you Auggie.
bounce
(know what i "mine")

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
spagyricus

spagyricus

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Here is a portion of Hollandus "philosophical dew" treatise that is very interesting.

Take our Stone in its coarseness (or: in its raw state),
such as it comes out of the minera of man. Understand well
what I am saying! Put it into a wide, glass vessel and add
the powdered gold leaves. Pour on this some of our Stone,
which must be old and well settled and purified. Pour of the
Stone two fingers width over the gold . Set the vessel with
gold and the Stone of summer into the heat of the sun. A
white-golden skin or oil will form on top. Remove it carefully
with a feather, in such a way that you move the matter
as little as posslble. Put it into a glass. Proceed in this
way several times a day, removing the oil till no more oil
forms on top. Thus you can obtain oleum solis with our Stone
in its coarseness, as it comes out of man's minera.
Understand well what I have hinted at here, because
has never been a greater secret in nature concerning our
stone, which also,in spite of its coarseness' transforms gold
into oil. And very many artists have sought this secret but have
not found it. Therefore, be grateful to God, etc. If then
this our Stone accomplishes this in its crude stage, Just imagine
what it will do when it is perfected and united with the
spirit and soul, and is fixed,subtle and fusible. Do ponder
over my words s that you do not do usless work.
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:28 am

I like that Spagyricus.. Any time the word "Stone " is mentioned in this formula just substitute the words "golden water " or G/W . and then it makes perfect sense.. Surprised Auggie
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 am

It's a COMPENDIUM OF ALCHEMICAL TRACTS 1977 from the files of / and thanslated by
S.B Bacstrom, MD Valentine Paracelsus an american adept Juliana Wallachin,De Welling etc

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:17 pm

AUGGIE SAID: I like that Spagyricus.. Any time the word "Stone " is mentioned in this formula just substitute the words "golden water " or G/W . and then it makes perfect sense.. Auggie

Hi Auggie

Yes but, in the second case, being old and well settled (may be stable or.. fixed) and purified... could be the crystalized form of the GW.
And so, may be, could be the two things (new&volatile + crystalized&old) mixed together.

What you think about it Auggie?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male
Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Zosimo wrote:
in the second case, being old and well settled (may be stable or.. fixed) and purified... could be the crystalized form of the GW. And so, may be, could be the two things (new&volatile + crystalized&old) mixed together.

Or maybe old, settled, and purified means exactly that?

An insoluble sediment precipitates and settles in old putrefied GW.

The 'good' salts stay in solution.

Try filtering the old GW off the sediment into a new vessel and see what it does to gold leaf...

One of my most bizarre occurences was when I placed some gold leaves in GW as mentioned above, and left it outside in full sunlight during a hot summer day, in a glass covered only by a napkin with a rubber band.

The glass was outside on a table in the small garden I had then, completely isolated with no access from the outside. When I went to check back 20 minutes later, a lot of fluid and some gold leaf were spilled on the table and floor, but the glass had not been moved, still upright with the intact napkin and rubber band still in place. There was a small wet patch on the napkin, as if the fluid and some gold jumped out and away through the napkin without tearing it.

That was VERY strange, since noone was there but me, no outside access to the garden, and if it was some animal I seriously doubt it would have bothered to put the glass back up with napkin and rubber band intact.

This happened at least three years ago...Very strange indeed...
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:17 am

I've known for a long while that golden water by itself can extract an oil from the metals, which can then be used to make the Stone. I kept it to myself because it's just too easy of a process, but I guess its now time to talk about it?

I didn't remember where I've seen this method mentioned, but it was in more than one text.

And AB is absolutely correct in saying that old, settled, and purified means exactly that. When the "philosophical dew" has been sitting, and impurities have settled out of it, then you filter it and use that "purified" version on the gold or silver, and it will always form the oil. From that oil a salt can be crystallized which is the Stone un-multiplied, so it's power is very weak. The trouble is, how do you multiply it? You would need to use the salt of golden water apparently, because the golden water itself doesn't seem to be able to multiply the Stone. It will just dissolve it and make it rise to surface again, but unchanged.

Maybe through a digestion with new golden water that was old, settled, and purified?

I played around with that for a while, but then became disgusted by the use of golden water and turned all my focus to the dew work. I'm confident I will also find a way to do this same simple method with dew that is old, settled, and purified. Can you image that? That would be wonderful because dew is so much less disgusting to work with. But golden water is always available, and there is something amazing about making something so powerful using something you flush away every day, and think of as totally useless.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 am

Oh and I forgot to mention --- for gold you set the golden water out in the sun to make the gold oil rise, and you take off the oil every hour so more can form. For silver, you use the rays of the moon, and likewise take off the oil every hour so more will continuously form all night long.

The effects of this oil are hard to notice because its so weak, but regular use will profound changes that are way beyond placebo. Purifying it can be a bit of problem though. If you can get enough of it as a salt, then you might be able to dissolve it in clean hot water, then place in fridge to crystallize and repeat.

I see this as technically being the Stone from gold and the salt from the golden water combined together. Because it's crystalline, and the Stone isn't. So maybe just a little heat on a hot copper plate until the crystals give off smoke (the golden water) and the Stone forms, flowing like wax and when cooled it no longer crystallizes because the golden water component is gone, and now it's that glass-like material.

Can you image how many photos are gonna be posted of this oil rising to the top of the golden water? Here we have a way to make the Stone with virtually no effort what so ever, and it works pretty much every time. I guess talking about like this will fine since we don't know how to multiply it in any easy way yet. Once we learn to do that easily, then we might be getting into dangerous territory.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 am

Funny and amazing!
After some days I step in my home sweet home smelling that noble & subtle stench you can imagine. Not so strong anyway.
The temp was zero or less °C.

The reason was that a little GW I put on the heating plate with crystals and gold leaves produced this stench at 0°C or less and the same after I heated it let's say at 80°... closed in the flask.

Yes becuase it had penetrated the lutum with a yellow speck.
For other substances this lutum perfectly works.
May be that's the reason for that strange joke that happened to you AB, in a moment of overheating this living and funny substance can leap over!
Let's say a quantum leap... Razz

Anyway.
I don't think there are dangerous territories if we keep in the love area and sub rosa within our circle.
Thank you all.
Zosimo
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:07 am

Zosimo wrote:
In a moment of overheating this living and funny substance can leap over!
Let's say a quantum leap...

That's exactly what I thought when it happened Very Happy

Another thought I had was that the gold which was beginning to become unfixed simply wanted to return and re-unite with the sun sunny

In any case, for someone wishing to perform this experiment, I would suggest to place the container out of direct sunlight...
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm

No, it needs to be placed in direct sunlight. I've never had a problem with the gold "jumping" out of the bottle. I think there is a rational explanation for how that happened to yours.

Also it doesn't have to stink. If you spray it with "What Odor" you won't be able to smell anything, and it won't mess up the process. That stuff can neutralize skunk and cat _________.
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:46 pm

NDC wrote:
No, it needs to be placed in direct sunlight. I've never had a problem with the gold "jumping" out of the bottle. I think there is a rational explanation for how that happened to yours.

If there's a rational explanation, I'd have to go with Zosimo's thought about the overheating causing some sort of reaction. I was a very, very hot day in August, probably above 40°C in the sun...

I never repeated the experiment (not with gold, anyway), but if I would, I think I'd make sure the temperature doesn't get too high...
Back to top Go down
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:49 am

I had my spirit and caput mortum in circulation now for about 30 days.
(about 700ml)

2 days ago I decided to filter it.
After that I distilled of the spirit.
In the end of the distillation I looked for the film which started to form at less than 100ml.
I decided to leave it a little longer there ... when I checked back the distillate already started to crystalize totally oversaturated (about 50ml) ...
I stopped the distillation immediately stirred it with some wooden stick. A little bit redissolved (it was still quite hot).

Anyway I put it in the fridge and nearly the whole mass crystallized and yes pretty dark red crystals. (bright red where small crystals formed) This crystallization to me looks different than the dried up carput mortum. The main difference here is probably that the undissolveable stuff has been filtered out.

In my opinion the spirit which I distilled of hasnt changed in comparison to before the circulation.
Also I checked the ph when the distillate was at 100ml and it was 5.80.
The spirit is still alkaline between ph 9 and 10.
So in this regard nothing changed in comparison to before the circulation.

So chemically speaking this circulation has done nothing Wink

Anyway how should I collect these crystals? Filter and scrape of the crystals from the filter paper and let them dry at room temperature?
or is there a better method?

Wilfried
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW Method 3   GW Method 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW Method 3
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next