The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
+13
Drgn9991
Pray
seasalt
Aboveasbelow
Lumen
cocojambo
Kirk
NEPTUNE
bluefloor
AmonD
frankjames
T.P.
F.T.R.L. MsageiAlchemist
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

.......... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ..........   .......... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:40 pm

If you've got a means of distillation,an incubator,and a means to melt gold then that's all you really need to complete the work.  Everything else is just conveniences.  

If all you want to do is make a medicine from GW, then all you need is a distillation flask,an outdoor stove, and a plumbers torch.

Btw you might consider editing your last post. It says "the sentiment" rather than "the sediment should always be removed."

When you calcine the concentrated GW in a distillation flask (true to the GW1 path) the smoke that condenses is a rather volatile spirit. When you dissolve the salt in it the salt takes the potency of the spirit.

The result is no matter how much you calcine the salt afterwords it stays just as reactive as the spirit you added to it.  Unless I miss my guess you'll have a hard time dissolving gold without this spirit combined with your GW salt.  Before adding the spirit the salt is very much like table salt in chemical properties color and melting point.

After repeated additions of the spirit, the salt has a lower melting point,is between pinkish and cherry red in the middle with a white crust, and is much more reactive. I had the unfortunate idea to taste some of this salt. I wound up with a chemical burn on my tongue very similar to what one might expect from strong lye but without an acidic or alkali taste.

The spirit alone should dissolve gold but I haven't tested it yet.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: ..........   .......... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi

Thx for the ideas and results you've found.
Mostly I've been playing with Salts but ultimately
know I need to distill to really go forward.

Yea... lets not taste this stuff!!
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: ..........   .......... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Sometimes the strangest ideas produce unexpected results which are desirable none the less. Although I burned my tongue I learned that the salt kept the potency of it's spirit regardless of being heated to it's melting point. So that's a good sign in my opinion because it means that the spirit is being fixed by the salt and the salt is likewise volatilized by the spirit as each addition of spirit lowers the melting point of the salt.

When you add the spirit to the salt it dissolves the salt then when you heat the salt it blackens just like the original feces it came from. The black feces melt and turn into a white salt. Each time you do this the salt gets more reactive and the melting point decreases. With each addition you'll begin to notice that your salt grows slightly redder instead of white.

When your salt begins to look a bit lighter than this guy cherry in the middle,then you have your salt ready to melt with gold. At least that's what the books tell me study.

I have produced the red salt but pure gold is rather hard to come by when you're more MacGyver than Richy Rich. Thus far my best source of gold is dissecting computer parts and subjecting them to a copper chloride bath.

Oh by the way don't add the spirit to the salt all at once! When I tried it, during the calcination the black feces burnt rather than melting and evaporated away all of my salt Sad . I basically ruined the full month's experiment doing that, and had to start over. Mind you that most of that time was the putrefaction stage. In actuality the only work I wasted was 1 day's worth. Even still it's a bit discouraging.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: ..........   .......... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:54 pm

.......... - Page 8 <a href=.......... - Page 8 Photo2-13" />
.......... - Page 8 <a href=.......... - Page 8 Photo1-14" />

gotta go.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: ..........   .......... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Yup those are the correct crystals.

I've been meaning to try the wet path. Just for curiosity sake you might put those crystals into your BM bath and see if they begin to change. A BM bath might not be hot enough but it could very well liquify and gradually change from black to white to red.

Alternately if you have means to seal a crucible you could just add gold leaf and melt it all together. Be prepared for pressure buildup as all sealed crucibles have the chance of exploding.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: ..........   .......... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:33 am

Hi Solarseeker,

I have now set them into BM, will keep thread posted,
onto any change!
Thx
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: ..........   .......... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:03 pm

Update: Although multiplying the unfermented stone will eventually turn it red,and make it a VERY powerful psychic and physical medicine,it won't make it able to mix with gold. All of the alchemical texts show not  sunny  or  flower but both at the same time  sunny flower/
 king queen. Other say that a metal cannot become gold unless it first becomes silver.

So the stone must be fermented with silver before it's fermented with gold.

Here's the catch the molten stone and molten silver are like oil and water,they simply don't combine. So in reducing silver to it's calx (silver chloride) it is nonmetallic and actually ferments the stone. The fermented stone is itself ferment which means you can ferment more and more unfermented stone with it.

The fermented white stone is translucent like glass,with a ever so slightly bluish tint. To test it,melt it in the heat of a plumber's torch. part of the stone sublimates and condenses as a yellow,orange,and red powder on the wall of your crucible.(phoenix rising) The unfermented stone also sublimates but the product is a snow white powder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ..........   .......... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Alchemy :: Practical Alchemy-
Jump to: