The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dew collection method

Go down 
+10
yeshua
SonofSol
Zosimo
trueKabbalist
Felix_Madhouse
spagyricus
Crestington
Wilfried
philalethes
NDC
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Dew collection method - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:35 pm

I just came back from going out into the night, with an almost perfect full moon shining down on the grasslands not far away from here. I meditated my Meditation on Twin Hearts for peace and love whilst a bottle filled with cold water stood in an elevated glass bowl with roughly a 45 cm diameter to it.

I did not put the bottle in the fridge, I wanted to experiment. In case this did not work - and the dew point (4) was almost perfect although there was soft wind blowing at 89% humidity and 5 C degrees - I did not have another plan.

I checked the time on my mobile eventually, and as I noticed the time I used the light from the cell phone's screen to look at the grass around me, and I noticed miniscule droplets everywhere. But nothing on the bottle, nothing on the bowl (I did not expect anything much to happen without the addition of ice in the bottle though, so no big surprise there).

In did wrap my stuff - because it is glass - in clean and new cleaning towels of some fabric that absorbs moisture efficiently, to avoid any chipping of the bowl. I also had brought with me a small jar to put any possible dew in.

So with my discovery of all these droplets I took a clean towel and I began petting the grass with it. Now, this is a huge field of grass, so I had this big grin on my face whilst walking like an old leprechaun over the field petting the grass with a towel. I was happy to find that the towel did absorb a lot of moisture.

So I walked back to my jar and squeezed the dew/liquid from the towel. After a small hour the clouds began to come in and I felt a slight drizzle so I stopped. The jar, which can carry about 50ml was full anyways by now.

The dew inside the jar though was filthy, for there is also plant matter, dirt and other organic stuff in there happily floating around. I used some advanced pranic healing techniques to program the moon's energies to stay in the liquid and some..

I used coffee filters (three, unbleached) to filter out most of the particulates, yet I could not manage to filter it all out to such a degree that it would make the dew water clear. Any ideas? Perhaps using other types of filtration material? Or not using this dew at all?

The moon was so bright it cast my shadow clearly.

Any idea if this in fact was dew which I collected (it did not rain before)? Any idea if the 'dirt'n'stuff will cause problems in the process?

I read that distilling it (I can't even do that though because I don't have the stuff - I'm don't have much finances to be honest) isn't good.

I might try bottles with ice tomorrow though, I do not like dirty dew, but if I can use this, let me know.

I put the jar (shut) in the closet, which is dark and cool.

By the way, I tried to use a trashbag which I had cut open, but the wind just kept flapping it around, so that wasn't a good idea for now. No wind please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:50 pm

I might take a photo of the places we have to put our bikes under, to protect them a bit from the rain and chain them down. These structures are placed around the train station. The cover is made of glass, and it was pretty much covered entirely in droplets! I mean it was pretty much running down. One, next to the station, I can climb on, and indeed it was completely wet. So I though, I might gather those droplets on the glass with a towel if the full moon shines on them tomorrow. Yet, large parts are lit by streetlights, I've seen only a small area farther away which is unlit and suitable.

Do not put your dew in any light (except candle light or an oil lamp light).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:46 am

Artist rendering

Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:03 am

If there is dirt in your dew, then yes you will need to distill it, unless you don't plan on ingesting it, and you only want to make the stone and not the Elixir of Life.

It's very easy to make a distillation until. All you need is a jar or bottle and straw that bends.

Dew collection method - Page 5 Straw%20distillation

Of course, a thin copper pipe works much better. I bought this setup from Edmund Scientifcs:
Dew collection method - Page 5 Simple_Distillation

I use it for distilling essential oils from herbs because it's so hard to clean out the smell from my big distillation system. Much easier to use this cheap little bastard.

Also you can make a really simple distillation unit by just making a pyramid with a clear trashbag, then you put your bowl of dew water inside, and set this up out in the sun on a hot day. The dew evaporates then drains down the walls of the pyramid and into another container you have.

Basically you have one large bowl, and one small bowl. The little bowl sits in the big bowl, and the pyramid goes over the little bowl but is inside the larger bowl.

So there is no excuse for not doing a distillation! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 am

wouldn't there be a risk of loosing the spirit in the dew??? i know there are other processes where we distill the dew. I was just wondering if distillation isn't a problem, why Leyden was so neurotic about it escaping?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:20 am

WhiteDove, That seems like an excellent way of collecting dew..
I might want to try it too.
Just like in the Mutes Liber:

Dew collection method - Page 5 Mutusliber04
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:38 am

Dear Jairo.
Nick already explained us about the use of tissues.
You can use cotton or others tissues if you'll distill dew (caution!!! Can explode!); otherwise the dew we collect, the way We use the dew, can be infected by such a method.
This is the reason why the text talk about glass...

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:07 pm

If you are talking about dragging a cloth along the ground, that is the absolute worst way to collect dew, and even after distillation it wouldn't be suitable for ingestion.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Over 70F while collecting?   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Hey everyone,

I am aware that you should keep the temperature below 70F while storing and working with the collected dew, but what of the collection itself? Last night I had to wait until mid-night before the outdoor temperature was below 70F. As the seasons progress into Summer, we will have less and less nights below 70F. I understand that exposing the collected dew to temperatures above 70F will kill the spirit, but what of the dew that falls on nights when the temperature is already above 70F.

Would the spirit still reside within the dew that falls during Summer nights, and could therefore be collected and then stored at cooler temperatures?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:33 am

That's kind of a Nick question.

If you are collecting the dew using the ice bag or plastic/glass container with
the salt water frozen in them then no matter what the ambient temperature
is, the dew that is collected will always be only a few degrees above the thawed
ice water inside your container. Just remember out at midnight in before dawn.
I usually bring mine in at 5:30 to 6:00 a.m.

This is a great question. I'll just have to see what happens here in Texas when
it gets 104 degrees in the shade.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:15 am

Hello, I currently live in the bay area of California. The air out here is very dry.
I've tried bags of ice, but they don't bring in a lot of dew at all, maybe only 2-5 ml
It seems like dew only collects on the very tips of long grasses and on top of car hoods. Can anyone help me out here ? Should i collect one drop by drop off of the grass or just collect a lot of the top of cars ?

Thank you very much. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:54 am

Hi EriMarkB,

This night I have tried 3 system of collecting dew. Success depends of several factors hard to control and only a few meters distance can make the difference with the same collector.

This night the large plastic sheet directly on the grass was disappointing some very few dew was frozen onside.

Metal painted sheets, not famous neither. Very little dew. and the quality of water could be altered.

The best result was obtained with a common transparent plastic sheet (2X1 m) laying on a 3 cm polystyrene sheet. Inclinaison 30°. Orientation : the wind (in case there is some) must touch the backside of the panel. I could see big droplets on the surface running in glass dish :-) I will do another try tonight.

\
wind \ Panel (polystyrene + plastic sheet on it)
--> \
U (gutter)
======
ground

I hope it can help. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:29 pm

At least you guys are doing something,

I`ve got 3 days of rain non stop here just when the moon was getting full

under scorpio.

It´s frustrating.

I can´t wait to start this but I can tell you in summer it´s not so easy.

so I´ll try on the upcoming april / may full moons wich is fall here.

I have on equestion though.

Can I freeze the dew on my the fridge ?

or the exposure to below zero cold and other radiations inside the fridge are

bad for the dew?

thanks for any ideias.!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi all, here are my pictures...

This is my collecting method Photo 1
Dew collection method - Page 5 Img_0010

Photo 2
Dew collection method - Page 5 Img_0011

Here is my Dew, collected in full Moon, not much but it will do till I learn how to collect more...
Dew collection method - Page 5 Img_0012

It is cold and drie here at this time... probably that is way they talk every where about "May Dew"

-Oscar sunny

PS.
Any sugestions are welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Erikmarkb,MRgiller,Oscar:

Guys: the important thing to understand is what is the dew point on any given night
in your area. There are sevral post with a dew point calculator program that can be
downloaded free.

I"ve mentioned before that there are 2 factors that effect the dew point. Temperature
and Relative Humidity. The important piece of information you need to have is the
relative humidity. If you will bring up your local TV stations web page there weather
dept will usually have the relative humidity posted. They sometimes even have the
dew point available.

If you will download the dew point calculator you can play with it and be able to see
the correlation between these 3 factors. when one goes up or down the others respond
accordingly.

If the RH is low say 30% If the temperature is high say 75 degrees the dew point
will be 41 degrees. This would be a workable combination but the dew amount will
be low. High humidity is important.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Dear magnum.opus1,

Thanks for your information, but I still dont get it... last night I had like 36% humidity, how can I get more Dew that I colleted????

Thanks!

-Oscar sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:45 pm

I created a post last night "Cold Weather Dew Condenser". Take a look at this
post. This device might help your situation.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:08 am

This morning the yield of plastic sheet upon polystyrene (panels) was almost nul --> frozen. Laughing

I noticed plenty of pollen in the glass dish... forward spring. Could that be a bonus in the process? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:46 am

Last night gave me 200 ml of dew with my two inclined panels. geek

I filtered the yellow trees pollen.

A second prototype is going to be added tonight with glass windows replacing plastic sheet.
The receptables will be also in glass.

Plenty of fresh air in the early morning! flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:13 pm

Oscar wrote

Thanks for your information, but I still dont get it... last night I had like 36% humidity, how can I get more Dew that I colleted????

Dear Oscar

Where you live is very dry really. 36% is very dry. Is it near the desert?

I think you ´ll have to multiply your collector bags, or go little by little.

Are you storing your flask in the fridge?

I guess you live near the equator and is very hot there.

saludos!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:16 pm

chercheur:

A second prototype is going to be added tonight with glass windows replacing plastic sheet

You know what?

I think in the end we might come to the conclusion that we should just follow Leyden`s and use glass.

We appreciate you putting some pics here of that chercheur.

mercy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:53 am

My friend mrgiller,

I live in Mexico, We are mainly desert, here in the mountains we have a period of rain, and should come around may, hopefully...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi mrgiller, Very Happy

I'll try to do so with Imageshack since that's the only way for me to succed in posting pics.

Im going to order a ballon flask with glass stopper, like Jairo, to be able to begin as soon as possible.

Anyway, there is still many moon opportunities... April cheers May cheers June cheers

And remember, everyone, Nick succeeded with no full moon. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Anyone thought about the JASON period?

I mean, July, August, September, October, November... Because of the Golden Fleece, isn't this period promising too? Isn't it a beautiful alchemical legend ? I guess so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Fleece
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Golden Fleece   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Chercheur,

The ideia of the myth of the Golden Fleece is intriguing
it has many elemetnts symbolicaly linked with this path.

The water of the ocean, the journey of jason after the golden fleece
the strugle against the forces of nature, the sun.

the symbolic universe is alive there and alchemicals conotations too.

my guess is that any dew will work, just that the dew collected
in the full moon of may - june is going to be more powerfull.

But I suppose that is real for the north hemisphere.

I`ll use the Baloon flask as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dew collection method
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next