The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dew collection method

Go down 
+10
yeshua
SonofSol
Zosimo
trueKabbalist
Felix_Madhouse
spagyricus
Crestington
Wilfried
philalethes
NDC
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Dew collection method - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:34 am

Hello guys this is my first post here. I am Zulnic's cousin. We just finished our dew collection using a 16 lb. bag of ice and 7 gallon bucket. We managed to get 1200 ml. of dew tonight. Temp. was 38*F and humidity was at 51%. I guess living 550 ft. from a major river doesn't hurt much. Tomorrow we plan to crystalize our own sea salt from atlantic ocean water per Nick's recomendation this won't be too much trouble as we live 28 miles from the coast. We'll keep you guys updated on our progress. Thanks again Nick for sharing this economical process with us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi Latheeb

What a huge amount of dew Shocked . Any pics please to show us? Very Happy

The ice bag system in the bucket seems really basic but I am sure a pic or two would help some of us (including myself🐘 ) to get it better.

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:14 pm

chercheur01

Latheeb and I did the Ice bag trick really easy. All we did was buy a 16 pound bag of ice, and stuck it in a 7 gallon bucket. Spent $1.50 on the ice, well worth it in my opinion. Bucket, we already had, if I'm not mistaken, you can pick those up for a few dollars a piece. We'll try to get some picks up in the next couple of days. We're going to do it again tonight, trying for another liter. Crosses fingers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: wow!   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:36 pm

thats so much dew! are you sure the bag wasn't broken cuz i read about that happening to another striving alchemist and to myself as well last night- had a large amount collected in a bowl but then noticed the container was dripping ever so slightly thus contaminating that dew water. Although, ice bags do seem to be the way to go. I'd check the bag just in case.

I have been using frozen water bottles placed outside in bowls and when the weather is just right i get lots of dew. I prefer the water bottles to bags because there is virtually 0 chance of a leak.

Lately the weather has been terrible for dew making and even the grass has been dry for days. Hopefully tonight we can get better conditions.

-val
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Yes, we are sure the bag wasn't broken. A 16 pound ice bag is pretty big, so it can create a lot of dew. It was sticking out of the top of the 7 gallon bucket, if it was broken, there would be a lot more dew than that. At the end of the night, the ice bag was still pretty much full. I couldn't see where very much ice had melted, and currently, the ice bag is half melted, and water is being held in the bottom. Last night was ideal condition for the ice to stay whole the whole night, and we are going to try it again tonight, might not get as much dew, but we sure are going to try.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Latheeb wrote:
Hello guys this is my first post here. I am Zulnic's cousin. We just finished our dew collection using a 16 lb. bag of ice and 7 gallon bucket.

Now that's how you do it! lol
A 16 pound bag of ice only costs 2 bucks at the local gas station, and can produce over a liter of dew in one night! Ha!
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:08 pm

Dew Collecting 101

O K guys this is my current dew collecting process. I use the heavy duty 1 Gallon Glad bags.
I freeze about 2/3rds of a Galion of slightly salted water. I place these bags in several plastic
storage bins from Wallmart. See picture.

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew00125

I then place these bags and bins outside on a slightly elevated platform or box approximately
4 to 6inches off the ground. It seems to work better the closer to the ground you are. I set
them out about midnight and bring them in around 5:30 to 6:00 am.

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew00275

This is temperature of the bags after they have set outside all night. As you can see they were
well below freezing on this night.

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew00375

You can see the dew condensing on this bag. It was very cold outside.

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew00475

You can see the dew has actually frozen to the outside of the bag on this picture.

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew00575

The humidity on this night was at 70% and the temperature was at 37 degrees. The places
the Dew Point well below freezing at 28 degrees. As soon as it condensed on the outside of
the bag it froze.

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew00675

Once the dew had thawed back to a liquid I used a small piece of coffee filter in the neck of
a 20 oz. water bottle to eliminate the debris from the wind.

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew00775

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew00875

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew00975

You can see the debris that was filtered out in this picture. I use a very small piece of coffee
filter. This keeps the filter from absorbing all my precious dew.

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew01075

Over a period of 3 days I collected about 670 ml. of dew. That will be the amount that I use
for my process.

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew01150

Dew collection method - Page 4 Dew01225

Once I have the dew in my flask I seal it off with 4 layers of saran wrap.This works well if you
don’t have a rubber stopper. I then place a tight rubber band around the top of the flask to seal
it in. I then wrap the entire flask in aluminum foil to protect from any stray EMF. Finally I place
this package in the frig.

This is a very simple method for dew collection.
The thing of it is, Mother Nature has to cooperate to make the process work. The temperature
has to be right, the Relative Humidity has to be right to make the Dew Point right so the moisture
in the air will condense on the outside of the bag.
As we all know Mother Nature doesn’t always cooperate.

This is Dew Collecting 101, there is a Dew Collecting 102 in the works. It will be a process
for collecting dew in the colder climates for our northern friends.

Somebody mentioned the idea of using water bottles instead of bags of Ice. that would probably
be a good Idea. I have had several bags leak due to the ice expanding and puncturing the bags.
When I put this run togeather I used 10 bags and lost 1 of them.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:52 am

Quote :
Somebody mentioned the idea of using water bottles instead of bags of Ice. that would probably
be a good Idea. I have had several bags leak due to the ice expanding and puncturing the bags.
When I put this run togeather I used 10 bags and lost 1 of them.

The frozen bottles is the method I've been doing and for the past 2 night it has worked like a charm. I collected 500mL this morning and I'm SURE there is no contamination because the water bottles don't leak.

I'll be posting pictures by tomorrow of my personal method for those that just so happen to have large amounts of bottles lying around and want to put them to use.

I could have bought a bag of ice but i wanted a method I could consistently re-use. After i collect my dew I put the bottles back in the fridge so that they are ready again by nightfall.

xoxo,
-val
Back to top Go down
Felix_Madhouse

Felix_Madhouse

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:57 pm

it seems to me that, by far, the most successful dew collecting apparatus discovered thusfar was using a 15lb bag of ice to collect 1200 ml in one night. extremely impressive, many many thanks for the information, i will most certainly be going along these line. i have a couple questions though:

1. was it simply a bag of crushed ice, or cubed, or something to that extent?

and

2. if so, does it make sense that if you were to simply fill that bag with water (or a similar bag) and freeze it entirely and thoroughly in a large freezer, and use what is essentially a giant block of ice instead of ice that has a thin layer of insulation between it and the plastic, it would be more effective?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Felix_Madhouse, Latheeb and I are the ones who used the 16 pound bag of ice. We did another test run with the 16 pound bag of ice, and on a bad night for collecting dew, we still got about 300-400ml of dew. Not bad if you ask me. And to answer your questions.

#1 - We used cubed ice. We got our ice from a machine that bagged it automatically for us. All we had to do was tie it together with a twisty tie, which they provided.

#2 - Using a block of ice may actually work better than the cubed ice, but here is what you should ask yourself. By the time the water in the bag freezes, how much dew could you have collected with a 16 pound bag of cubed ice already? My point is, making cubed ice may not be worth the effort, it may take 2-3 days for the water to be turned to ice completely. And, by then, you could have collected your dew for the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Guys, another thing you need to consider is The outside temperature, and the relative humidity.
If it's too cold and or there is no moisture in the air or ground then the dew point will be too
low to effectively collect any dew.

You can get this information for your area by logging on the weather channel web site and feed in your zip code. It will give you this information and or a local TV station weather dept.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Right on magnum.opus1. I also believe that the humidity level has a lot to do with how much dew you get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:10 am

Zulnic wrote:
Right on magnum.opus1. I also believe that the humidity level has a lot to do with how much dew you get.

Absolutely, The Humidity (for a lack of a better explanation) is the amount of moisture
in the air. If there is no moisture in the air there can be no condensation on the outside
of your bag or container of ice. Somewhere on the forum is a link for a dew point calculator.
I use this all the time when I'm try to determine if the conditions are right for dew collecting.

That and I can usually feel the energy on a good night.

MO-1 king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:14 am

ENjoy!!!!

http://www.decatur.de/javascript/dew/index.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:20 am

Thanks Oscar.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:16 am

Collected another 120 ml under a half moon last night.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi All,

I am using this service from msn.com weather, it give me all the info I need about the Dew and Humidity...

Hope it helps. Very Happy

Dew collection method - Page 4 Weathe10

-Oscar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:36 pm

mrgiller wrote:
Yes
Contact with metal and maybe EMF, or any other electro magnetic fields.
Some one stated here that even Dew from the car`s surface isn´t good ( Metal contact )

Maybe the Dew astral spirit is really kinda sensitive, it doesn´t like our technology much.

and he might be worried and suspicious that some human alchemist

is trying to catch himt and cook him slowly in balneo mary.

So I´ll go for the simpler process without technical tricks just in case.

Yes, I think you are right. If we needed just condensed water it would be easy. But dew is something very different. It is not just water changing it's aggregate state. It is juvenile water materialized from subtile energies. It is a highly sensitive thing. As far as I know it (this REAL dew) only can form near earth at a temperature of 4 °C. Athmosphere and geosphere are charged contrarily. Only in the indifferent zone between them water is born. Water is in fact a living thing. It can as every being change it's quality and quantity ! Sunrays, EM fields from technical devices and metals (maybe except copper and silver) will (as I think) damage the dew.
It's a long process, it would be a pitty if there will be no results because the dew lost it's energy. This is just my opinion. I myself did not yet start the process since here it's still winter. Good luck to all of you, I'm very curious for your results.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Benedikt, dew is not required to be 4 degrees celius, which is 39.2 degrees fahrenheit. A lot of dew collecting has to do with how much moisture and the time of year, and where you are located. Dew forms on the ground when the temperature of the ground and the temperature in the air differ. Only by reaching the dew point can dew effectively be gathered. The location in my opinion has a lot more to do with it than temperature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:16 am

Zulnic wrote:
Benedikt, dew is not required to be 4 degrees celius, which is 39.2 degrees fahrenheit. A lot of dew collecting has to do with how much moisture and the time of year, and where you are located. Dew forms on the ground when the temperature of the ground and the temperature in the air differ. Only by reaching the dew point can dew effectively be gathered. The location in my opinion has a lot more to do with it than temperature.
Yes Zulnic, I know the official theory of how dew is formed. To condense water, 4 degrees celsius are not necessary. I just think that the alchemists knew that condensed water is not enough. They knew that the dew formed in an cold night on gras and leafs is more than condensed water. And I think that if condensation is forced by some techniques the results will not be so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:41 am

Benedikt:

My friend, if that where to be true then everything that we do in Alchemy
would be null and void. I am one of those Alchemists who believe that
everything in nature (in particular Metals) is in process of being turned
to Gold. The only problem with that is Mother Nature just take thousands
and thousands of years to get the job done. As Alchemists what we are
doing is helping Mother Nature along. We use here laws and processes to
our advantage and we kinda trick her into doing it a bit faster. She is a finicky
old lady and some times she will let us get by with it and sometimes we
overstep our bounds and she coverts our work into swamp water. HA HA!!!

I mean when we set a glass jar or a bag of ice out in a bucket are we not
forcing Mother Nature to give up her precious dew by Artful Technique.

I think the KEY deals with the fact that Mother Nature is very subtle
in her processes. As alchemists, we are trying to speed her up without
loosing any of that subtle nature.

Blessings,

MO-1 king

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:44 am

Okay, I just got back from collecting some dew..
I know it's not full moon yet (was at 68%), but the moon sky was clear tonight and we hit the dewpoint. So I took the opportunity to start collecting dew.
The dewpoint was just below zero so my dew was frozen..
I guess that must have made it harder for the spirit to escape Smile hehe
I had to scrape the frozen dew from my home made dew catcher.

Dew collection method - Page 4 DSCF0371

As you can see, my dew catcher is really simple...
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:31 am

Ah, that dew catcher design reminds be that maybe an inverted glass pyramid shape would be good, like one of those modern stylish lamps. I might go buy one just to use for collecting dew.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi Jairo,

Nice dew collector. Is the funnel made with full plastic or mosquito net ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:21 pm

It's just a clear plastic tablecloth protector.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dew collection method
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next