The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dew collection method

Go down 
+10
yeshua
SonofSol
Zosimo
trueKabbalist
Felix_Madhouse
spagyricus
Crestington
Wilfried
philalethes
NDC
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Dew collection method - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:27 am

You should always distill first, then filter through an advanced activated carbon filter like the ones used in the Brita pitchers. And when you distill, you should go ahead and redistill the same spirit off the earth many times so the strength of the spirit will be enhanced.

Really it's just a short hop-skip-and a jump to making the completed alkahest which dissolves gold anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:55 am

Does not distillation temperature might ruin the dew quality being over 21° C ?
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:54 pm

May be Fr. Nicholas means that we should rotate at mary-balneum temp. for a while our salted dew.
Being salted our dew has been fixed and can't fly away anymore.
After that we should filter with britalike stuff... I've understood well or I'm, myself, fixed ?

Laughing

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:29 pm

The heat doesn't do anything to the dew. And I'm not talking about adding salt either.

You can make the Alkahest from dew in one day using distillation of the dew, with nothing added. The spirit doesn't escape because you cool it with the condensers and form it back into a liquid.

There are many examples of the distillation of dew to make the Alkahest in the RAMS collection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:17 am

Would that be possible to point me out in which Rams documents I can find these only dew distillations (at least one or two), because I don't still 'think' in english and it would be very hard, almost impossible, to swallow thousands of documentations before spotting the right source. I will be dead before that. Usually, I work with Harrap and Babylone help to understand or write posts, so... You can see what I mean. Of course, I don't ask to be feed like a little bird, just a hand to find the needles in the haystack.
Thanks a lot !
alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:36 am

Well, I will distil the 4 dew liters at the bottom of my fridge, using reflux system, and will see where it leads me. More hairs?... rendeer
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:17 am

Dear Cherc,
Compendium pag 6 - 13 JF Fleischer Chemical Moonshine.
And the commentary of it: Moonshine (original) & some practical observations on may dew (slone 698 oughtread - from the philosophical transactions of the Royal Society Brit. Mus. MSS Slone 698 that I don't know actually where it is...).

And there are more:
for instance Reusenstein pag 108

I know what you mean _, it's an hardship. But here and there in the forum there are a lot of suggestions and our source, Fr. Nick, can't repeat always.
Sometime myself, ouch!, I find somewhere in the forum clear explanations of what I'm asking again and again!
Other languages, age, family life...
Alchemy.
Good luck mon chere!

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:21 pm

Gracie mille, Zosimo.

I have once made all the forum since the very first page to find a reférence. Arghhhh!!!! I spent 1 complet day and my eyes hurt!

I know the ruesenstein method. It is question of oak wood barrel, lamp oven, etc., but Nickolas tells us very clearly that it exists a more unsophisticated way to make Alkahest in just one day using only dew distillation...

Can you see all the greatness of this path ! I love you
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:41 pm

I need some dew. I live in montana and there is just nothing to collect right now. I do not see me having enough to start for six months or more. If anyone is getting enough dew to have extra and could send me a liter in the next few months that would be great. I will of coarse pay for expenses. If anyone is willing e-mail me at jhstrong1976(_at_)yahoo.com.

cheers,
Justin S
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Dear Bluefloor,
Me too I had to fight for dew, right now I collect it in the most wet places of northern Italy. where there are lakes and frogs and humid and...
I really don't know if sending dew makes any sense: of course you should look in the web to find the humid places and you'll find the right place driving here and there with your frozen bottles and bucket but finally. one day, it will work.
Blessings from the worse dew collector of Italy.

cheers

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah Zosimo,

I could could go where there is bodies of water and there should be more dew there. Good point, thank you.

Justin S
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Bluefloor

Try this site:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Montana&wuSelect=WEATHER
You can modify by adding your zip code

Hope it helps!

Kevin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:50 am

'

Last edited by spilo on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:19 am

i have this week everyday been getting 1.5 liters of dew with my new dew catcher, the dew catcher is constructed as such: i have 2 x 55 liter containers and in both of them i have 15 x 90mm downpipe in one and 7 in the other container, 22 downpipes all up i want to get 30 so to fill both containers properly. I've cut them all at about 400mm long and end-caped with plumbers glue right around to ensure that water won't leak out at the bottom. i will, with more money soon, finish the other container and add 6 more downpipes to allow the maximum collection for the 2 containers. i wake up at 0515 everyday 1 hour before the sun is up and take this water inside and filter it then boil the water before i add the water to my 25 liter container which is now half full of dew! I'm very keen to start the dew path from ruesenstein so i will fill the 25 liters up and let it sit to do its work while i wait for my distillation unit coming over from the States. i have access to a ice machine and is becoming very handy for this work, i have found that i use about 8 party ice bags full to first fill the 22 x 90mm conduits up around 6-7pm (started to get dark sun is definitely gone then and 1 more bag just before i go to bed around 11pm. once i start this path i'll get into a rhythm and start to store and date the dew as i go so i have roughly 2 liters of dew a day to distill hopefully and i'll have 25 liters of dew to start straight up with and have as a trial run. step 1 done i guess. i hope this idea for warmer weather dew catching will help other to get alot of dew ready to work on too. i had before this just one large container about 15 liter and i added ice to it and then added it to the 55 liter container, just one back then. and i found that in the mornings i'd not have any dew or little at best but with the more surface area now with smaller round conduits that are also an easy size to load and re-load ice into i have increased the dew catching many times over.

phillip sunny

Last edited by phillip_reed on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:57 pm

spilo wrote:
dose anyone know Dew distillation process; eg : temperature, number of distillations and so on..

I would like to look at RAMS collection but I cant order it from my country unfortunately No

There are many different ways to work with dew. You need not worry about figuring it all out yourself, because I will have two paths with dew in my book; one from Rusenstein, and one from the "Mutus Liber".

As for the RAMS collection, it is really something no alchemist should be without. If the company themselves won't ship you the package, I'm sure someone on this forum would be a happy to help out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:00 pm

spilo wrote:
I would like to look at RAMS collection but I cant order it from my country unfortunately No

If you could give me your e-mail or just e-mail me, I will gladly help you out.
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:59 am

i have a new dew catcher. this is probably as big as i can have the catcher, this is the largest i can have before i run out of ice over that 10 days https://2img.net/h/i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy/S8004307.jpg

Last edited by phillip_reed on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:34 am

Nice collector. Here is my spring project for dew collection. Not to scale.

Dew collection method - Page 8 Dew_co10
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:09 pm

I have just collected 4 liters in one nights dew catching with my 4 containers out! it helped that i was on call during the night so i checked the catcher twice and refilled with ice both times early hours of the morning.

the storm season is around at the moment too so i have managed to collect just over 200 liters of storm rain water. hopefully over the next coming months i will see some progress.

phillip
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:08 am

group,
I have just come up with a plastic top for my dew water collector, it is an awesome idea that i should have made ages ago, i will upload it to my photobucket website soon. because i used 90 mm rain water down pipe to start with, i made a plastic sheet with 15 x 90 mm droppers in it to go the same pattern of the 55 liter storage box 3 x 5 conduits pattern and then pop-riveted the droppers to the downpipes themselves. now when it's time to fill the ice into the container it's so easy to do and i don't get ice falling(All The Time) into the bottom of the container, in the morning, i just pull out one cartridge of 15 conduits instead of the 15 conduits by themselves one at time, i'll be finishing the rest of the other containers this way too and making the 3 containers like it so it takes only 5 mins to do in the morning instead of 45 mins. the plastic is flexible enough to make the conduits fit into the storage container and rigid enough to pull out in the morning without worrying about the ice water going into the dew water collection. it makes the job so much easier.

phillip reed lol!

https://2img.net/h/i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/S8004359.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/S8004358.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dew collection method
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8