The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dew collection method

Go down 
+10
yeshua
SonofSol
Zosimo
trueKabbalist
Felix_Madhouse
spagyricus
Crestington
Wilfried
philalethes
NDC
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Dew collection method - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Dear Oscar,

I Wish you good luck. Keep an eye on that weather channel
for the moist and dew point there.

The Mexican Desert must be mysterious and awesome !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:54 am

Well, it's 11:42 pm here in Texas It's 42 degrees outside and the Relative Humidity
is 79%. That means the dew point is 39 degrees. We should be able to get some
dew tonight. The moon is Waning Gibbous. but we shall see what we have.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:57 am

Here is a nice site to immediately determine the moon phase as well as future moon phases:

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/

Also, rereading the letter of the Capuccine monk, I found that he says that the full moon quarter is best for collecting the dew and that after this period will not have enough strength to make the elixir. It is the power of the moonlight and the circumstances surrounding the phase of the moon that determines the "strength" of the dew. Not it being exactly full phase. Remember, guys, that this isn't rocket science were doing. It's an eighth grade level science project. Now, since it would be the full moon quarter, this means that there are between six and eight days available in these months for dew collection. Then you can check with your local ten day weather forecast to determine when you should set out your stuff. The monk also advises on a specific collection method of a glass sheet on sticks, just like the Leyden document.

Now I was trying to figure out how an Egyptian alchemist living in a warm Mediterranean climate could easily create a cool enough surface to collect dew. How could one produce a cold surface upon which dew could condense without access to ice or antifreeze? And I suddenly remembered the alchemical triangle in the Viridarium Chymicum.

Dew collection method - Page 6 Sieben10

On the top right, we see spiritus, which is anima and mercury. We know this to be our dew. Now, beneath it, the old man holds a fish bladder. This was used to draw the air out of flasks so as to create a vacuum. Heat is produced by the vibration of molecules. Remove the molecules and there is no heat. If a minor vacuum is created in a flask, and this flask simply set in a glass pan...

I don't know, do you think it could collect enough dew for the droplets to run down the side of the flask into the glass basin?
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:43 am

When he says full moon quarter, he means the 3 or so days when the moon is completely full, not when it's a quarter full.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:52 am

I actually wasn't referring to the moon being a quarter full, but rather one fourth of the moon phase sequence. Therefore, one eighth of the month before and after the full, which I calculated out to about six to eight days (roughly late waxing gibbous to early waning gibbous). At least this was my thinking. Sorry for the mis-communication. Maybe I'm not reading the terminology right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:57 am

trueKabbalist, i collect dew 7 nights per month, with fullmoon at the 4th night.
is that close to what you mean?
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Yeah that's about the time that I was thinking. Like I said, late waxing gibbous to early waning gibbous. But I'm not certain that this is the "quarter" of the moon that the monk was referring to. I'll have to wait until Nick gets back to me on that one, because he said that it was exactly during the full moon. In any case, we know from Nick that dew can be collected at times other than the full moon and still produce an effective alkahest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:30 pm

HI there,

if it helps... I am doing the same as the trueKabbalist...

tongue
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Um, Oscar. I'm not sure what you mean by "the same" as me, cuz all I've done so far is set out a wine carafe filled with ice set in a pie plate just to see if I can collect a little dew. So far, I've been unsuccessful, once because of a rain storm in the morning and the rest of the time because it's been too cold where I live. I only brought up the vacuum idea as a possibility to run it buy you guys to see what you thought of it. I haven't actually done that yet, so I don't even know if it works. Has it worked for you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:17 pm

Dear TrueKabbalist,

meaning 2 days before Full Moon I started to collect Dew, and two days after before the new wanning phase is up.

sunny
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Oh, ~sigh~ now I see. You meant the same span of time, not method. sorry. I feel like a total dork. I don't know why, but for some reason I'm having trouble with properly understanding what people are saying here. lol. I think I'll go get some sleep now.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 pm

TrueKabbalist,

I send you love and peace.

Ipsissimus... sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:12 am

Well hello TrueKabbalist,

Quote :
Now, since it would be the full moon quarter, this means that there are between six and eight days available in these months for dew collection.

I came to this same conclusion myself, reasoning that there is strong moonlight for several nights running. However because the moonrise occurs later and later each night, those nights before the full has the moon down and gone by about 3 am, so perhaps less ideal.

I have collected dew for two months, keeping the jar in the refrigerator in between. With several nights of effort, I have collected no more than 150 ml of dew, and will begin my experiment probably tomorrow, with a mini-champagne bottle I found, which will require only about 120 ml of dew. The dew collection was in the amounts of 10-20 ml per container per night. All store bags of ice that I checked leaked, so I no longer use them, but transfer the ice into 2 gallon freezer ziplock bags.

Here's my question. I input salt after the first collection month and I think this is where the brown precipitate comes from. The dew is filtered for dirt before it enters the collection jar. Won't this brown precipitate be filtered off when I filter out the excess salt...is that the right thing to do? Is it alright to get rid of that?

As to Holy Water, I may be able to get some for my next experiment, as I plan to start another and hopefully bigger one asap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi !

Last 4 nights I have used 3 different dew harvest methods with glass and plastic :

The results are very different between them from a night to another according to temperature, humidity, etc...

The panel of polystyrene can make the plastic or glass on it freeze very easily if the temperature is near 32°F (0°C). On the other hand, if the temperature is warm it is ideal because it makes glass or plastic on it colder.

2 polystyrene panels covered of plastic sheet (on the left)
Dew collection method - Page 6 Rose07.th

2 windows pane on polystyrene:
Dew collection method - Page 6 Rose05.th

Up to a point, the long plasic sheet lying alone on the hill gives better results if temperature is near 32°F.

Last night with mediocre humidity : 65%. The yellow pines pollen is visible above dew in the 1,5 L bottle
Dew collection method - Page 6 Rose02.th

After filtering Razz

Dew collection method - Page 6 Rose01.th

Dust of golden pollen in the trees... Atishoo! cheers

Dew collection method - Page 6 Rose08.th

Here it is, above 600 ml of dew collected with the glass and plastic polystyren panels and just half of the plastic sheet on the hill (problem holding it in position Mad ). All the surface considered it is not much but the weather is rather cold and dry now :

Dew collection method - Page 6 Rose03.th
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:09 pm

I found a site with interesting information about the dew gathering.The site is in French but i have tranlated it for you.

http://translate.google.at/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Falchimie-pratique.org.chez-alice.fr%2Frosee.html&sl=fr&tl=en&hl=de&ie=UTF-8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Very Interesting Pavlovic!

I reckon by this text that they really have nothing against the forced Dew production
by using pet bottles with frozen water.

I´ll try tonight the plastic bags on the grass...

Thansk for the post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:04 am

Hello, I finally have some time now to collect some dew. It will be full moon soon.
Can anyone tell me if the dew on the tips off of the grass in the early morning is suitable for the process?
Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:03 am

ErikMarkB wrote:
Hello, I finally have some time now to collect some dew. It will be full moon soon.
Can anyone tell me if the dew on the tips off of the grass in the early morning is suitable for the process?
Thanks. Very Happy

Dew on grass and needle tips is the best you can get.
You can also try this. Take a very clean white cloth rinsed in clean water which is poor in minerals and place it on 4 wooden sticks above a meadow where you want to collect your dew. Make sure it does not touch the ground. If dew will form during the night, carefully wring out the cloth and collect the dew in a suitable bottle.
I recently read this in the internet but I did not try it out yet.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:11 pm

PVC is the kind of plastic used, for instance, to make the bases where cooks cut food like meat, onions, cheese and ham.
For collecting dew I will use a less thick PVC than that one / but a more thick PVC that the leaves I saw in the forum pictures, the way it can work as the stuff holding structure, itself fixed on wood legs with ropes.
I'll try the conic shape.
Hope the wild boars don't lick'em all Laughing .
Will tell You bro and sis.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:03 pm

I was reading and comparing the leydon and monk letters and something came up that might be very important that i have not read anyone talking about, it as fallows:
The solar rays descending from the sun carry with them solar sulphur--the Divine Fire. These rays are
crystallized by contact with
the lunar rays. The solar rays are also met by the emanations pouring upward from
the earth's surface
and are thus still further crystallized into a partly tangible substance, which is soluble in pure water.
This substance is the "Magical Mountain of the Moon" referred to in
the R. C. letter. The
crystallization
of the solar and lunar rays in water (dew) produces the virgin earth--a pure,
invisible
substance, uncontaminated by material matter. When the virgin earth crystals are wet, they appear
green; when dry, white.

notice how the sun and moon out at same time:Dew collection method - Page 6 MORNINGDEW
i think this is very important also there are waves that come from the earth and can be measured. they say its good to walk on the earth barefoot at least fifteen minutes a day to absorb them they even have pads u can buy to put that simulate the same waves.
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Dew   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:35 am

The texts all say that the dew should be gathered from the air directly, and not taken off the ground, or by using cloths, who knows it might work but i doubt it will be as powerfull as the dew condensed or on pines ect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:49 pm

ya i was just trying to show how the sun and moon are both out at same time im sure they just using clothes because thats all they had at the time and if u look at the cows they are set up as the monk describes in the letter but with glass scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:53 pm

SonofSol wrote:
The texts all say that the dew should be gathered from the air directly, and not taken off the ground, or by using cloths, who knows it might work but i doubt it will be as powerfull as the dew condensed or on pines ect

I have read somewhere that when the dew comes in contact with
any object it imparts it's fire or nature to that object (trees and grass
for example). It also takes on some of the nature of the object as well.
How much of the fire is transfered I don't know, and what are the benifits
say transfering the nature of a massive Oak or Pine tree to your elixir.

Just some thoughts.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: stainless steel   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:17 am

I was wondering if stainless steel could be used? I know that dew is heavily drawn to it from past experiments and even more so if its filled with ice. However does anyone know if the metal would have a detremental effect on the dew? Like zap it of its spirit?
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:50 am

Dear Yeshua, for what I know steel isn't good at all. This said Fr. Nicholas and the text of Leyden and Moonshine, the latter talking about glass ad no other material.

About d-days (dew collection days)...

I remember to all of you, _, that the quarter of the full moon means 28 : 4 = 7 days that you should calculate using the precise hour of the full moon as the center.
E.G.:
The full moon of MAY is the 9 May, it's in central Europe (Italy) at 6 AM (let’s say at dawn) hour.
You should calculate the full moon time in your area calling a friend astrologist or seeking it in the web.
So, the 9 May at 6 AM is the center and you can collect a full-power-dew the moornig of the 6 till the moorning 12 May.
If the hour was, for istance, at 20 PM of the 6 May you have a d-day more, the 13 May.

Until now I precised what we know from the texts.

And I add something more... But... What I'm saying right now is only my theory... The maximum power is in the moorning before, the center one, and the next; in case of May in Italy should be the moorning of 8-9-10.

And I agree on the point that probably any fullmoon that gives you dew it's OK: I mean, they talk about April and May because they were in Europe...

Wish you all a goooood-d-day ! Very Happy

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dew collection method
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next