The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dew collection method

Go down 
+10
yeshua
SonofSol
Zosimo
trueKabbalist
Felix_Madhouse
spagyricus
Crestington
Wilfried
philalethes
NDC
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Dew collection method - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:56 am

...And... Of course, I said moorning just to say, as we all you should know, from 1 AM to the dawn as already explained by people more expert than me.

Idea

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Hyramposey

Hyramposey

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Greetings All,

I am about to wet my pants in anticipation of the forthcoming full moon of May 9th. bounce I unfortunately have missed the last two moons. I finally have all of my materials together and will be collecting dew from a very carefully selected 9,850ft.elevation secluded mountain village high in southern New Mexico. I have spoken to the friendly people there and the report is that they are currently experiencing VERY HEAVY dew mornings. Hallelujah!! Now.....decisions, decisions....my wife's 50th B-Day of course, would be on May 9th also!! Laughing More later.

Blessings,

Hyram farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HyramPosey

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Hey Hyram!

New Mexico ah?

Just keep that mask handy just in case you hear some Pig Oinc
in the wilderness! pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig
lol!
Back to top Go down
Hyramposey

Hyramposey

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:57 am

Mrgiller,

No pig oinks in southern New Mexico, just have to keep an eye out for Cupacbaras............ Laughing

Blessings,

Hyram farao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:25 am

Hyramposey,

Hey, from the sounds of it you are coming to my town! How's about that? What a coincidence! I think I know where you're going. At least, I know a really good spot on Sierra Blanca where there is a high mountain saddle valley where all of the mushrooms grow. The area is so freaking amazing! Hey if you come down here we should meet up and collect dew and I'll take you to the irridescent spring! Let me know what you think and we can get in touch.

cheers!
Field
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Hey Guys,

This place sounds amazing. Send some pictures ah?

Justa stay away from chupacabras and zeta reticuli type aliens!

I´stay with my Porcupine Tree here...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:17 pm

Haha, Zeta Reticuli, what do they look like? Don't think I've ever seen one, but as far as the chuba cobra...

Well on second thought, I've decided that Hyram must not be going where I thought he was going but he must be going nearby to the aptly named, Cloudcroft. By the way Hyram, nice music!
Back to top Go down
Hyramposey

Hyramposey

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:14 am

Field,

If the offer to come collect dew with you stands, I will take you up, and yes, I was originally planning for Cloudcroft but the company would be great. bounce Glad you enjoyed my music. I plan to "play" to my dew while it is doing it's thing. I know water changes its molecular make-up with different kinds of music. With my relaxing sounds of nature, the dew should take on some even better qualities.................,at least it will scare off the Chupacabras!! Twisted Evil

Field, you can contact me at fiddle1@att.net

Blessings,

Hyram farao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:51 pm

Hey guys, finally got around to getting that picture of our dew collection method that we promised. A promise is a promise right? Our dew collection method is very simple. A 16 pound bag of ice in a 7 gallon bucket. The buckets are fairly cheap, like 3-4 dollars I think. The bag of Ice is $1.50. A cheap easy method for collecting dew. On our bad nights, we collect between 300-500 ml of dew. On our good nights, we collect 1-1.5 liters of dew. And yes, we checked, no holes in the bag. Nick agreed earlier that it could be done. So here is the pic of our method.

Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Zulnic

That's crazy great in it's simplicity and effectiveness!

Kevin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:15 am

Kevinpaw,

Thanks for that comment, it really means a lot. Considering that we are trying to keep it as simple as possible, to go along with the simple process Nick wrote for us. He isn't the original author, that much I know, but he did simplify the process for the rest of us. So, why shouldn't the dew collection method be simple? It was Nick's original idea to put ice bags in buckets, but we went one step further with the 16 pound bag of ice in the 7 gallon bucket. Very easy, and very effective. Feel free to use our idea, that's what it's here for. Tonight, we have a full moon, and we put the bucket out and we're staying up all night, to make sure we get the bucket in on time. Mostly clear skies tonight, with 74 degree temperature, and a 67 degree dew point. There is 78 percent humidity, so we shall see how much dew we collect in the morning.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:35 am

Zulnic

I got the idea to use a fresnel lens to amplify the moon and stars effects from MO-1.
I think it would be a really good idea to use if you can get your hands on one. You are attracting mega dew and need mega moon beams to give your dew a powerful charge! What do you think? You can see the one I used photos #5,6,7 of (collecting dew 1st time w/photos). By the way how much dew did you collect last night?

Kevin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi Zulnic,

I use 12 1.5 l plastic bottles in a plastic container and last night the relative humidity was around 95 %. I got about 200 ml dew. How can you get 300 ml - 1,5 l? Are you sure your ice bag is tight and no water sipping through?

Frank

scratch
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:49 am

Dear Frank and all of You,

Question: I don't know where you can find 95% rel. hum. !
Because, if it's near by a river fall, well, it's night moisture, I think...
It's enough to put moon mirrors to have nitre ?

I've prepared the RAMS-chemical-moonshine-bacstrom-machine (see images) but I think that the project is incomplete because somewhere you have to put ice, isn't it ?
The magnets the book speak about can be cold-warm glass surfaces or, of course, sea salt, salniter, potash or... ?

Dew collection method - Page 7 Chemicalmoonshinemachine

Dew collection method - Page 7 Chemicalmoonshinemachinefirstreceiv

...Something is goin on...

Dew collection method - Page 7 Chemicalmoonshinemachinelastreceive[img][/img]

...But only in the indoor experiment [I'm boiling water in my kitchen]. I'll experiment it outdoor next moorning.

Dew collection method - Page 7 Chemicalmoonshinemachinethetextdesi

Dew collection method - Page 7 Chemicalmoonshinemachinewazup

^ As you see in the picture [before] of the Chemical Moonshine book there's a hole on the top that looks like closed - or - with a tap. I think that is, simply, the same glass ball [this one upside-down] like the two others that compound all the stuff

study

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Frank wrote:
Hi Zulnic,

I use 12 1.5 l plastic bottles in a plastic container and last night the relative humidity was around 95 %. I got about 200 ml dew. How can you get 300 ml - 1,5 l? Are you sure your ice bag is tight and no water sipping through?

Frank

scratch
Frank

Could it just be the sheer mass of ice (16Lbs!) Zulnic is using acts as nothing more than a huge dew magnet of sorts? He does say that he has indeed checked for leaks and has none. Wouldn't that explain how he recovers so much dew? Note that where he is collecting the dew points are quite high, in fact very near the maximum temp (67f) we can use to make our elixir! The air temp was 74f so he must take great care that the dew he collected does not break the 70f limit! At that temp touching the containers even for a short time could easily exceed our temp limit! Forget the RH, what was the dew point where you were collecting?

Kevin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Zosimo:

Wow, what a dew mashine!!!It's incredible!!!
Don't forget to cool the surface of the othere two flasks,you can use a wetted clothes with cold water or ice bags for this.

Frank:

I don't believe either that Zulnic has collected 1,5 liter of dew that way but i know much better trick.It is same like your process with frozen water bottles placed in a bucket only that i wrap around the heating pad around the bucket!
This maximizes the temperature difference between ice bottles and the surface of the bucket and results in maximum dew production!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Amazing prowess Zosimo ! It really looks like the original drawing.
I can't wait to hear from you and your machine results.
How did you make the holes in the ballons?

Bravo!
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Dear Chercheur01,
I'm "bravo" a little less than the glass blower who actually created this piece of art.
All the parts of this dew-machine are made by heat-resistant-glass, this made eventually possible to recover the stuff.
A normal glass when it breaks is gone forever.
The three ballons are indeed three 500 ml ballons.
I'll go to Venice, in Murano, to meet a professional glass blower as soon as possible.
The price of the machine you see in the pohotos is around 150 €.
But I think that Frank can tesch everybody a less expansive way to do the same.
Let's see.
In June I'll go to collect dew in thermal areas avoiding to collect sulfures too...

Dear Dejan07,
Thank you for the insight.
I'll try with those plastic little bags that you fill of water then put in the fridge to make ice for the wiskey.
But, as you know... I don't drink wiskey but dew drunken .

Cheers.
Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Don't forget a heating pad to wrap around the bucket!
Back to top Go down
Felix_Madhouse

Felix_Madhouse

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:42 am

i managed to collect 2 large mason jars and a 16 oz jar full of dew on the morning of may 10, after a clear night with the brightest most spectacular moon imaginable. i don't know how much the mason jars held, but i would estimate a liter each. they are currently being stored at a trusted friend's apartment. i'm wondering whether or not some of it is too contaminated to use, though;

one of the jars had dew that was a more solid reddish-yellowish-almostbrownish kind of color, it was the dew i collected from directly next to the rose bushes in a large rose garden nearby. the rest i collected was white and milky, very clean, and very very bright; will have pictures as soon as a camera becomes available. i'm wondering whether or not this dew just has a tremendous amount of spirit from it's location, or if it's contaminated by some kind of fertilizer or bug repellent. i think it's more likely that it is contaminated, i'm going to distill it off and see if it might be recoverable. if i can distill a smaaaallllll amount of spirit from a very very low flame as well, i want to make a small bottle with that. i have faith that i will have a steady place of residence very soon to go through with a lot i want to do.

i also drank A LOT of dew, like a couple cups probably on the 2nd night of the full moon, and i can't possibly describe right now how many subtle changes i have been experiencing in my own perception; i am truly blessed. all i know to do right now is humble myself and do what i feel i must do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi Kevin,

my ice bottles weigh about 32 lbs. So double of what Zulnic used. But I admit my dew point was around 50-54°F.

Frank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:58 am

The weather was quite uncooperative in April's full moon, with clouds and rain. May just slightly better, but the moon is in a very low arc, barely clearing the trees, and appearing for only about 3 hours before sunrise. So I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:13 am

The moon where I am at seemed on a lower arc and to appear smaller this month.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Yes, I think it should be remembered that while you are working on making the Elixir from dew, you should also just filter and distill some dew and drink at least 1 cup a day, and you will be pleasantly surprised.

I highly recommend filtering through a Brita carbon filtration pitcher to clean it up enough for ingestion.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:15 am

Well, you think that I could drink the determined dew (the one collected with the linen cloth on the fields) after the Brita filtration ?
Or it's better to distill it, after that, with a little salt ?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection method   Dew collection method - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dew collection method
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next